Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Maybe it's been mentioned already, or maybe I'm just the only one who thinks that way, but without SW applying Vulnerability. MM is going to be much harder to play at 100% than it is now.

1 of the reasons is that you need to use another GCD inside your Vuln.-Window if you want Marked Shot to benefit from it and at the same time, you want to delay your AiS as much as possible if you play with Patient Sniper.

AS-MS-AiS-AiS-AS-MS is impossible to do without 25% haste or something. In addition to that you might use Piercing Shot, which will reduce your pool back to 0 (no more +max focus). You don't want to use MS immediately either, but since the proc rate with AS/Multi is higher than with SW, you'll obviously want to use your MS proc before you get the next one but you don't want to use it too early either because of the new Patient Sniper... but you don't want to cap out on focus too with means you'll have to squeeze an AiS in. But in the meantime, you might override your Marking Target proc with another and thus wasting a Marked Shot.

It's really confusing to me and I'm honestly lost without someone doing some serious theorycrafting on this. So far, all (yeah, all) of the classes had a natural DPS-flow to it, it's always been so obvious as to which skill you should use next etc., but 7.1.5 MM (or even 7.1 Hunter without SW) Doesn't feel like that at all.

It seems like proper focus and proc management is going to be a lot harder than what we are used to from recent years.
    And I can't help it but I believe the MM-belt is pretty sick in 7.1.5, considering that we might be going for 1 AiS per Vulnerability instead of two and the amount of stacks the belt gets is getting much higher due to ArS spam. Each stack is also much stronger now if you do an end-window AiS, it's also going to be buffed much more (+ base damage increase). It might even make Trick Shot a strong/the strongest choice.
    Belt doesnt work with Arcane, only with multi.

And yeah, playing without sidewinders and with patient sniper now is basically completely reliant on RNG, Ive been playing it alot in m+, mostly on volcanic weeks and sometimes you just dont get marked proc for 15 seconds and spam arcane and aimed without vuln and then you get three back to back, which you cant even proeprly use, because you dont have enough focus to get good benefit from it unless you also get lucky LnL and even then, the spec is doing significantly lower dps on single, like worse than eleshaman single. Has sick Trueshot aoe burst tho, wish I had boots, would have played the spec more in m+

Deleted
    blizzard is literally trying to make me quit.

I just got comfortable with sidewinders and thought "hm it isn't that bad"
    and now... back to spamming fckn ARCANESHOT?!?!?!

even if we top the dps meters at the end I still think that the current sidewinders MM will be more enjoyable to play than going back to spamming arcaneshot.
    Blizzard could you please go back to talking to the "pro players" (progress raiders and pvp) and let them inspire you befor you start coming up with your onw ideas which are shit most of the time.

fuck your class fantasy I just wanna enjoy playing my hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Belt doesnt work with Arcane, only with multi.
    OH shit you are right, I somehow got it stuck in my head that it builds stacks whenever you use a generator. Damn you SW.
    Damn, well, should still be "good" for AoE if you use Trick Shot then.

Overall however, I can't get used to the fact that ArS regenerates so little focus. It deals so little damage already, it's a spell you never want to use unless you have to. And this RNG and "damage windows" bullshit makes it so that it's going to be your most pressed button. Blehrg....

There was a reason why I liked Focusing Shot as SV in BRF. Generators suck if they don't do something nice. At least SW helps your rotation, always, even without a proc. ArS however doesn't and it's mostly useless 3 out of 4 times. I still think that they should add another debuff, just for AiS, so that you never have to cast an AiS that is not buffed unless you fucked something up.

Depends on how it will actually play. Just trying out a build without sidewinders on live feels kinda shit, but I'm one of the few who actually enjoy the current BM so if that turns out to be viable I might keep playing hunter even if MM feels terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty1 View Post
    all im hearing right now is bad news for mm hunters on all forums , all the specs are getting 5% less crit and also barrage being nerfed means our aoe suffers.

if these changes stick and go live, will you guys be moving on to a new class instead of being screwed by blizz every patch or will you give mm a chance?? right now hunters are looking in a very bad spot with these recent changes.
    its so stupid forcing people to use murder of crows barrage needs to have high AoE damage when the adds have millions of hp and hit like a semi truck on steroids. people say talent into volley hell no volley isnt the same as the original volley.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Newron View Post
    Oh wait it is PTR and alll things might change the other way around.
    It's cute that people still think this
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Don't think re-rolling classes is even an option in this xpac, heck you can't even re roll specs. The process of building up AP and gearing a new class/spec is way to brutal. Try it and you will quickly find yourself 20-30% behind for several months and never really able to reach full potential. This is all thanks to the broken artifact, relic and legendary systems. I'm not usually one to quit but this xpac really gives you no other option if your class/spec is in a bad spot. Don't think any catch up systems they have planned will help and to make things worse some of the new legendaries announced for 7.2 seem mandatory to play certain specs.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-11-17 at 07:14 PM.

I'm pretty bored right now with barrage and sidewinders. Of course i'm pleased with the cleave in mythics but I would like to see more viable builds. Would like to use multishot, arcane shot, powershot, black arrow etc. Right now we are forced to choose the simplest build. I mean... sidewinders replacing MS and AS, dropping PS off. Now we have like 5 buttons to press.. would like to see some more

Deleted
    all im hearing right now is bad news for mm hunters on all forums , all the specs are getting 5% less crit and also barrage being nerfed means our aoe suffers.

if these changes stick and go live, will you guys be moving on to a new class instead of being screwed by blizz every patch or will you give mm a chance?? right now hunters are looking in a very bad spot with these recent changes.
    Fuck no. I play a Hunter as it's fun.

Can someone tell me why they're nerfing barrage? It already got a nerf a little bit back, and it's not like it does absolutely superior damage, I find myself swapping between all 3 talents in that row quite often depending on the boss or whether it's a dungeon/raid. IMHO in its current iteration, it's perfect where it's at.

Deleted
    It's okay for what it does.

Crow, Volley, Barrage is the only talent tier I consider 100% balanced, even after Barrage nerf. It's just some fine tuning that doesn't matter, or rather change what each skill is doing.

Well now we will hardly ever use barrage single target.

Nah i like BM just fine now.

It's clear that Blizzard has no fucking clue what they're doing.

They spent how long to re-design Hunters, to only go a re-design them again.

Zero. Fucking. Clue.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Well now we will hardly ever use barrage single target.
    As it should be, tbh.

Figured there would be more than a few "tweaks" so decided early on to level both BM and MM weapons. That said, I'm not one of the top tier raiders so this affects me much less than those that go all out on min/max
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Deleted

I guess I should feel happy now about having resisted the temptation to swap to MM from BM. Letting go of my two silkworms for sake of something as irrelevant as some dps gain? Never.

Deleted
    I reroll to hunter actually. I read about the nerfs but honestly every class is whining like a baby when they look at 7.1.5 I had a healer main before but i have a child and a job and i can't be with my raid in time very often. But as they need a consistent healer i was looking for a dps. I like ranged dps but not casting as a dps. So hunter is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Don't think re-rolling classes is even an option in this xpac, heck you can't even re roll specs. The process of building up AP and gearing a new class/spec is way to brutal. Try it and you will quickly find yourself 20-30% behind for several months and never really able to reach full potential. This is all thanks to the broken artifact, relic and legendary systems. I'm not usually one to quit but this xpac really gives you no other option if your class/spec is in a bad spot. Don't think any catch up systems they have planned will help and to make things worse some of the new legendaries announced for 7.2 seem mandatory to play certain specs.
    Changing classes yes, right now it takes far too long to catch up. Even when they add buying the first 10 AK levels it will take too long.

However, it doesnt take that long to catch up on offspecs. I could get MW from 1 to 22 in less than a day with current AK.

Honestly? No.
    Im Survival. Been a melee since WoW day 1 and that aint gonna change ever. Trough expansions and years i switched melee classes here and there, mostly sticking to DW 1H builds like SMF warrior, Frost DK, WW monk, Combat rogue and Enhance shammy but playing others too.
    In Legion.. theres simply no class that fits my flavor more than Survival. Feels sad to say it, but its like that. Even so with all of its issues and hopes that they will be somewhat resolved im simply unable to switch because.. theres nothing for me to play that i enjoy, atleast at this point.

I personally dont like new weapon limitations and that it self cut my choices short and with new feature "class fantasy" being implemented it simply moved me away from some of the classes that i enjoyed in the past.
    Enhance is too much flashy for me, i love the play style but its simply.. moving new years Spruce tree with all of its decorations.
    Combat rogue.. got a gun and dices.. nah, they went too much off board getting that pirate on board.
    Frost DK.. simply nop. dunno why.. i feel like i need small break from Frost as it was my main/alt trough last two expansions.
    And fury.. i love new fury.. animations simply HURT YOUR EYES just by watching them how good they are and overall class feels like they actually nailed it this time.

So.. its down to my Survival or a Warrior. i have Invested too much time in survival so without some really good catch up mechanics i dont see my self moving to a fresh warrior.

As for surival.. only thing that i would like to see is that BMs talent "Blink Strikes" become baseline to Hunters pet specs with lower CD, like 4s or so.
    The reason is.. if i jump from ANY hill/cliff right into fight my wonderful bunny pet with shinny butt will go longer way around using "foot path" to me, which makes me unable to use Flanking Strike (one of our main and hardest hitting spells) for 4-5s, sometimes more, till my pet gets to me.
    Not so often from one of those jumps i find my pet so much behind that hes actually missing whole fight, spawning next to me AFTER the fight.

OR atleast allow us to use Flanking Strike without calculating in pet damage if hes not around.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2016-11-21 at 06:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.