Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Hunters and priests are in the worst situation, yet they get no attention and discarded like vermin.
    You really think anyone's worse off than fire with current PTR?

Hunters are disgusting so let them rot. Fix priest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    ^^ Zenny, here's how I am going to illustrate that mages are special to Blizzard. It's very simple. This nerf the fire mages are dying over will be reduced to the point of being barely noticeable (to all but the mages, obviously). You are entirely safe, you can sleep well. Want to take a bet?
    I hope you're right as no nerf what so ever is necessary. Except pyro pracers of course, those are broken

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's because the blues only appear when there are complaints and mages were topping the charts with little to complain! And when they've been hit, they got the response immediately.

I know it might be hard to believe, but there really are protected and unprotected classes / specs in this game. The few protected classes / specs are always ocuppying their niche. Ie, Blizzard will never make rogues subpar in PVP - one of the specs will always be up there, frequently part of some FOTM, guaranteed. Similarly, they will never make mages subpar neither in PVE nor in PVP - one of the specs will always be topping the meters (although I agree that in some patches the topping was the result of a higher degree of RNG than with other specs). And the unprotected classes / specs... well, there's a lot of them, and they are free to underperform and they are lucky if they are middle of the pack. Yes, it's like this. Try playing retribution or elemental or holy or one of warlock specs and you will see that every expansion you are asking yourself not "will I be top" but rather "will I be viable or will I again have to kill myself near the keyboard just to stay on par with others". Not much fun in this. And mages are never ever like that. Their only question going into the expansion is "fine, tell me the spec, I am ready to pwn".
    Where was the blue responses to Arcane and Frost being amongst the worst specs in the game? Sure they got hotfixed eventually but Blizzard gave very little feedback on the matter. Mages are currently not OP in PvE or PvP at all and are middle of the pack in single target.

It's funny you mention Warlocks wondering if they will be top as historically they have been top just as much as Mages have been, if not more so in recent history. Large parts of MoP and WoD had Warlocks better then any Mage spec.

Deleted
    Who gives a fook really?
    Have you paid RL money to Blizzard recently?
    Enjoy what you paid for then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    And yet nothing has been done to fix the glaring issues like Demo mobility, Affliction single target (people tested MG and said it's worse than 20 stack Agony), or movement in general. Demonic Circle can burn in a fire. I'd rather have Burning Rush on that tier. No one is gonna take Burning Rush over Dark Pact or Demon Skin.
    Mage mobility just got gutted as well, considering the long cast time on Evocation for Arcane, I'd say Arcane will be just as bad as Demo, which is odd for a spec that is supposed to be more mobile. Mage survivability was hit hard as well with the changes to Ice Barrier.

^^ Zenny, here's how I am going to illustrate that mages are special to Blizzard. It's very simple. This nerf the fire mages are dying over will be reduced to the point of being barely noticeable (to everyone but the mages, obviously). You are entirely safe, you can sleep well. Want to take a bet?
    So Fire will be back to middle of the pack in most encounters? Sure, I can believe that. I don't think Blizzard thinks that Fire needs a sustained DPS nerf, just burst needs to be toned down.

I just don't believe Mages get more feedback then other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    So Fire will be back to middle of the pack in most encounters?
    You are a bit annoying with your repetition of a falsity.

Fire isn't middle of the pack, they are very near the top.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10/

Deleted
    Mages have taken the lead in whiniest class, overtaking Warrior, Warlock and Rogue!

Really gotta hand it to a few posters in that thread. Starting off with "I've played Mage for 10 years" and ending with "but I'm unsubbing"...

No you're not, shut the fuck up and stop over-exaggerating. You'll play the game like every body else does and whine about being 2nd instead of first under the false sense of superiority caused by playing a class that has dominated PvE and PvP since the game allowed you to log in.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are a bit annoying with your repetition of a falsity.

Fire isn't middle of the pack, they are very near the top.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10/
    ... are you for real? You can't post a overall as if it means anything. If you check by boss you can see Mages in the top 10 on only 2 fights. Overall gets padded massively by certain lopsided encounters (Xavius).

Overall for ToV shows Fire in the bottom half of dps:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=90

If you bother to look at each boss you would see Fire has mediocre single target with great cleave/aoe.

... are you for real? You can't post a overall as if it means anything. If you check by boss you can see Mages in the top 10 on only 2 fights. Overall gets padded massively by certain lopsided encounters (Xavius).

Overall for ToV shows Fire in the bottom half of dps:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=90

If you bother to look at each boss you would see Fire has mediocre single target with great cleave/aoe.
    Overall means overall.

That you invented your special counting technique which allows you to claim that fire is middle of the barrel changes very little - one can justify anything that way.

Fire is top. In the "overall" sense as is applied by the all-averaging log. Which is the sense you don't like, but life is tough. The end.

Overall for ToV changes wildly even if you simply switch percentiles - which means it is not yet stable. If fire continues to be middle of the pack there, yes, you will be able to say that fire is middle of the pack. Until then, fire is near the top, because this really is the case, it's near the top in measurements that are stable.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-11-17 at 11:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    The amount of changes classes are going through, many are upset and looking for answers.

But Ornyx is making sure everything is swell for Mages. Posting within every hour, sending off information to the devs. And even getting a nerf backed off a little.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752335041

Class favoritism confirmed.
    It's painfuly obvoius, isn't it? Warlocks went liv ein a terrible state and it took stirring up a massive shitstorm in the Q&A session to break the wall of silence. We also got told to stop whining on forums. And outsid eof destruction locks still have massive issues.

DK's and elementals were in the same boat, left high and dry for months, nothing was said.

They suggest some nerfs to wow's golden child, fire mages who are good at everything and somehow got overlooked when it comes to that whole "great at some things, not so great at others" thing because there's nothing they are actually bad at....

and less than 24 hours of screaming and oh look, blue posts! The much needed nerf to a ludicrously overpowered (I mean, 300% on your biggest nuke? really) legendary is being backed off from. I wouldn;t mind betting that mages will get praised for "constructive feedback" either

It make sme think of that old politician trick of proposing huge tax rises, stirring up public outrage, then "listening" and "backing off" by simply implementing the rises they always intended whilst the sheep say isn;t it great the government heard us and these rises are nowhere near as bad as they could have been

Those mage changes aren;t even nerfs really, they are changes that smooth out fire's ridiculously high burst by giving it lower burst phases and all the damage back again in sustained. The ones doing tests on dummies are doing it for like a minute and saying hey where's my 800k dps gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall means overall.

That you invented your special counting technique which allows you to claim that fire is middle of the barrel changes very little - one can justify anything that way.

Fire is top. In the "overall" sense as is applied by the all-averaging log. Which is the sense you don't like, but life is tough. The end.
    So the ToV overall means nothing as it doesn't fit your narrative? The per boss rankings across both raids look as follows and are vastly more relevant to class balance as no one leaves recount running for overall in a raid nor do you actually fight against a boss called overall.

Fact is for EN the rankings for Fire Mage looks as follows:

10th
    14th
    4th
    11th
    3rd
    20th
    2nd6

For ToV as follows:

17th
    13th
    5th

No one sane would look at those ranking and think Fire is OP. Fire is only great on 4 out of 10 encounters. Average single target with great cleave. Nothing that warrants a over 20% nerf.
    Last edited by Zenny; 2016-11-17 at 11:10 AM.

This is a CM he has no effect on game balance, pretty much just there to interact with the people on forums.
    Hi Sephurik

So the ToV overall means nothing as it doesn't fit your narrative?
    I replied to this, we cross-posted.

Overall for ToV changes wildly even if you simply switch percentiles - which means it is not yet stable. If fire continues to be middle of the pack there, yes, you will be able to say that fire is middle of the pack. Until then, fire is near the top, because this really is the case, it's near the top in measurements that are stable.

Deleted
    in high movement fights it was already unplayable. blink blink , okay coast is clear. 7-8 mongo melee in group , nope i get targeted while my rune is down and combustion up. RIP dps. Cool i bursted up to 500k , skeet skeet skeet. oohh back down to 250k . 50k above the tanks woooo so glad i spent countless hours into farming AP for a dead spec. No thanks to my research i can dump all that into frost. Then after that we will get !@#$ed again and go arcane . Naw im good im gonna join the rest of the mongo's and be a DK
    had a good laugh at that first sentence . a Mage complaining about Movement . just wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post

Those mage changes aren;t even nerfs really, they are changes that smooth out fire's ridiculously high burst by giving it lower burst phases and all the damage back again in sustained. The ones doing tests on dummies are doing it for like a minute and saying hey where's my 800k dps gone
    A nerf to burst without any buff to sustain equals a nerf to overall sustain. Logic isn't hard.

Nothing that warrants a over 20% nerf.
    Not saying the 20% nerf is warranted.

Saying mages are not allowed to be bad, Blizzard are going to save you if there's even a potential for that happening. This is not the case for other classes, they are allowed to be bad just fine.

Deleted
    I reckon they should give mages Prismatic Crystal back.. Then they'd have something to hate. Welcome to affliction's world lol, where we get the trash the mages managed to get removed from their class as everyone loathed it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Mages have taken the lead in whiniest class, overtaking Warrior, Warlock and Rogue!

Really gotta hand it to a few posters in that thread. Starting off with "I've played Mage for 10 years" and ending with "but I'm unsubbing"...

No you're not, shut the fuck up and stop over-exaggerating. You'll play the game like every body else does and whine about being 2nd instead of first under the false sense of superiority caused by playing a class that has dominated PvE and PvP since the game allowed you to log in.
    You just described every single class forum.
    Everyone says "My class sucks, stop messing with it, blabla, other classes are better".
    Its human nature to want your class to be the best, any changes are this shit community explodes.

Just have a quick look at ANY class forum for ANY spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    You just described every single class forum.
    Everyone says "My class sucks, stop messing with it, blabla, other classes are better".
    Its human nature to want your class to be the best, any changes are this shit community explodes.

Just have a quick look at ANY class forum for ANY spec.
    Maybe, but generally I find the classes I've listed to be slightly worse :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Maybe, but generally I find the classes I've listed to be slightly worse :P
    I play a hunter my self, that community is the worst. Just makes me not want to read it as after reading the posts you feel your IQ drop and a depression setting in. :P but yeah rogue and monk are also not the best :P.

The devs play fire mage, if you didn't know. It's really obvious how biased the devs in this game are, and is disgusting and unprofessional. The entire dev team needs to be replaced.