Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's easy enough to SAY these things. Doing them is an entirely different matter.

It often involves uprooting them, and the longer they've been here, the deeper their roots are. The deeper their roots, the more costly it becomes. Why? Because of man hours and resources spent to uproot them. They have many rights, because even though they're not US citizens, Mexico is our second closest ally. We have a lot of legislation and treaties with Mexico that requires us to treat them certain ways. Mexico has similar agreements with us and our citizens, as do all our allies.

Government is never simple, and it never will be simple no matter who is running it. People can say that we "should JUST do..." things and make the process simple and easy, but it will never be simple and easy, no matter how much you say it can be.

From an insider's perspective, hearing people say "We should JUST do this and it would be so simple" is like hearing a child go "Why can't we run on water? We just have to run fast enough and it'll happen!"
    why should it cost a ton of money to deport them.. if they broke the law and are in jail all those arguments should be invalid

i'm talking about the criminals, illegals that are in jail. ones that committed murders/rape/ whatever violent or inhumane crimes. lets deport those. i dont see what roots they have in the community, they broke the law and they should be speedily deported. Likewise if i lived in Mexico for a year or two illegally and ended up breaking the laws by offing someone or whatever i'd expect deportation at the very least.
    if you trespass into Mexico they will shoot you. how exactly is this a treaty that we have with Mexico? will we shoot Mexicans if they enter the US? no we give them jobs and let them do whatever they want. I fail to see what treaties or agreements we have that allows such a one sided way to exist. Plus with all the corruption in Mexico like the Cartel owning the police/government there is even more reason to keep out violent criminals/drug traffickers

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The expensive part is generally the investigation into immigrant status, point in fact. And dumping people into the middle of the desert doesn't sound remotely inhumane to you?
    again, how hard should it be to investigate their status? run their visas through a computer or whatever, see what year they came in, how long their visa is, are they in jail.. if yes.. check mark deport! if the computer system isn't that sophisticated, upgrade it until it is.

deporting rapists/murderers and violent criminals? no i dont think deporting them is inhumane. I'm not talking about the illegals here on expired visas, i mean the ones that are in jail for a very good reason.
    Last edited by announced; 2016-11-17 at 04:20 AM.

Deleted
    Might be hard to track illegals down, but I guess that's where bounty hunters come in handy.

Democrats have lost their fucking minds if they think it is a winning strategy to protect criminal illegal aliens

I'd guess too that most of them will have only been convicted of minor offenses.
    Im not US, nor a fan of trump, but I fail to see why it makes a difference between minor or major. IF they are there illegally, then I don't blame anyone wanting them out.

Let me make a slight point, if they are there causing trouble illegally, get rid.
    If they are in a control point, peaceful just fleeing from violence, then its a different matter

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I see nothing wrong with deporting illegal violent criminals.

But the thing is will their home countries even take them back.
    Not the USA's problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I see nothing wrong with deporting illegal violent criminals.

But the thing is will their home countries even take them back.
    Well the problem is that
    a.) Not all of the 820,000 will be violent criminals. Many (even most?) will likely have been convicted of minor crimes. It's not right to treat someone who got caught smoking pot one time like they're a violent criminal.
    b.) he says he's deporting 2-3 million. That's an inaccurate number so it calls into question who is actually going to be deported in place of the 2 million nonexistant criminals. It sows fear and uncertainty. People don't know if they'll be targeted by this.
    c.) Criminal aliens should be deported, but treating this as a far bigger problem than it is is fearmongering and demonises wider minority communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    If someones a criminal, then sure - deport them - but here in TX, a lot of work that gets done is from underpaid help, and I for one appreciate them coming here working hard - So a big fuck you (Yes sure, if they can be here legally then well DUH, but some people are just trying to get by!) to anyone trying to stop an honest person from working their ass off to make ends meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Well the problem is that
    a.) Not all of the 820,000 will be violent criminals. Many (even most?) will likely have been convicted of minor crimes. It's not right to treat someone who got caught smoking pot one time like they're a violent criminal.
    b.) he says he's deporting 2-3 million. That's an inaccurate number so it calls into question who is actually going to be deported in place of the 2 million nonexistant criminals. It sows fear and uncertainty. People don't know if they'll be targeted by this.
    c.) Criminal aliens should be deported, but treating this as a far bigger problem than it is is fearmongering and demonises wider minority communities.
    A. Smoking pot has never been classified as a violent crime.

B. If you're here illegally, that means you've committed the crime of entering illegally... This isn't rocket science. It's common sense.

C. You say they're treating it as a bigger problem than it is, so how do you make that determination? How does this demonize minorities that are there legally? How is it fear mongering to say illegals are bad?

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    If someones a criminal, then sure - deport them - but here in TX, a lot of work that gets done is from underpaid help, and I for one appreciate them coming here working hard - So a big fuck you (Yes sure, if they can be here legally then well DUH, but some people are just trying to get by!) to anyone trying to stop an honest person from working their ass off to make ends meet.
    It's literally a criminal act to enter the country illegally. Why do you think they call them illegal aliens...

You're not an honest person if you willfully break the law. That's like saying "as long as his lies don't hurt anyone he's totally an honest person".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    B. If you're here illegally, that means you've committed the crime of entering illegally... This isn't rocket science. It's common sense.
    The large fraction of visa overstays did not enter illegally. And overstaying your visa is not a federal crime, it's a civil violation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The large fraction of visa overstays did not enter illegally. And overstaying your visa is not a federal crime, it's a civil violation.
    Why even bring that up in context of what I just said? I am confused with your line of reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Why even bring that up in context of what I just said? I am confused with your line of reasoning.
    Because it's hard to know on this forum if someone thinks unlawful presence is being here illegally since people confuse the two all the time, so I figured I'd throw that out there just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I think Trump isn't going far enough.

My genealogy goes back 700 years.
    Anyone whose family hasn't been in the US for at least 100-200 years should be deported.
    Starting with Trump?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Didn't you know? The president has a vast selection of buttons in the oval office. One of them is for deporting aliens. All Trump has to do is push it and *poof* there goes a million.

We might lose some greys as well, but that's life I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was the one thing I liked about Trump. Getting all that garbage out of here who aren't contributing anything positive to this country. I hope he is able to weed out every single one of those cockroaches and kick their asses out of here.

Thing is he talked a lot during the campaign so I look forward to see if he can actually carry out those words. He talked the talk but can he walk the walk?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    This was the one thing I liked about Trump. Getting all that garbage out of here who aren't contributing anything positive to this country.
    Oh, the irony.

Deleted
    He is a strong pro-life and pro-security activist; I applaud the US for electing him.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    1. Most of these won't be violent. Most will be for minor things like broken tail lights, DUI, etc.
    2. There's only 800K criminal illegal immigrants of any type. He plans to deport 2-3 million.

That's wrong. There's 820k unauthorized immigrants with criminal convictions, but there are roughly 1.9 million removable criminal aliens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    So a big fuck you (Yes sure, if they can be here legally then well DUH, but some people are just trying to get by!) to anyone trying to stop an honest person from working their ass off to make ends meet.
    I am SO looking forward to Trump kicking out the "honest person from working their ass off to make ends meet". Honest? They are in the country ILLEGALLY!. Kind reminds me of "law abiding undocumented immigrants."

Kick them all out - including the Dreamers and their families.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    good. we should get rid of anyone here illegally.
    You lot have enough empty desert space you could build low cost housing on.
    #boycottchina