Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The thinly veiled excuses and horrible justifications as to why people in states that have 1% of the population of California should have 10% of the power of California makes me laugh.

I do love it when people claim the EC exists "to protect low population states from the tyranny of urbanites" when they themselves don't even know how the EC came about in the first place.
    It doesn't matter how it came about 200+ years ago, the reasons for keeping was because it works still. People can be idiots and continue to complain about "MUH SLAVERY!!!!"but it has nothing to do with that anymore and has not for decades.

But keep telling yourself that allowing 5 states to dictate the rest of the Republics rules is somehow better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Try rereading what you very specifically quoted me on.
    I wasn't referring to you specifically. I was referring to what you linked as the pictures would of made it inordinately long.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only reason "people in big cities get to decide who is President" is because they're most of the people. Which is how a democratic system is supposed to work.
    The USA is not a strict Democratic country. Hence why the main 2 parties are REPUBLIC and DEMOCRATIC. Electorates it fair between states. Votes are democratic on a State level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    If you didn't do anything wrong, we wouldn't have needed wikileaks to expose what you did wrong. This is like screaming at the top of your lungs that you got a higher grade because you stole the answer sheet for the wrong test.
    Except it was proven... she didn't. People just assume she did, even though at the end of it all, the FBI confirmed there was nothing there. But so many people had already drank the kool-aid and believed it.

Sounds to me like the problem with the electoral college only effects the losers.

Who would have guessed!
    The EC has always been a mess, and always gives an advantage to lower population states. It's hilarious when people claim to be for democracy then feel that lower population states should have MORE representation than higher population states because land mass. If they're going to claim the electoral college is a good thing, they should at least stop lying when they claim it represents democracy in our country.

"We think rural people should have more power in their votes because it fits my agenda and political orientation to back it up!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Really funny how much the right loves to pole ride Putin now. I can distinctly remember him being a right boogeyman before the election. "communists" etc etc
    Pretty much. They suddenly believe that Putin is a champion of justice and a force of good, when in reality we all know (at least all of us with some common sense) that he backed Trump so he could get into the US system and undermine it from within with Trump as an easily manipulated leader.

Anyone who believes Russia has suddenly done a 180 on their intent to harm America has clearly been influenced by the events of the election. Putin helped Trump win. Anyone who believes that Putin did this just out of the goodness of his heart is naive. Nothing new for the Trump camp though. Putin now has an "in" on the American government. When something bad happens, the Trumpers will only have themselves to blame for their ignorance.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Disregard the NSA's findings of a hostile foreign power interfering in an election with the word "salt".

Conservative Problem Solving™
    It doesn't really matter to me how the DNC got caught. You got caught.

You're a child.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    It doesn't matter how it came about 200+ years ago, the reasons for keeping was because it works still. People can be idiots and continue to complain about "MUH SLAVERY!!!!"but it has nothing to do with that anymore and has not for decades.

But keep telling yourself that allowing 5 states to dictate the rest of the Republics rules is somehow better
    ROOOOOOOOOFLOOOOOOOLLLLMAO

"5 states dictate the rest of the Republic"

Yes, that makes it sound terrible, horrible, unjust!

We should clearly let 40% of the population be the sole arbiters of the direction of the country solely because they live in states with low population density. Such flawless logic! Such a shining beacon of democracy!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    The USA is not a strict Democratic country. Hence why the main 2 parties are REPUBLIC and DEMOCRATIC. Electorates it fair between states. Votes are democratic on a State level.
    This is in essence a "no true Scotsman" argument. I said that the USA was democratic, not that it was a "strict democracy", in the Athenian sense. By the modern use of the term, the USA is a democracy; it holds free elections by its people to elect representatives. "Strict democracy" where the citizens vote directly is another form of democracy, but not the only kind.

These are not labels that have firm, exclusive distinctions. The USA fits under several hats, because its system is a combination of multiple things.

As for the historicity on how the parties are named, that's just flat-out incorrect. The party names are just that; names. Both parties have massively changed their platforms over the years, and bear little modern resemblance to their original forms. Hell, if you follow the history, the original Republican Party of the late 18th Century became the Democratic-Republican Party, which eventually was renamed the Democratic Party, which still exists today. The National Union Party formed in the mid-19th Century is what eventually became the Republican Party of today. On a platform that pushed the national interest above that of states' rights, which they have of course completely reversed on over the last century, as the modern Republican Party is the states-rights party of today.

And that's without getting into other major parties of the past like the Federalists and the Whigs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    All of it.

All the salt.
    Trump made MMOC great again, don't you love it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    It doesn't really matter to me how the DNC got caught. You got caught.

You're a child.
    Met with superior logic and facts? Deny reality and throw ad homs!

Bernie lost to Hillary according to the rules set forth, but let's look for conspiracies to explain why he didn't REALLY lose, he was set up! /salt

10+ Year Old Account
    NSA? Ain't that the guys who faked being unable to unlock an iPhone?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Met with superior logic and facts? Deny reality and throw ad homs!

Bernie lost to Hillary according to the rules set forth, but let's look for conspiracies to explain why he didn't REALLY lose, he was set up! /salt
    *Herp Derp* It wasn't illegal, so there was nothing wrong with what we did.

Not the first time we've seen that fucked up reasoning. Won't be the last.

Stay classy Bat.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Most of which they've recovered and found them to be, get this.....perfectly fine.

You guys are tilting at windmills because after 8 years of a black president you couldn't handle 4 of a woman president. So you pretend to be outraged over an email server. All while looking the other way during all the corrupt, evil, hiding, bullshit Trump has done.

You're hypocrites to the core.
    Ironically, I'd gather their are more people upset now that a white guy is going to be in office then their were ever people upset that a black man was in office.

Yeah, way more to the story then a email server. Had hillary been smart, fessed up, it wouldn't have been a big deal but she lied to everyone, under oath. Had she been a regular person, the shit she pulled would have landed her in prison. Reasonable people see and understand this. People will forgive mistakes, what they will not forgive is incompetence or liars. Hildogs own actions pitted herself into a corner where she was one, the other, but mostly both to people.

Evil, corrupt bullshit things Trump has done? Oh you mean like when he sold access to the federal government for lucrative donations to his charity? Maybe you mean when he armed child soldiers who have used those weapons to massacre thousands of innocent people.

Oh wait Trump didn't do those things, sorry, that was Hillary

You guys are tilting at windmills because after 8 years of a black president you couldn't handle 4 of a woman president. So you pretend to be outraged over an email server.
    Typical dipshit slinging baseless accusations of racism/sexism. Go fuck a railroad spike.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-11-18 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post

Last edited by 0ptimo; 2016-11-18 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    I do, truly.

It wasn't even a big shock to me when he won. The entire night had a brexit esque feeling and I had an interview in Vriginia the following morning anyway.

But I couldn't even comprehend the amount of salt that would be present all over the internet. Just makes me want to learn violin so I can play it throughout threads like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Their "silence" is the result of Kerry going to London and threatening the Embassy of Ecuador. Julian hasn't been seen in more than 3 weeks as a result. He could be at a CIA black site or dead by now.

Your criminal government deserves what it gets.
    Yeah your boy-toy Putin is a model of good government. *eyeroll*
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

And here I thought Endus would accuse the Democrats of perpetuating McCarthyism.

The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    And here I thought Endus would accuse the Democrats of perpetuating McCarthyism.

The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!
    ROOOOOOOOOOFL

McCarthyism is the irrational fear of communism.

Let's not pretend that Putin wants to be our friend when a month ago he was still very much anti-US. He's an opportunist and anyone with half a brain knows it.

And there are still Bernie bros who just can't let it go? Bernie lost, in every single way possible. Bernie bros are still hanging onto this thing where Clinton communicated with the DNC to... do what? Nothing to rig it that's for sure. Bernie lost. He lost. Nobody rigged the system against him. He didn't get the votes. Get over it.

It's hard to believe people are indicting the character of one potential ally over another. The Saudis have been the US's best buds for 24 years... are we going to pretend their human rights record isn't laughable?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    It's hard to believe people are indicting the character of one potential ally over another. The Saudis have been the US's best buds for 24 years... are we going to pretend their human rights record isn't laughable?
    What do the saudis have to do with any of this? It seems like you're bringing up irrelevant stuff as a diversion from the reality that Putin didn't help Trump because he wants to be our friend, he did it because he wants a controllable leader he can manipulate to try and undermine the US, and Trump (and his followers) are gullible and easy in that regard.

We're also talking about Russia, the country that the alt-right was lambasting not but a few months ago - at least until Putin began backing Trump.

It's pretty funny to watch how easily Trump supporters betray their own convictions and beliefs. It's fun to watch just how much they'll betray themselves. Over the course of the last few months we got to watch "conservatives" dump many of their core beliefs just to be like "Oh yeah what Trump said is great! It goes against everything I believe but I will do anything to support Trump!"