Poll: Does he die?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really hope that Sargeras dies. Ive been losing interest in WoW with the only thing keeping me playing is killing that MoFo.

We won't even see him! this expansion.

They showed the Avatar of Sargeras, if he is a boss or related to a raid fight it would be silly to just turn around and have us kill him again in some other form after that. He could show up in a video about the inevitable new story direction. He is also not small enough to battle directly.

He may not know that Azeroth is dead? Or he knows and has other plans because of the infestation of Her. That's if you believe what Dave said, and also listen to podcast The Instance Lore ep2 where he talked with Dave about that. It could be that it's not the Old Gods who are in her dead heart.
    Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2016-11-17 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    We won't even see him! this expansion.

They showed the Avatar of Sargeras, if he is a boss or related to a raid fight it would be silly to just turn around and have us kill him again in some other form after that. He could show up in a video about the inevitable new story direction. He is also not small enough to battle directly.

He may not know that Azeroth is dead? Or he knows and has other plans because of the infestation of Her. That's if you believe what Dave said, and also listen to podcast The Instance Lore ep2 where he talked with Dave about that. It could be that it's not the Old Gods who are in her heart.
    Azeroth is definitely not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Azeroth is definitely not dead.
    What Dev said that?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...onicles_story/

Read the next post..
    Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2016-11-17 at 09:37 PM.

anyone who thinks we are going to 1 vs (insert random number of raiders) sargeras are as stupid as the people who thought we were gonna 1 vs 25/10 deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    There's two ways 7.3's gonna go given the finality in how our attack on Argus is being phrased. Either we kill Sargeras once and for all by using our Artifact weapons and expending their power, or we end up convincing him of the error of his ways like we did Algalon and the Burning Legion joins the Alliance and Horde in a new war against the Void Gods, starting with their remaining agents on Azeroth (namely, Azshara and N'zoth).
    Or, number three, we won't see Sargeras at all.

I vote for number 3.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting point for those that havent played a demon hunter (artifact knowledge apx 14-15 ish). The tank weapon research book tells you the tale of Sargeras being big yes but actually appearing on the battlefield to challenge the owner of the DH tank weapons.

So, he CAN be fought by us on Argus. If that will happen or not is a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Guys. Kil'jaeden is the final boss in Tomb of Sargeras. You think they'd close the expansion with anything less than the second-to-last patch?
    The Lich King was nowhere near Yogg-Saron in terms of power. So, yeah.

Considering that in an interview they said; "We'll come to more than just a tempoary peace against the burning legion on Argus." Well this basically makes me sure if not confident that he's either going down or we dismantle the burning legion.

What everyone seems to forget is that we have powerful artifacts. and as I seem to recall, a wooden axe enchanted by a mere demigod was enough to "damage" sargeras himself (Yes im looking at you broxigar) Considering we have 25 of those artifacts at our disposal now, I think its pretty safe that we're capable of damaging him, on top of that if we save our titanic pillars we could prehaps call upon the titanic watchers and have THEM wear it and tank sargeras for us.

Killing sargeras now is not such a stupid though Imo, from a sense perspective its certainly possible, from a storyline perspective I don't think its good, but then again I also stopped cared about WoW lore since it's all time low in Legion. It just seems rather lame that the one man who is responsible for Warcraft 1, 2, 3 and World of warcraft is just suddenly popping up to die, though as they said Argus won't be an expansion, we'll kill him.

What I personally think would be awesome is if we gave all ours powers, artifacts and titan pillars to revive and Empower Lei shen alongside his original height of power then he fights Sargeras.

Replace Xuen with Sargeras, The mogu with us and the Pandaren with demons, that'd make for an epic battle
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2016-11-17 at 09:53 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

even having him be harmed by us is a stretch.

i voted no, but i maybe voted wrongly. because i don't personally believe we should ever, EVER, be more than dust to titans. but i could see blizzard pulling that crap.

so maybe he will get damaged by us. it's nauseating to think of that, but oh well.

7+ Year Old Account
    What Dev said that?

Read the next post..
    Edit:Wow, this blew up! I was just adding some color to the chronicle, not adding any lore with that comment. It's a reddit post, not canon. The Chronicle is meant to be interpreted and enjoyed as you will!
    reading is hard?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Without its master's command, the restless LEGION will become an even greater threat to this world. Control must be maintained. There must always be...a SARGERAS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Or, number three, we won't see Sargeras at all.

I vote for number 3.
    If we're dealing a final blow that completely removes the Legion as a threat once and for all, that has to involve killing Sargeras and not just his broken Avatar, or he can go back to the drawing board and bring them back as a threat again. Or it has to involve convincing him we stand a real chance against the Void Gods which also removes the Legion as a threat given its primary objective is essentially cosmic suicide to deny the Void Gods their goal of corrupting the last Titan.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    reading is hard?
    Dave is standing behind what he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Please remember that there is an in built bias among people who visit this particular forum. Many don't want the big bad to die because, well, he's the big bad. It's the same reason people didn't want to kill Illidan at the end of TBC or Arthas at the end of WOTLK. They want the villain to escape or come back later with an even more dastardly plan. Yet each time, we do kill them and the story moves on.

It's the same as Sargeras. At the moment, the narrative is pointing towards us killing him at the end of the Legion expansion. The reason I think the 'we won't kill him' score is so high is that same tendency, the desire that he wont die because it means his story is over. That strikes me as somewhat wishful thinking, especially when it's beginning to feel 'RIGHT' that this is, finally, his time to go.
    I have no problem with the big bad dying but it has to make sense. You cant build someone up for over a decade as the closest thing the wow universe has to God powerwise and then say that 'Irdruid' and his 14-39 closest friends, collected together some mighty fine weaponry over the space of a few months, popped into raid finder and flew to another planet and punched him really hard till he died. If Sargeras gets killed, I think it will be Azeroth or some other cosmic entity to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Only people who aren't paying attention think he won't die in Legion.
    Care to enlighten those of us that apparently aren't paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I believe we will take the fight to Sargeras in some sense, but I don't think we will kill him or even defeat him. My working theory is that Sargeras is going to be redeemed in a sense, and he will sacrifice himself to return the Pantheon (or anoint the remaining Titanforged Keepers as a new version) to life.
    I feel like redemption is the most likely outcome of an encounter with Sargeras, though I don't want it to be. I feel like redemption just weakens him as a character:

"You mean destroying world after world and committing genocide on a galactic scale is not the right to do?! I have been doing that for millennia though! You mean I could have just asked all of those worlds to join in my fight against the Void Lords? Doh!"

Its kind of a dumb turn of events, his own family, the rest of the pantheon could not convince him and if we manage it, its just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Going from Sargeras to anything else really seems like going from killing Galactus to fighting thugs in the streets of downtown Manhattan. Why would anybody dare challenge us after we've slain Sargeras?
    I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I think that Sargeras could be killed by a naaru and Elune, and possibly with the help of a shower inside the Pantheon Keepers. But I put on Elune, but she is now strong enough for this (the more light that causes more harm to the demons).
    Sargera's could possibly be beaten by Elune and the Naaru combined, but there is a problem with this theory. Elune rarely intervenes in anything, and never on the scale of a titan battle and as for the Naaru, what have they ever done? When Maiev met A'dal, she believed he had the power to destroy mountains and cities, but in BC A'dal sat in shattrath chiming away peacefully while we laid siege to the black temple. M'uru couldn't/wouldn't stop the blood elves draining him. O'ros went down to a happy slap from Velen's estranged son. The Naaru are either much weaker than everybody thinks or pacifists to the point that they wont defend themselves let alone the rest of us. K'ara annihilated the Iron horde fleet, but that was after being purified and brought back into the light, so maybe a special case.

What Dev said that?

Read the next post..
    Yeah, he also refers to Azeroth as a he...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikarun View Post
    I have no problem with the big bad dying but it has to make sense. You cant build someone up for over a decade as the closest thing the wow universe has to God powerwise and then say that 'Irdruid' and his 14-39 closest friends, collected together some mighty fine weaponry over the space of a few months, popped into raid finder and flew to another planet and punched him really hard till he died. If Sargeras gets killed, I think it will be Azeroth or some other cosmic entity to do it.
    Same complaint with Illidan. Or the Lich King. That we are mere mortals incapable of taking these guys down.

In Sargeras you would probably have a point if it weren't for the nigh certainty we are going to be empowered for that fight, and that fight alone, to take him down.

Once you accept they will use that story device then any objection to Idruid and his pals punching him really hard till he falls down melts away. Yes, even in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarun View Post

Care to enlighten those of us that apparently aren't paying attention?

I feel like redemption is the most likely outcome of an encounter with Sargeras, though I don't want it to be. I feel like redemption just weakens him as a character:

"You mean destroying world after world and committing genocide on a galactic scale is not the right to do?! I have been doing that for millennia though! You mean I could have just asked all of those worlds to join in my fight against the Void Lords? Doh!"

Its kind of a dumb turn of events, his own family, the rest of the pantheon could not convince him and if we manage it, its just stupid.

I completely agree.

Sargera's could possibly be beaten by Elune and the Naaru combined, but there is a problem with this theory. Elune rarely intervenes in anything, and never on the scale of a titan battle and as for the Naaru, what have they ever done? When Maiev met A'dal, she believed he had the power to destroy mountains and cities, but in BC A'dal sat in shattrath chiming away peacefully while we laid siege to the black temple. M'uru couldn't/wouldn't stop the blood elves draining him. O'ros went down to a happy slap from Velen's estranged son. The Naaru are either much weaker than everybody thinks or pacifists to the point that they wont defend themselves let alone the rest of us. K'ara annihilated the Iron horde fleet, but that was after being purified and brought back into the light, so maybe a special case.

Yeah, he also refers to Azeroth as a he...
    https://www.acast.com/theinstance/46...lore-episode-2

33:00

At best we wound him, and then stun/seal/neutralize him by way of some plot device or another. There's simply no way we can well and truly kill Sargaras himself.

I mean, what comes after? Yeah, we also killed the Lich King, but at least threats like Deathwing and Lei Shen were similar in scope and power. But so far, basically the only thing in the universe even close to old Sargy in power are the seemingly immaterial Void Lords.

What Dev said that?

Read the next post..
    The next post where Kosak said that "I was just adding some color to the chronicle, not adding any lore with that comment. It's a reddit post, not canon"? Pretty much saying that what he said (Azeroth would never wake up) wasn't canon at all? :P
    Azeroth is pretty much alive given that Magni communicated with her (presumably that wasn't some trick of the Old Gods or something) or that Sargeras has a vision of looking at her eye sometimes after WoTA, unless she just gotten killed due to some unknown event.

Also, keep in mind that not waking up and being dead are different things. I also believe that Azeroth wouldn't be waking up and taking a Titan form. However, that doesn't mean she has to be dead - she could just decide to remain dormant and empower us - her (figurative) children - to fight against other threats.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-11-18 at 04:13 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Yogg-Saron wasnt fought at full power, though. Kil'jaeden is. We're going through the gate to Argus, there literally is nobody left to fight there besides Sargeras himself. Oh no, we fight Mal'ganis as the end boss? Talk about droll, doesn't help explain the end of the artifact either.
    Artifacts will help us mitigate a fatal strike from Sargeras allowing us to escape Argus. As the Titan's blow drains the weapons' power a gigantic Fel storm emerges destroying the portal (on both sides) that connects the two worlds, sealing Azeroth once again from the Legion. - Purely from lore perspective, we can go back and farm the Argus raid for xmog in future patches.

Aaaaand that was 2 minutes of thinking. I'm pretty sure Blizzard will come up with something more interesting, because physically fighting a planet sized Titan would be one of their dumbest decisions ever made.

By that you'll have your:
    -Longer lasting peace that they were talking about in interviews.
    -Meaningful loss of the Artifact weapons (lorewise)

Here ya go, my 2 cents on the topic.