Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The introduction of Time Warp had nothing to do with Dampen or amp. Magic, it solely happened because every raid had to bring at least one Shaman for Bloodlust.

My suggestion still stands in that regard, make Time Warp Arcane only, you'd still have the option of bringing a BM Hunter, an Arcane or a Shaman, if everything else fails: Drums also exist.
    Mages getting bloodlust has everything to do with Mage favoritism though. I agree that someone other than Shamans needed Bloodlust but mages and hunters were not the appropriate classes to get it. I would have given it to DPS Warriors personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Mages getting bloodlust has everything to do with Mage favoritism though.
    Didn't say anything about whether it's justified that Mages got it.

But it has nothing to do with compensating Amp. Magic / damp Magic, those buffs were extremely situational anyway and mainly saw use on purely physical boss fights, which aren't exactly common anymore.

I agree that someone other than Shamans needed Bloodlust but mages and hunters were not the appropriate classes to get it. I would have given it to DPS Warriors personally.
    Idk, BM only seems fine to me.

Of course an Elemental might say, pls not mage, Enhance will say, pls not warrior.

Lust is only BM only because marksmanship is tunneled into Lone Wolf. Nether Rays have bloodlust without being an exotic pet (though IIRC that's a more recent change and it was just corehounds in Cata?).

Also, I am an Enhancement Shaman. Warriors don't have the kind of flagrant mechanic-breaking utility that mages and hunters have so I'm a bit more comfortable with them getting bloodlust.

How would you play with 3 charges of Lava Burst?
    Constant LvB, LB, LvB, LB etc to maintain the crit buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    How would you play with 3 charges of Lava Burst?
    Constant LvB, LB, LvB, LB etc to maintain the crit buff?
    I'm not seeing the appeal of being able to have 3 charges, since in most cases you're only going to use them as soon as the proc lights up anyhow. Is the idea that lightning then truly becomes nothing but a filler on ST?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post

Lets change our talents instead, buff those across the board.
    Preach on!! Would love to see it. So many of our talents are underwhelming.

Lust is only BM only because marksmanship is tunneled into Lone Wolf. Nether Rays have bloodlust without being an exotic pet (though IIRC that's a more recent change and it was just corehounds in Cata?).
    Just looked it up, yeah Netherray is available to all hunters, seems a strange change because any Hunter will obviously only use Netherrays if you play with a pet.

BM was special due exotic pets having a special ability previously, like some AoE or whatever.

Also, I am an Enhancement Shaman. Warriors don't have the kind of flagrant mechanic-breaking utility that mages and hunters have so I'm a bit more comfortable with them getting bloodlust.
    I don't really see the difference there to be honest, because Mages and Hunters aren't fighting over the same spots as Enhance and Warrior.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-11-17 at 10:19 PM.

Mages getting bloodlust has everything to do with Mage favoritism though. I agree that someone other than Shamans needed Bloodlust but mages and hunters were not the appropriate classes to get it. I would have given it to DPS Warriors personally.
    How would it thematically have made sense on warriors? Mages can technically bend time. I agree with hunters not getting it but it makes sense on a mage from a "fantasy/thematic" reason.

Because warrior empower your will to fight ? Battlecry and all, would have make a pretty good "excuse" to have a bloodlust.
    Not many mages actually bend time in wow so idk how it make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    Not many mages actually bend time in wow so idk how it make sense.
    They expanded on this theme since Time Warps introduction.

Temporal Shield is a sort of time spell as well as Alter time used to be one, the Timewalker organization also has Mages that focus on Chronomancy - time magic.

Random offtopic: Best thing about the 7.1.5 notes? MMO-C Mage forum.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

Is this right? Elemental just as good as enhancement?

Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

Is this right? Elemental just as good as enhancement?
    Are these using the PTR numbers? They certainly can't be using live numbers with S2M Priests clocking in at 96k. If it's PTR I'm pretty sure there are a number of major errors with the way they're simming Enhancement, starting off with the use of Crashing Storm over FoA.

Are these using the PTR numbers? They certainly can't be using live numbers with S2M Priests clocking in at 96k. If it's PTR I'm pretty sure there are a number of major errors with the way they're simming Enhancement, starting off with the use of Crashing Storm over FoA.
    Says it's for 7.1 live at the top so I guess it is

The appeal is for our leg belt. We get 100% uptime on the dot which is a my #2 damage dealer on ptr now. Around 12-13% of my damage every dps test

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Says it's for 7.1 live at the top so I guess it is
    *Facepalm*

Deleted
    please some1 tell me we dont rely on specific Legendaries to perform good

I'm not gonna say it then.
    But we do.

That's extremely good news because my first legendary I got was the shoulders and the second one is the belt. I was hoping for the boots forever and I still am, but the shoulders and belt combo is going to be hard to beat with these new changes.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliicElemental View Post
    That's extremely good news because my first legendary I got was the shoulders and the second one is the belt. I was hoping for the boots forever and I still am, but the shoulders and belt combo is going to be hard to beat with these new changes.
    Yeah i'm sure thats good news for you but not good news for a class and for the direction of a game if a spec relies on legendarys to perform...

And here I am dpsing with Prydaz and Sephuz. *Cries*