Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Rather not have legendaries at all than go back to MoP/WoD system.
    This is also acceptable.

Idk, maybe the fact that this discussion is being had every hour means that Legendary system did the trick this expansion. In MoP/WoD it was just a sad, slow march to get a boring item (especially in WoD), which made nobody excited in any way. You knew you'll get it eventually, you could count the gizmos needed for next stage and pretty much tell when exactly this "Legendary item" will present itself to you.

However, in Legion the system is total and utter clusterfuck and bullshit. You get the most powerful items by clicking on squirrels, while a guy that spends hours a day doing hardest of contents might have none. You can get Legendary (LEGENDARY) items that just piss you off, since they are worse than what you are using. Hell, to keep the legendaries a "thing", they are actually artificially increasing their iLvl. Just like that.

What did Legendaries do in the past? They made people jealous, they made them strive for doing harder content so they could at least have a chance to see them drop. They made new players get into the game, hearing their friends talking about Sulfuras or Warglaives in amazement. They made the whole playerbase more passionate about the game when one would show up. And you know - the current system does the same thing. In a totally bullshit way, making Legendary items en masse from cardboard and just painting they orange. But it sure does.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I mean I can see that happening when someone is applying to a Mythic Guild. But otherwise I don't get what your saying. I've seen people in 880 gear due awful dmg just because they suck period.
    Of course. An item won't make you a better players but if I hade to pick one of two players, both just as good but one with two really good legendaries, I'd pick the one with the best gear. This is nothing new but it used to be that you could work for you gear and get better. With the legendaries, you can't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Who are all these people who "can't" conquer content because they don't have legendaries? I'd really like to see some metrics based on how many mythic raiders were barred from guilds/kills because they didn't "get lucky". Because personally, I think it's a myth, a unicorn conjured up by people with nothing better to do than blame pixels for "Why I wasn't accepted".
    Oh I'm sure guilds love players that underperform. Showing your new guild logs where you're 10%-20% behind must work wonders.
    I'm lucky enough to not be in a situation like this but many people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but in MoP you could only get 1 of each kind of cloak. So if you got the Tanking one, you were almost better off not even bothering with a DPS off spec.
    Wrong! (you asked for it). You simply went to the prince's sidekick vendor and bought the other ones and the item to upgrade the epic cloaks to legendary. All my max-level toons had theirs for all their specs (all 4 on my druid).

The legendary system in MoP was partly broken though. But that was not the item rarity's fault. That is because the designers made all endgame items purple and left no room for an item to stand out other than legendary (plus a lot of players had complained that the legendaries were for high-end raiders only).

Personally I prefer the vanilla system. Rare drops from raid bosses that start a quest you can only complete with help from a raiding guild. Getting sufficient ingots and cores for sulfuras was not trivial. Nor was getting TWO legendary drops from MC and a bunch of ores from BWL (well, unless you could get access to a raidID with vael dead and farm trash with a small group) and even then you still needed 100 arcanite bars.
    Not to mention Ateish. The reward for beating Naxx40 good was an item given to a single consistent raid member. One that allowed you a unique portal to next expansions first raid instance. That is mythic legendary. Many years ago, so cannot remember names, but people talked about which named raiders might be getting one. Most players never saw one not on a screenshot or video.

In Legion I got a legendary on my druid without setting foot in anything but LFR and less than 10 heroics (no normal+ raids, no mythics). It is a fine class flavor-item, but it is hardly legendary...

With the more rapid raid tiers and the more fierce competition of the world's first race, the oldschool model probably wont fly anyone. But they should still not go all the way over to the other ditch and give the items to everyone.
    It worked fine in WotLK to have upgradable rings in ICC that had the plain vanilla purple color. And if they want to make the copy from Diablo complete, they should make set items green to make those special too

Quote Originally Posted by aziras View Post
    Wrong! (you asked for it). You simply went to the prince's sidekick vendor and bought the other ones and the item to upgrade the epic cloaks to legendary. All my max-level toons had theirs for all their specs (all 4 on my druid).

The legendary system in MoP was partly broken though. But that was not the item rarity's fault. That is because the designers made all endgame items purple and left no room for an item to stand out other than legendary (plus a lot of players had complained that the legendaries were for high-end raiders only).

Personally I prefer the vanilla system. Rare drops from raid bosses that start a quest you can only complete with help from a raiding guild. Getting sufficient ingots and cores for sulfuras was not trivial. Nor was getting TWO legendary drops from MC and a bunch of ores from BWL (well, unless you could get access to a raidID with vael dead and farm trash with a small group) and even then you still needed 100 arcanite bars.
    Not to mention Ateish. The reward for beating Naxx40 good was an item given to a single consistent raid member. One that allowed you a unique portal to next expansions first raid instance. That is mythic legendary. Many years ago, so cannot remember names, but people talked about which named raiders might be getting one. Most players never saw one not on a screenshot or video.

In Legion I got a legendary on my druid without setting foot in anything but LFR and less than 10 heroics (no normal+ raids, no mythics). It is a fine class flavor-item, but it is hardly legendary...

With the more rapid raid tiers and the more fierce competition of the world's first race, the oldschool model probably wont fly anyone. But they should still not go all the way over to the other ditch and give the items to everyone.
    It worked fine in WotLK to have upgradable rings in ICC that had the plain vanilla purple color. And if they want to make the copy from Diablo complete, they should make set items green to make those special too
    Problem with the Vanilla system on wards to Cata was an entire guild would funnel resources into one player. Literally everyone in my guild that got the Shadowmourne would just leave for a better guild. Also with attunements gone in further expansions players could just pay guilds to gather resources or due parts of a quest. TBC legendaries only came off the hardest bosses which required attunements, and even without them probably couldn't risk a carry, with tweeks to the RNG it may have been the best system.

Blizz could also someone how consider making Legionaries bind to the guild with older systems.

Deleted
    I think both systems sucks major ass. I'd prefer no legendaries over any of the 3 you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    the way its now, and also being capped at 4?
    It is not capped at 4. Stop spreading misinformation.

even if i wouldn't get any legendary in legion i thinks this system is FAR better than previous ones

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again; Almost nobody but serious raiders are complaining about this. Nearly everyone else is either content, or doesn't care.
    You can repeat it a billion times and it will still be nothing but an unsubstantiated claim.

You've chosen the be a part of the competitive scene, so you have to accept all the ups and downs that brings.
    You don't "have to accept" anything. You're in no position to tell people they cannot voice their opinions over a product they pay for (or anything else for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    And you know - the current system does the same thing. In a totally bullshit way
    Don't think I remember picking up the warglaives and telling myself what a piece of worthless crap I just go from content you could probably teach an ape to handle.

I agree, I find things much more interesting in legion, both in terms of the legendary effects, as well as how you obtain them. I prefer the ups and downs of this system.

As a semi-casual raid, its true that I'm not competing for a spot on the mythic raid team, but my guild cleared Heroic EN well enough without caring about who had what legendaries. I know that's not enough for some people, but I'm sure there are plenty others with play styles like mine.

While I understand that the legendary system can mean more dps discrepancies, I think people leave out far too often the benefits of the utility based ones when comparing them.
    Patch changes quote from: Tigole
    --Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered.