Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    While some people take things too far, this is just another demonstration of how Republicans don't believe in good mental health. Grief is real. Grief can lead to depression, sickness and even suicide. Now matter how many Republicans want to call those things "weakness" the fact of the matter is that grief counseling can do a lot for the mental well being of students, especially in a stressful environment like college. "Suck it up" styled masulinity is why men are far more successful at suicide.
    "Men are four times more likely than women to commit suicide, even though women attempt it more. So men are better at it! Well, if you want to be truly equal, you're gonna have to start taking your own lives in greater numbers." George Carlin.

But seriously even though i think college students are getting a bit coddled and need to be exposed to different views rather then put in their own protective bubbles and safe spaces, getting funding taking away from people (whether or not that actually need it is not my call) who need the therapy is not that way to go about this.

We need to stop banning people from speaking at colleges just because we don't agree with their views and start talking to people. I'm sick and tired of people constantly calling others on the right racist and homophobic because of their part affiliation. Brexit and now trump should have taught us on the left that this doesn't work and to actually talk to people instead of shaming them because once those poll booths open those who have been shunned as racists will come out and vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Trigger Warning
    Trigger warnings wouldn't be necessary if people would just leave their safety on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    I'm sick and tired of people constantly calling others on the right racist and homophobic because of their part affiliation.
    If you don't like being associated with the people running your party, maybe you ought to reconsider your association with that party.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's weighing the odds and the odds look abysmal for the LGBT community right now.
    I understand that and feel sorry for them, but it isn't the end if the Republicans do something as bad as that. Seeing as how marijuana is being legalized in several states while still being illegal on the federal level it could be possible for gay marriage to still be legalized should the Republicans get their way. I understand that's what Republicans say they want as well, for states to decide on the matter, though I don't agree with it since it's a right that should be applied to everyone on the federal level.

The point is that it's going to be an uphill battle, not a hopeless one. So those that are giving in to despair need to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    So you've never attended a four year college and thus have no clue what constitutes standard mental health resources at such establishments. Got it. Don't talk about college when you've never actually been ;-)
    Except I have been to college if you'd bother to read. Two year colleges and Technical colleges are still colleges. And unlike a 4 year college you might have attended, the two I went to were more concerned with my education than with my feelings. And mental health should be handled by a professional, such as a psychiatrist. Not a guidance counselor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    If you don't like being associated with the people running your party, maybe you ought to reconsider your association with that party.
    And this is why Trump is becoming of the United States because refuse to talk and like to just shit on the right. Should also mention that i'm left so I have a very clear understanding of the echo chamber that occurs on the daily basis.

You know, i was fairly anti-trump (and anti-clinton, you know, like 80% of the country) but seeing the lib tears and all this weak minded bullshit, I'm starting to actually enjoy and support trump.

The issue though, is we are heading toward Equilibrium. The pussification (thanks George Carlin) is absurd, i feel we need a global purge cuz this shit is getting out of hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    You know, i was fairly anti-trump (and anti-clinton, you know, like 80% of the country) but seeing the lib tears and all this weak minded bullshit, I'm starting to actually enjoy and support trump.

The issue though, is we are heading toward Equilibrium. The pussification (thanks George Carlin) is absurd, i feel we need a global purge cuz this shit is getting out of hand.
    The pussification is a consequence of identity politics and feminist virtue signalling

The problem with mean reversion in this context is you often get momentum swings the other way - in this case, a momentum swing to the right

Deleted
    "Since Donald Trump’s upset victory last Tuesday, colleges across the country have brought in therapy dogs, canceled exams and held “cry-ins” on campus"

Honestly, these people are completely defenceless when they enter the "real world" outside the college campus...

What a bunch of losers >.>

I have found virtually no place in the real world where any of these things actually have happened. This is what happens when your info comes from conservative meme echo chambers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I have found virtually no place in the real world where any of these things actually have happened. This is what happens when your info comes from conservative meme echo chambers.
    "I don't know anyone who has been murdered, so murder doesn't happen except on the news"

You see how silly you sound

There's plenty of places where this happens, your lack of personal experience doesn't determine reality

Mental Health includes preventative care, such as empathizing with fear/anger. Would you rather pay for someone to help students talk through their issues, or would you rather have those feelings build up to a mass shooting? Pretty obvious answer. Also, lawmakers don't get to decide what Counseling centers budget their money on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Mental Health includes preventative care, such as empathizing with fear/anger. Would you rather pay for someone to help students talk through their issues, or would you rather have those feelings build up to a mass shooting? Pretty obvious answer. Also, lawmakers don't get to decide what Counseling centers budget their money on.
    Are you saying the people who need "cry-ins" are actually potential mass shooter-types who can kill hundreds of people and pose a real threat to society?

I mean if so, maybe we should medicate and institutionalise all SJWs, just in case

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    "I don't know anyone who has been murdered, so murder doesn't happen except on the news"

You see how silly you sound

There's plenty of places where this happens, your lack of personal experience doesn't determine reality
    I mean, I work with the university system of my state, and none that I know of have done it, including the university in a town that had massive, predominantly student body protests following the election.

Did it happen somewhere? I'm sure it did. But to pretend it's "widespread across the country" and the "pussification of our colleges" is absurd.

7+ Year Old Account
    I blame this on parents who made sure these kids never really understood defeat, and how to deal with it. I learned that Loss is a way to grow, if you never lose, you never grow. I coached a soccer team when my kid was 10. at the end of the season, we came in 4th place, all the parents wanted to have a pizza party, .. sure, but then they ( a few ) wanted to buy each kid a medal and trophy to show that they are still winners. I said NO!. got some lashback from a few parents, in a meeting it got heated, i told them, if they wanted to lie to their kids fine, but im not. its one thing to have a pizza party and reflect, its a whole different story when they want to not make the kids cry or pretend..

its the mentality that if u dont teach them about loss and how to handle disappointment early, they turn in to what u see at our schools today.. so when they are hit with reality.. they cant handle it and dont know how to react constructive.. sad.

the true character of someone is shown not in how they handle winning, its how they handle loss or disappointment. we are seeing alot of sad character these days..

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    And this is why Trump is becoming of the United States because refuse to talk and like to just shit on the right. Should also mention that i'm left so I have a very clear understanding of the echo chamber that occurs on the daily basis.
    Well the right wing just voted in a president that most of them don't even really support just so they can drink in all the "SJW tears" so, uh, mission accomplished I guess? That the country is going to go down the shitter is not in dispute, the only debate is over whether we should complain about it loudly or just suck it up and keep quiet, so yeah, MAGA!

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    I blame this on parents who made sure these kids never really understood defeat, and how to deal with it. I learned that Loss is a way to grow, if you never lose, you never grow. I coached a soccer team when my kid was 10. at the end of the season, we came in 4th place, all the parents wanted to have a pizza party, .. sure, but then they ( a few ) wanted to buy each kid a medal and trophy to show that they are still winners. I said NO!. got some lashback from a few parents, in a meeting it got heated, i told them, if they wanted to lie to their kids fine, but im not. its one thing to have a pizza party and reflect, its a whole different story when they want to not make the kids cry or pretend..

its the mentality that if u dont teach them about loss and how to handle disappointment early, they turn in to what u see at our schools today.. so when they are hit with reality.. they cant handle it and dont know how to react constructive.. sad.

the true character of someone is shown not in how they handle winning, its how they handle loss or disappointment. we are seeing alot of sad character these days..
    The "everybody is a winner" crowd is annoying but ultimately harmless. The people who are really responsible for all these problems are the ones who fail time and time again but either come up with bullshit rationalizations, blame everyone but themselves, or tell themselves that they were actually winning this whole time and that the rest of the world just doesn't understand them. Most people are not winners, and we need to teach people to accept losing as normal, or else they are going to just pretend like they won anyway and act like complete jerkoffs for no justifiable reason.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2016-11-17 at 02:45 PM.

Seems like this would normally be a unnecessary intrusion, but I have to say if my college was wasting money on this shit and my academics were being affected by "cry-ins" exams being canceled and retards protesting, I'd want my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Seriously, I don't know what's more pathetic. The people taking emotional support to the extreme, or the retards taking such offence by it that they're willing to waste time trying to combat it...
    We need a like button. I get the impression the OP troughs Fox news for this rhetoric being passed as journalism so he can come here and argue with gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    "Since Donald Trump’s upset victory last Tuesday, colleges across the country have brought in therapy dogs, canceled exams and held “cry-ins” on campus"

Honestly, these people are completely defenceless when they enter the "real world" outside the college campus...

What a bunch of losers >.>
    Unfortunately for people parading this it's mostly a lie, there were instances of cry in and people losing their minds but most college students have gone about their business like normal. Even the articles that mention the cry in only say a dozen students compared to a campus of thousands that is nothing. But you know whatever advances the narratives that this new generation is somehow worse than the previous ones. Also people may want to talk to these people too they seem sooo young and defenseless for the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who suffer from GAD, I sure as hell would find it insulting if people came with Play-Doh to help me when I'm in high anxiety.

Mindfulness and relaxation are the best remedies against anxiety, not whatever the hell that is.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    As someone who suffer from GAD, I sure as hell would find it insulting if people came with Play-Doh to help me when I'm in high anxiety.

Mindfulness and relaxation are the best remedies against anxiety, not whatever the hell that is.
    Different things work for different people. If playing with Play-Doh makes someone more relaxed and reduces their anxiety, who cares? It works. If being in a quiet room meditating works for you, good for you.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.