Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My dirty wish for ptr is to make mirror images fucking baseline. I dont care about the damage component, I loved the -threat utility of the spells in all manner of situations.

They can, if necessary, add a kickass damage component to keep the current talent but with a dps flavour alternative (that nobody will take over rop, but i digresss....) . But just give us mirror images as baseline ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Fire mages are not good on Guarm Mythic because it's single target dps check and Fire mage sucks on single target compared to other classes.

Fixed that for both of you
    GJ stating the obvious......

I believe the only thing you did fix, was a sign onto your head that says "Tit"

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Because for the past couple of months most mythic Fire mages have sunk every point of AP they had into Fire. They have rolled legendary items that lock you into a spec, and the rest of the gear isnt really suitable for the other specs. As the mythic race dies down you will see more Frost and Arcane mages being represented as the AP grind wont be as hard due to AK levels and much of the content being on farm. Don't be surprised if Fire representation drops considerably for Night Hold.
    My point is if that Fire really sucked that much dick on ST they would have been sat more for better classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    My point is if that Fire really sucked that much dick on ST they would have been sat more for better classes.
    It's just a matter of whether or not a guild has other classes to bring in that are geared enough (many of them don't), there's like 6-7 different classes/specs that are all be able to crush Fire Mages on ST.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2016-11-17 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    It's just a matter of whether or not a guild has other classes to bring in that are geared enough (many of them don't), there's like 6-7 different classes/specs that are all be able to crush Fire Mages on ST.
    May be true in one of the world top guilds, but in something like world 1500+ guilds it's "bring the player, not the class/spec".

please make RoP baseline or less mandatory, it's no fun to use at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    please make RoP baseline or less mandatory, it's no fun to use at all.
    baseline abilities are what our core spells are tuned around. In the case of RoP this makes it required to be in our rotation to maximize dps. If you think its not fun to use you certainly wont want it to be baseline.

My biggest gripe with these changes is giving ice floes to frost only. So even if fire somehow doesn't become a complete wreck, it's still going to be aids without ice floes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    My biggest gripe with these changes is giving ice floes to frost only. So even if fire somehow doesn't become a complete wreck, it's still going to be aids without ice floes.
    Yet what makes ice floes so necessary? Is it for those Mages who have the bracers and wish to move while hardcasting that pyro or is it something else?

The clear problem, if you ignore the bracers, is that we Mages have a spell that we can cast on the move and which allows us to maintain our rotation while doing so. That spell is scorch.

We have to be honest, is our initial reaction to the removal of Ice Floes just knee-jerk? If they buffed the damage of scorch a bit as compensation, would it be truly so terrible to lose Ice Floes?

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Yet what makes ice floes so necessary? Is it for those Mages who have the bracers and wish to move while hardcasting that pyro or is it something else?

The clear problem, if you ignore the bracers, is that we Mages have a spell that we can cast on the move and which allows us to maintain our rotation while doing so. That spell is scorch.

We have to be honest, is our initial reaction to the removal of Ice Floes just knee-jerk? If they buffed the damage of scorch a bit as compensation, would it be truly so terrible to lose Ice Floes?
    They can remove IF for all I care. Give us 3 charges of cast-while-moving Fballs instead! Not that that's ever going to happen.

To make Scorch worthwhile they have to buff the damage to do at least Fball damage when it crits, it has to benefit from Enh Pyro AND it has to proc kindling.

Aye, also never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    They can remove IF for all I care. Give us 3 charges of cast-while-moving Fballs instead! Not that that's ever going to happen.

To make Scorch worthwhile they have to buff the damage to do at least Fball damage when it crits, it has to benefit from Enh Pyro AND it has to proc kindling.

Aye, also never going to happen.
    You never know, scorch might get some quality of life changes as part of this rebalancing. We have to see what their true intent for Fire Mages is.

Speaking of which, in one of the whine threads about how much attention Mages are getting (from Warlocks who got multiple posts in early September and even a good chunk of a Q and A dedicated to them) someone mentioned that the devs were talking in the Mage discord channel.

Is there any record anywhere of what they said?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    snip
    Btw, frost armor (8% haste buff and slows enemies on each attack ) has been removed like I suspected after reading that new ice barrier effect of slowing everyone while its up.

God after thinking about it the new frost spec for PvE is gonna be boring as fuck. The cool thing was how to optimize your FoF generators, while using stuff like ray of frost and chain reaction. Now it's probably gonna be a press proc press kind of play which is boring.

PvP is shit, nice class fantasy btw. We're a mobile caster, we got double blink or blink and casting while moving. Just great.

God the salt is so real I really want to post on US forums but I can't be bothered to create a US account just for the sake of posting where blizzard is gonna ignore all the feedback anyways like they've been doing with black ice for frost pvp for a long time.
    Last edited by Rascal Bob; 2016-11-18 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

Scorch is so bad it shouldn't be used if you have ice floes charges, even if it's a faster cast. But you are assuming scorch will be buffed. I would have thought too, until I saw the changes to the waist legendary. A scorch buff + the ptr waist legendary will be like live bracers all over again and will be nerfed like what's happening now. We would be on par with warrior execute, which they clearly don't want anyone to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scorch is so bad it shouldn't be used if you have ice floes charges, even if it's a faster cast. But you are assuming scorch will be buffed. I would have thought too, until I saw the changes to the waist legendary. A scorch buff + the ptr waist legendary will be like live bracers all over again and will be nerfed like what's happening now. We would be on par with warrior execute, which they clearly don't want anyone to be.
    Ok then wouldn't a toning down of the legendary be in order if scorch baseline is improved? End result would be the same, we would still do the same damage per cast.

It's an elegant solution that lets scorch actually be used. And with the new scorch talent that increases our speed...scorch could be some crazy fun.

which they clearly don't want anyone to be.
    Look at rogue assass bracers

With that said i hope they buff scorch so my belt will be bis come 7.1.5
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldlike to understand why the Blizzard team goes after the legendary bracers so hard when other legendarys for other specs/classes are so much more powerful. If they base themselves of the fringe cases where mages got crazy luck and got 50 buffed criting pyros in one fight that's moronic to say the least; on average I see procs go to waste all the time, or not proc at all, or proc when no runes are available, and it barely makes me catch up to the enhanc / MM dps in my raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    I wouldlike to understand why the Blizzard team goes after the legendary bracers so hard when other legendarys for other specs/classes are so much more powerful. If they base themselves of the fringe cases where mages got crazy luck and got 50 buffed criting pyros in one fight that's moronic to say the least; on average I see procs go to waste all the time, or not proc at all, or proc when no runes are available, and it barely makes me catch up to the enhanc / MM dps in my raid.
    Crit % appear to go down with boss health, ursoc at 10%, 20 sec to berserk and you can go up to 4 stacks of EP without getting a damned Hs
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

The new frozen touch on ptr, is it flat addition or multiplication?

Deleted
    Multiplicative.

Deleted
    well you can be damn sure it isnt additive or you would triple your chance to get FoF procs, it should give you something in the neighborhood of +5-10%to proc FoF.