Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Including atheism and agnosticism? They are religions in their own right.
    No they are NOT religions.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Dude you can scream and shout racism as much as you want but I fucking get it.

When 99% of terrorists are Muslim you damn right make a registry of all muslims.

It's not even bigoted, it's a logical thing to do.
    95% of mass murderers are men. Clearly we need a national registry of men, and use it to carefully monitor the male population. Men simply can't be trusted with freedom. It's not even bigoted, it's the logical thing to do. If only we lived in a country that put rationality ahead of feelings, and wasn't drowning in political correctness, we'd be able to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Yeah, "PC outrage" is a perfectly reasonable rationalization for voting in an authoritarian to the most powerful political office on the planet. "Let's end freedom, that'll show them bloody liberals"!
    whos freedom what freedom
    You don't have a right to be allowed to enter the U.S. and you don't have a right not to be tracked if you are allowed to enter the U.S.
    and if you would acknowledge and understand those facts it will lay bare how absurd you outrage is
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-11-17 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Great place if you like terrorist attacks and getting raped.
    Zero terror attacks since the murder of Theo van gogh, and our rape rate(per capita) is well below the U.S in the Netherlands, you alt-right types should try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    There are more patterns of violence within Christianity but we don't classify mass shootings and abortion clinic bombings as terrorist attacks. it's no excuse to take people's freedom away, even if they are not born citizens they are citizens just like your ancestors who immigrated here so you can be a natural born citizen.

- - - Updated - - -

As much as I hate Trump trust me I do, even as president he does not have enough power to do what Hitler did our founding founders saw to that. If we want people to hear what we have to say we have to stop with the hyperbole, once he takes office his actions will speak for themselves and I don't think even republicans will stand for it.
    I thought the same about them when Trump started spouting his BS, " Not even Republicans are gonna stomach THAT" But apparently they thought his insane statements was apparently just what they needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    whos freedom what freedom
    You don't have a right to be allowed to enter the U.S. and you don't have a right not to be tracked if you are allowed to enter the U.S.
    and if you would acknowledge and understand those facts it will lay bare how absurd you outrage is
    I am sure there were plenty of Republicans to choose from that would give you no immigration. You didn't have to vote for an obvious authoritarian to get that. One that attacks freedom of press by threatening to "look into libel laws", inciting public anger towards journalists at his rallies and continuously bashes them as he tries to delegitimize their reporting. One that threatens freedom of assembly and protest as he incites violence at his rallies by telling his supporters to knock the crap out of protesters, who makes up conspiracy theories that those who protest against him are riled up by the media or payed professional protesters by George Soros. One who threatens to jail political opponents and is in favor of such "law and order" measures as nation-wide stop and frisk. One who seeks to undermine the democratic process by claiming it to be rigged, saying he won't admit defeat (ironically it was "rigged", in his favor, as he lost the popular vote but still won), riles up armed supporters to "watch the polls". One who shows little regard for the security order built by the free world for the last 70 years or the mutual defense among liberal democracies, instead courting authoritarian leaders of corrupt regimes like Vladimir Putin. One who scapegoats whole groups of people, characterizing Mexican immigrants as rapists and murderers and claiming that a judge cannot do his job because "he is Mexican, I want to build a wall, ok?". Thinking that all Muslims deserves to be punished because a tiny minority of them has committed terrorist attacks, when the overwhelming majority is law abiding citizens who serve in the army and pay taxes like everyone else. If you can't spot authoritarianism when you see it, I feel sad for you, and deeply worried for the future of humanity given that almost 25% of eligible voters voted for this guy. Which is so, so, sad when you think about it. Only 50% of eligible voters decided it was worth the trouble to vote. Of those a plurality voted for Clinton. Yet Trump is the winner. Like the Great Leader would have said: Sad!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Have you ever actually been to Europe?
    It's nice here, we feel safe and we are doing great.

https://angrymeditations.files.wordp...1980-20141.jpg
    We aren't really "safe" here. I am safer in my "3rd world" eastern european country, Romania, than in Germany or France of example. Zero terrorist attacks, very few radical muslims here or unregistered immigrants. Even our beggers left for western countries. I wouldn't relocate in any western european country unless I get a cozy office job with a sweet home in a good neighborhood so I would either be at work, home or in my car. Anything under high class in an western european and you are open to crimes being commited against you.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2016-11-17 at 04:33 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    If Congress passes it, things have gone further south than I have thought.
    If Congress even brings it for a vote, that is the beginning of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Your concept of extreme Muslims is one country that has had a western puppet dictator for decades and one country that has had so many drone deaths that i'm surprised that they haven't declared war yet?

great examples of how extreme and violent muslims are....if they only did half the crap of US or Russia (maybe SA at this point) then we can have a discussion.
    Pakistani Muslims ARE extremist even if other Asian Country's standard. And No, U.S. is not droning Pakistan. U.S. is droning Pakistan "controlled" tribal region. Except those tribal regions independent of Pakistani gov't. It is literal no mans land. There is no central Justice, Tribal communities govern themselves without any control from Pakistani gov't. It is the region between Pakistan and Afganistan with no control from either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    95% of mass murderers are men. Clearly we need a national registry of men, and use it to carefully monitor the male population. Men simply can't be trusted with freedom. It's not even bigoted, it's the logical thing to do. If only we lived in a country that put rationality ahead of feelings, and wasn't drowning in political correctness, we'd be able to do something about it.
    How is mass murder different from regular murder?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never quite got why anyone would think a vetting process would work at all. For the small % of bad guys, they're going to take someone willing to murder innocent people, usually along with being willing to sacrifice their own lives in a suicide attack, and they think that they won't lie to the US government on a form??? I have to think the people thinking of implementing this have thought it through and realize how ridiculous that is.

The scary part is that they probably do understand that, and it's really more about that being step 1 towards a registry, little or no limits on domestic spying, and being a lot more active in pulling people in for questioning if they send any incriminating messages or posts, etc. Or that it's more about just making it a lot more difficult to come to the US generally for all Muslims, with a wide swath good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Holy shit how hard is language for people?!
    Check this out:
    Statement: "ALL muslims in group X are violent." Unfair und inaccurate generalisation. Still not racist.
    Statement: "Muslim group X are violent": Generalisation that refers to a statistical comparision of specific group X against the general average in the subject matter of violence. Accurate assesment of facts although generalisation.

There is a BIG difference between the two. So no, not every generalisation is immoral, inaccurate or paints EVERYONE with a broad stroke. Thus deriving an argument for the second kind of generalisation is very resonable, precisely for the reasons YOU stated, a generalisation does not require one to paint every individual belonging to a certain group with a broad stroke as it does not make assumptions about the characteristics of the individual (AT ALL), but of the group.

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rorist_attacks

Islamic terrorism is the world leader in this sad competition, there isnt even an argument to be made here.
    Nope actually what I said is a statement best to explain what that one person ment. Because being Jewish is being a part of the judaeic faith, and cannot be counted as a race. Actually Ku klux klan says hi, Isreal says hi if you count Syria to a certain extent, Some of the Christians in Africa says hi, oh yeah an Myanmar says hi. But meh I can keep going you want. Because what you said l, "There is a BIG difference between the two. So no, not every generalisation is immoral, inaccurate or paints EVERYONE with a broad stroke. Thus deriving an argument for the second kind of generalisation is very resonable, precisely for the reasons YOU stated, a generalisation does not require one to paint every individual belonging to a certain group with a broad stroke as it does not make assumptions about the characteristics of the individual (AT ALL), but of the group." This is being Prejudice by definition dude. So you are a hypocrite by action man. Because the whole group is not like Isis, or Al Qaeda, or the Taliban, hezbollah, and hamas does not speak for the majority when I have seen my fellow Muslims protest at every step of the way against them. So go get out of your republican mind hole that you created.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Muslims are not a race. Are you 12? A religion is a system of beliefs and values, sometimes it is also a political ideology that the individual subscribes to. You can define someone in and out of a belief system or political ideology.
    You can leave a faith (although the sentence for apostacy, again, in islam, is death).
    You cant leave a race/racial group. No, tumblr accounts that selfidentify as "transhispanic" because they feel deeply for the "suffering of the latino population" do not count.

You can be white as snow, as long as you migrate from a country on that list you are subject to the vetting process. People can LIE about their religion, they do it all the time. It makes zero sense to put trust into whatever statement the person being veted gives in that regard.
    They're still a group of people you're apparently suggesting need special targeting beyond the norm, I don't mind everyone being vetted when the immigrate. I mind people being singled out because of their religion, skin color, etc, that's not the way to do it and is only discriminatory in nature. Everyone is capable of evil, so everyone should be on any type of watch list made. So I hate to ask why it's apparently wrong to point out it's wrong to tar any group with the same feather, by using white people as and example. If you want a religion, Protestant, Catholic, doesn't matter all have proven capable of inciting violent acts against others over the years.

Sentence for apostacy in all religions tends to be 'death', heck being of a different religion has been enough to cause deaths. True these days the churches themselves preach it as a spiritual death and torment in hell/s. Also my age isn't part of the discussion, you don't see something the way I do doesn't make you older nor younger than me. I don't find taring any group with the same feather as productive, nor wise, quite ignorant to be precise and has led to bigoted views becoming a rather alarming norm to someone who prefers to judge people on their personal actions and not what group they happen to belong to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Anyone with a 1st grade edumacation knows muslims are not a race of people but members of a particular religion. No, their are many races on this planet. Human beings are a species.
    And anyone with any form of intellect knows that taring a group of people with the same feather isn't the right way of thinking, but if it helps you ignore the point go right ahead. And the viewpoint of whether there are one race or many comes down to subjectivity of whether or not the differences are enough to separate us into separate groups or not. I don't believe it's enough, to my subjective view of the matter, so you don't follow my view, good for you.
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2016-11-17 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN13B05C

So it seems now we are entering the days of a fascist regime. Registering people just based on their faith. Welcome to the land of the free.
    Of all 2015 suicide attacks, exactly 99.55752212389381% of them were done by people of such believes. (source: http://www.timesofisrael.com/450-of-...s-study-shows/ )
    He is just a pro-life, pro-security activist; I applaud him for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Great place if you like terrorist attacks and getting raped.
    Ya know how the whole police brutality thing is blown way out of proportion RE: the US?

The same is true of all the supposed raping and murdering RE: the EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Ya know how the whole police brutality thing is blown way out of proportion RE: the US?

The same is true of all the supposed raping and murdering RE: the EU.
    Not really, since majority of police shoots are ruled as justified, the problematic ones by judges and juries. Kinda pales in comparison with rapes and murders, very few get acquitted or proven to be innocent, not th mention the fact that the action itself: rape, murder is wrong in the first place!

"Had discussed drafting a proposal" is not a confirmation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Are you familiar with the story of Hitler and Jews? It was tried here in Europe, it went very bad.
    But Jews behaved well and always obeyed the laws; they never suicide-bombed, they never flew airplanes to buildings...

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN13B05C

So it seems now we are entering the days of a fascist regime. Registering people just based on their faith. Welcome to the land of the free.
    and whats your plan to find out who is a terrorist or not?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    The true colors of Trump-opposers after election.
    I'm not a big fan of authoritarianism or fascism, which means I oppose Trump. If he tries to oppress others, I will try and stop him. I see no reason to riot in the streets, or burn someone else's shit. The people rioting are idiots. However, the second Trump does try and take away someone's freedoms, then I have a problem. I'm not a big fan of the government putting together lists of possible enemies for future reference. Since I don't want someone taking away my freedoms, I cannot in good conscience allow them to take away the freedoms of someone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    and whats your plan to find out who is a terrorist or not?
    There are solid co-relations between terrorism and certain behaviours.

For instance, 450 out of 452 of terrorist suicide attacks in 2015 were done by by an unnamed system of certain believes.