Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Dray, I tried to explain it best before when I suggested making a "Helpless lifelike doll" with the text "Because the real thing would be rape".

Again you have a subject matter that is horrific, and an item that can be used to express their impulses on at the risk of not harming anyone.

Then it comes with a snappy little punchline in the flavour text, and you create a toy. An item that's meant to be silly.

A silly item about a very real issue.

Fair enough if you feel desensitised to violence in game that the source doesn't matter greatly, but I can only explain my point of view as to say that this topic isn't something you address in a toy item.

I'm not saying don't address the subject in the game, but there's far more tasteful ways of doing it.
    the issue is wow, YOU preform murder on a common basis
    but do you preform rape on a common basis? no
    you talk about "jokes that match the audience"
    this is world of WARcraft
    not world of RAPEcraft
    so a joke about stabbing someone is much easier to swallow then a joke about rape

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    No one is holding Blizzard responsible for their feelings. I get what you're saying, but many posters on the two forums are more disappointed than offended. You can be disappointed and still post.

I doubt they'll remove it, but they might change its name to Ex-Lover. Humor is nice, what's not nice is the one-sidedness on their part. Let's not forget the class and faction favoritisms they've held over years.

edit: Double standards are sexism. Doesn't matter if you get offended by the word or it triggers PTSD of bad PC crowds.
    again, having it be Ex-lover wont fix the issue, as the mod in this thread has said, the issue is not the gender, its that it makes light of domestic abuse... when i say, and comedy says, it isnt
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    As you yourself pointed out, rape is an often repeated plot device in Warcraft lore.

But you missed the point, neither are subject matters that should be addressed by a toy.

7+ Year Old Account
    As you yourself pointed out, rape is an often repeated plot device in Warcraft lore.

But you missed the point, neither are subject matters that should be addressed by a toy.
    yes it is
    but what do we DO in world of warcraft?
    murder
    murder
    murder
    and murder
    so a toy about murder
    is pretty in place
    your countering your own argument now, your saying that it is fine to add a item about rape cause the lore has rape in it
    so why not the same with a item about domestic abuse?
    your example shows exactly why this item works with yours not working

cause we do do domestic abuse in game
    we do murder
    we dont rape

lore wise al lthat happens, but we dont

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    then a joke about rape

again, having it be Ex-lover wont fix the issue, as the mod in this thread has said, the issue is not the gender, its that it makes light of domestic abuse... when i say, and comedy says, it isnt
    You've made it clear that you don't want anything fixed. Not even a middle-ground because reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    No one is holding Blizzard responsible for their feelings. I get what you're saying, but many posters on the two forums are more disappointed than offended. You can be disappointed and still post.

I doubt they'll remove it, but they might change its name to Ex-Lover. Humor is nice, what's not nice is the one-sidedness on their part. Let's not forget the class and faction favoritisms they've held over years.

edit: Double standards are sexism. Doesn't matter if you get offended by the word or it triggers PTSD of bad PC crowds.
    And I think it's seeing something that might not even be there. People are going over the top to over-interpret game designers' intentions.

As I've said before, I personally see this dummy making more fun of women than men.

the issue is wow, YOU preform murder on a common basis
    but do you preform rape on a common basis? no
    you talk about "jokes that match the audience"
    this is world of WARcraft
    not world of RAPEcraft
    so a joke about stabbing someone is much easier to swallow then a joke about rape
    You do realize in WoW lore there is rape and in real war there is rape as well??? Northern Goblin's example stands. If you are ok with this then you are ok with a "Helpless lifelike doll" with the text "Because the real thing would be rape" toy as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    You've made it clear that you don't want anything fixed. Not even a middle-ground because reasons.
    i dont know if you can read
    i wanti t to be ex-lover
    i think it would be better if it was neutral gendered
    but the people who are really angry like northern goblin
    arnt angry cause its male
    they are angry because it exists

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Are you buttgate hypocrites still complaining about this?
    Weirdly enough most people mentioning that (at least from what I've seen and I read only 3/4 of the thread) aren't against this item per se but against Blizzard's hypocrisy. Which doesn't make them hypocrites. Pretty sure it's been already pointed out to you by other people earlier in the thread though, so this post is exercise in futility on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You do realize in WoW lore there is rape and in real war there is rape as well??? Northern Goblin's example stands. If you are ok with this then you are ok with a "Helpless lifelike doll" with the text "Because the real thing would be rape" toy as well.
    yes? so yeah sure add it, change it abit
    "testing doll"
    "because the real thing would get you arrested" is more along the line of the joke and would be funny
    but the issue is you cant say "dont add this item Cause its bad" well saying "who cares about the lore" then your example be "add this item, cause it fits in the lore"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Weirdly enough most people mentioning that (at least from what I've seen and I read only 3/4 of the thread) aren't against this item per se but against Blizzard's hypocrisy. Which doesn't make them hypocrites. Pretty sure it's been already pointed out to you by other people earlier in the thread though, so this post is exercise in futility on my part.
    you mean as it should be gender neutral? i think it should be, but as seen about by the mod, their issue isnt the gender, its that it makes light of domestic abuse, making it gender neutral wouldent fix that issue

my god ppl get triggered over everything these days
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

yes? so yeah sure add it, change it abit
    "testing doll"
    "because the real thing would get you arrested" is more along the line of the joke and would be funny
    but the issue is you cant say "dont add this item Cause its bad" well saying "who cares about the lore" then your example be "add this item, cause it fits in the lore"
    Also why not add a "Cotton Picker" toy that reads "Because you can't buy the (N***) black guys anymore".

The point is within WoW these jokes don't fit and shouldn't be there. There is a reason the darker side of WoW is in the books and not the game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also why not add a "Cotton Picker" toy that reads "Because you can't buy the (N***) black guys anymore".

The point is within WoW these jokes don't fit and shouldn't be there.
    because there is no such thing in wow?
    there is a few racist jokes in wow towards undead, orcs, elves.. like... everything? the game is full of racism, but if they wanted to make one they would change it like the dummy
    it doesent say "boyfreind training dummy, use it to practice domestic abuse against your helpless boyfreind well you stab them to death"

idk if you know... but people like to punch punching bags or pillows, or throw darts at pictures of people they dont like
    they would never hurt that person
    but it allows them to release that anger legally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    No it is hypocritical. You can't be against PC and then get mad when a double standard is present. Who the hell cares? If someone is so anti-PC then nothing should phase them. But of course the outrage was never about political correctness and free speech it was angry man children having a tantrum over their video game butts.

well a game advising beating your ex gf.... not great
    yea because beating your ex-boyfriend is so much better .... hell any ex ... whatever you're into lol

I'm not offended at all, I think it's funny to be honest but considering its only on the PTR and they are already getting really bad press, I don't think it's going to make it to live.

because there is no such thing in wow?
    You realize there is wool cotton in WoW right?

My point is jokes like this don't belong in WoW because they don't fit. I am all for a funny shooting or dead baby joke. They don't fit in WoW and shouldn't be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    No it is hypocritical. You can't be against PC and then get mad when a double standard is present. Who the hell cares? If someone is so anti-PC then nothing should phase them. But of course the outrage was never about political correctness and free speech it was angry man children having a tantrum over their video game butts.
    So you can't frown at any double-standard?

Guess you've actually listened to the phrase "take it like a man" and "deal with it", because it works all the time lol. That bs isn't going to stop anyone in the slightest.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-11-18 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dray, I tried to explain it best before when I suggested making a "Helpless lifelike doll" with the text "Because the real thing would be rape".
    That would be something else entirely, an easy to deconstruct alternative to the actual topic of discussion, there's a term for that if I could just remember it...

Fair enough if you feel desensitised to violence in game that the source doesn't matter greatly, but I can only explain my point of view as to say that this topic isn't something you address in a toy item.
    I never claimed to be desensitized to violence, but if you want to argue against claims I never made, gosh, there's a word for that...

If you have a point, make it. Because you're comparing apples to oranges, and making a few strawman arguments to boot.
    Ah, there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    yea because beating your ex-boyfriend is so much better .... hell any ex ... whatever you're into lol

I'm not offended at all, I think it's funny to be honest but considering its only on the PTR and they are already getting really bad press, I don't think it's going to make it to live.
    Ya there is no chance of it going live. I don't care ether way but I do understand those who don't like it and why it shouldn't be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can't frown at any double-standard?

Guess you've been told that you should "take it like a man" and "deal with it", because it works all the time lol
    I never claimed to be "anti-PC" like a lot of the people in here claim to be when it comes to things they don't want changed. There's a whole lot of "you should respect our concerns" going around here yet the same respect wasn't given when a complaint is brought up by a woman over something they find offensive.

To make the bold claim of being "anti-PC" means not giving a single damn about any controversial topic whatsoever because everyone should be able to freely express themselves. If you speak out against it it's automatically "censoring".

7+ Year Old Account
    You realize there is wool cotton in WoW right?

My point is jokes like this don't belong in WoW because they don't fit. I am all for a funny shooting or dead baby joke. They don't fit in WoW and shouldn't be there.
    there is no "n***"ers

and yeah there is kiling babies in the game