Thread: The AP Exploit

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    every knew about it anyway
    Didn't know about it. Wouldn't have had any way of knowing about it. Don't really care either, though. Doesn't matter to anyone except raiders who are trying to compete with other raiders, or people whose priorities are all confused. At the end of the day, it's not even stuff we get to keep permanently, unlike mounts, pets, and other such things. It's AP in an artifact that will be gone come next expansion.

To exploit for anything in this game is questionable, but to exploit for something so ephemeral is just very, very sad.

I'm fine with the short ban of 1-2 days or even a week but they should have rolled back the AP.

People were essentially able to farm 2-4 weeks worth of AP in 4-6 hours.

mmm 6 months ban for 10 hours of auto fishing, gold cleaned from account as well.
    2 days suspension and you get to keep the AP? dayum Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I have exploited cosmetic bugs in the past such as when you could buy all pvp transmogs for 5 of those tokens. But that does not give me any power over another player, nor does it effect the economy or the game in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    mmm 6 months ban for 10 hours of auto fishing, gold cleaned from account as well.
    Nice one Blizzard :'3
    That is why you have a guild bank, transfer everything in there and it'll be safe, keep a friend's alt in there just in case.
    / Another account that is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    That is why you have a guild bank, transfer everything in there and it'll be safe, keep a friend's alt in there just in case.
    / Another account that is yours.
    I thought I was pretty safe in my Garrison!
    Not that I'd do it again, 45 euro battlechest+legion, 20 for transfer, 1.1m gold down the drain for a few stacks of raid food.

What was this exploit anyway. iirc it was that you put the AP items into void storage and could get a ak % and all the Ak items would be up to that % of artifact knowledge. Is this the exploit or was their another one?

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    What was this exploit anyway. iirc it was that you put the AP items into void storage and could get a ak % and all the Ak items would be up to that % of artifact knowledge. Is this the exploit or was their another one?
    Some WQ with AP as it's reward kept on appearing fully completed in the same spot over and over.

Gotta be careful though. While the 1-2 day ban may seem worth it, it's also a mark on your account. They often give increasing punishments based on the number of infractions. Perhaps 2 days the first time, a week the second time, and don't be surprised if you get permabaned by the 3rd-4th time you exploit something of this level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    how the hell do i never know about this stuff until the blue post that its been fixed?
    Hehe. I didn't knew about it either. But I wouldn't have used it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    Gotta be careful though. While the 1-2 day ban may seem worth it, it's also a mark on your account. They often give increasing punishments based on the number of infractions. Perhaps 2 days the first time, a week the second time, and don't be surprised if you get permabaned by the 3rd-4th time you exploit something of this level.
    Do they still permaban people?

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    hahahahahaha perma banned?

you write them a ticket say that you are sorry and wont do it again.. you will get unbanned. a friend who exploit some achivement stuff bought an account with 250 mounts + rare titles and stuff got banned for botting later , he said "sorry" got unbanned.

Oh and you dont get unbanned? just create a new wow account in the battle.net account mounts and AV's are battle.net wide you can not lose anything actualy

personaly i NEVER got banned in over 10 years.. but some days i think next exploit..? i will fucking go nuts just for the sake of doing it once since there is nothing happening

Fuckers only encouraging people to use exploits...

So per Ion's analogy, if I picked up 1 mil in bank notes on the ground and went to jail for 24 hours but got to keep all the bank notes. Man, that would be the greatest thing ever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post
    So per Ion's analogy, if I picked up 1 mil in bank notes on the ground and went to jail for 24 hours but got to keep all the bank notes. Man, that would be the greatest thing ever...
    Pretty much this.

They should've just rolled their characters back to the minutes before the world quest became available, screw any other progression they made during the time. Say it's the only way to efficiently target the damage caused by such exploits and watch them learn it's not worth it, 'cuz it's not just losing the advantage they gained, it's nullifying all the work they put into the character for however long ago they started.

Keep in mind that this was a relatively non-disruptive exploit, and artifact knowledge will make these gains rather minor in the long run. With that in mind, I don't think this kind of stuff warrants serious bans for first-time offenders. If the individuals involved are caught exploiting again, they will likely suffer far harsher penalties (as bans tend to get more severe with every repeat offence).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Keep in mind that this was a relatively non-disruptive exploit, and artifact knowledge will make these gains rather minor in the long run. With that in mind, I don't think this kind of stuff warrants serious bans for first-time offenders. If the individuals involved are caught exploiting again, they will likely suffer far harsher penalties (as bans tend to get more severe with every repeat offence).
    I personally disagree, while your point is valid re: being negated in the long run, the fact they got to keep the reward literally makes it worth it.

It sets a bad precedent, although to be fair there's plenty of things before they've fixed but not given out any punishment, so at least it's something. At worst it actually encourages it, "even if Blizzard does ban it's lenient so let's risk it".

I didn't know about it until afterward, but wouldn't have used it anyways.

Anyone who bots or cheats or uses exploits should be perma-banned, IMO. Anybody who used this particular exploit should at the VERY least have their accounts rolled back to beforehand, losing any- and every- thing they gained during that time, and be given a week away from game if a perma ban is off the table.

Really people cheating like that is what pisses me off. I mean then they hop back on after their little 2 day ban and laugh about it. They should get at least a day for every point of in their artifact that got out of it and then lose the AP they gained anyways. So lets say you got 20 points in your weapon from this cheat... lose at least 20days of gaming and when you finally log back on have all that AP gone anyways. Only thing that sucks about that is then whatever guild dungeon/raid team they are part of get screwed too. SO here's a easier thing, don't cheat, I've never understood how people can cheat at something and then brag about how "better" they are at something because they cheated to get to that level.

Deleted
    This wouldn't really matter very much (at all), but it happened during progression, so I guess it had potential to upset the balance for top 20 guilds.
    Looking from that aspect, they should have removed the gained AP (or perhaps reset their artifacts) - or given them a longer ban (I think a week would have been more appropriate).

For everyone outside the 'race' bubble... who cares.. it doesn't effect my personal gameplay or enjoyment of the game.