Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If I could I'd buy it, and post a video onto YouTube of me smashing it. That'd be my "public display" of it then...

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Well in this article, it is mentioned that it wasnt in fact sold by the country, instead it was picked up by an archeologist, hence it most likely being stolen, considering the aforementioned.
    It's always a possibility. I have heard of some countries permitting archaeologists to keep what they find in their digs, so who knows. If I were the buyer, I'd make damn sure it wasn't black market before putting money down, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Looking back at how many lives were terminated and enslaved by the followup to this stone, I'd say shattering them would make for a great symbolic action.
    Yeah, I guess we should shatter anything of scientific significance also.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    If you had actually read the post: the auction has a stipulation that the buyer must display it in public.

Kinda wondering who sells this kind of thing, arnt most relics automatically owned by the country that it is found in meaning this should belong to the state of palestine?
    I did read it. The difference between what the seller wants and what I wrote is the 'museum' part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Genghis Khan still alive and interfering with people's lives? If so, yes, let's destroy Khan's ressurrected mummy.
    So the fact that it's ancient history with no bearing on contemporary society makes it worth preserving, while it still having a bearing makes it worth destroying?

What in the actual fuck?

I get it, you're trying to be an edgelord, but you seem to be letting your edginess make you look like an idiot.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Best i can do is $5, Its not well preserved and looks like shit. Might make a good paper weight or table top.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So the fact that it's ancient history with no bearing on contemporary society makes it worth preserving, while it still having a bearing makes it worth destroying?

What in the actual fuck?

I get it, you're trying to be an edgelord, but you seem to be letting your edginess make you look like an idiot.
    What's worse, me expressing my opinion or you parroting one of the current hip buzzword?

I hate religion, I have my own reasons for that. So I think everything that has to do with current (abrahamic) religions irrelevant, worthless and unimportant. Deal with it.

On the contrary, I love ancient Egypt's history and mythology, because I didn't have to live with it and all its darker sides, I can simply enjoy the beautiful site of it from an outsider point of view as someone born millenia late to ever have had any contant with it.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2016-11-17 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's worse, me expressing my opinion or you parroting one of the current hip buzzword?
    It seems to match your edgelord opinion quite well, which is why I use it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

This shit is fake. Not even written in English. Don't waste your money.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It seems to match your edgelord opinion quite well, which is why I use it.
    Then you won't mind if I hereby start refering to you as butthurt kid, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Not even a first edition, it's clearly a reprint.

Or a rechisel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    A true dead giveway is that its not in Papyrus font as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testaxc View Post
    A true dead giveway is that its not in Papyrus font as well.
    I'd pay good money for a tablet written in comic sans.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be a cunt and 'lose' it after buying it anonymously, wait until the price jacks up massively and sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Paah, i would buy it just to shatter it. Period
    ^This. Gotta love those christian tears.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    ^This. Gotta love those christian tears.
    Shattering historical artifacts just to spite people is a very mature thing to do. *nods*

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Shattering historical artifacts just to spite people is a very mature thing to do. *nods*
    It's not to be mature. Something has to be done about this plague of people believing a magical bearded man in the sky is there for them.. all they have to do is pray and not sin. lol

It's not to be mature. Something has to be done about this plague of people believing a magical bearded man in the sky is there for them.. all they have to do is pray and not sin. lol
    And how would destroying historic artifacts convert those religious people? It would make them hate you, and you'd look like an idiot to anyone else who happens to value historical things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    And that will show those people who do not agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    And how would destroying historic artifacts convert those religious people? It would make them hate you, and you'd look like an idiot to anyone else who happens to value historical things.
    I wouldn't mind if the tablets were saved in a museum, in a show of old artifacts from a religion practiced by the primitive human beings on our planet centuries ago.

But we are in the 21st century and we still got these people among us... You can't convert 90% of stupid back to a logical path...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    And that will show those people who do not agree with you!
    Is religion a fact? Is there proof? It's not about agreeing, it's about not being stupid and gulible.

Try again.

Most overpriced hardcover childrens book ever.