Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    Sure the EU could "punish" the UK. But cutting off your nose to spite your face is as dumb as it sounds.
    Its more like choosing to cut of a finger or the whole arm.
    If the sweetheart deal flames the eurosceptics (or more accurately makes the rest of the people think those people aren't insane and full of shit) The EU is going to be torn apart.
    If the alternative if being seen as mean, and fucking the UK over (even suffering some damage itself) - Well that's the better choice for the EU.
    The voices of major continental industry hold just as much clout within the EU as the Junckers and the Verhofstadts - and they have far more money.
    Any deal needs to pass two institutions, the MEP's or the ECJ, either can supper any deal - They will pick what is best for the EU, even if it screws some industries over.
    It won't punish the UK because it would be political and economic idiocy to do so, and would endanger the rest of the European Project.
    The UK will get a Losing deal.
    Everybody will lose - It's a guaranteed lose lose situation.
    We can come back to this thread in two and a bit years and see what actually happened - if the EU is still around.
    It's cute that you think this will be done in two years and a bit.
    And if the EU is around or not, will not depend on the UK whatsoever.
    In fact, Since this ongoing clusterfuck will be the maiden voyage of Art 50, i think this buys the EU at least 2 years of tranquility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    What is this, some internet tough guy act or something? Whats with this? 'Trust me - EU could punish UK very fast'.

What position within the EU do you hold to make such claims.
    Because QMV exists - The UK could be overruled on quite a few issues it cares about tomorrow, it doesn't happen because nobody wants to set those kinds of precedents, but it could.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I get that I'm pretty ignorant and all that but a deal like this would make me piss myself laughing. All those plebs voting brexit for a better deal only to get fucked over further to line Londons pockets some more

No chance. If Frankfurt and its banks can wreck London, they will do that gladly. Damage the financial sector of London and the rest of UK's ecomomy follows easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The A-Team.

LMAO ... nice one Kalis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    He had a referendum and had no plan? Is this a joke or something? That's not how you run a country.

Because the expectations of most everyone, just like with Trump, was it nowhere close to being able to pass. So since it looked clearly a failure, Cameron plus most everyone else had no reason to believe a plan was needed.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    No chance. If Frankfurt and its banks can wreck London, they will do that gladly. Damage the financial sector of London and the rest of UK's ecomomy follows easily.
    Sure sure, I'd imagine any deal would be attempting to limit as much influence London holds on the global financial market as possible. Just the idea of all these cheesed off plebian labourers voting to take control of their country back getting even more shafted in the exit negotiations in favour of protecting London would be kinda ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that I'm pretty ignorant and all that but a deal like this would make me piss myself laughing. All those plebs voting brexit for a better deal only to get fucked over further to line Londons pockets some more
    Just because it lines London pockets, doesn't necessarily mean they will be worse off...unless they work in a manufacturing sector that relies on exports to the EU, then they'll be fucked.

It is going to be swings and roundabouts, there is no scenario where everybody is a winner.

Just because it lines London pockets, doesn't necessarily mean they will be worse off...unless they work in a manufacturing sector that relies on exports to the EU, then they'll be fucked.

It is going to be swings and roundabouts, there is no scenario where everybody is a winner.
    No I kinda meant specifically those that worked in manufacturing/exports. Like the steel industry (right?). Or just generally those that voted as an anti-establishment gesture' or a drive to retain sovereignty (sp?). Whatever happens we're all kinda Londons bitch lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I kinda meant specifically those that worked in manufacturing/exports. Like the steel industry (right?). Or just generally those that voted as an anti-establishment gesture' or a drive to retain sovereignty (sp?). Whatever happens we're all kinda Londons bitch lol
    Of course you are London's bitch.

You know you love it.

Deleted

No, I'm pretty sure that the ones feeling the pain of brexit wont be Tory voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure that the ones feeling the pain of brexit wont be Tory voters.
    We don't feel pain.

It is an immunity that comes from years of eating the babies of the hoi polloi.