Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Token Price Predictions

Anyone think the tokens are going to go up a bunch since they'll be used for balance, which works in other games and the Blizzard store? Like you could even sell the items you get from the store on ebay or something, though it's not the most efficient thing in the world

Also means you can play WoW to farm gold so you can buy stuff in their other games

Looks like there was a spike this week already, what do you think?

They will skyrocket. I estimate about 60-80k because lots of people will use them to race change and server transfer.

Personally, I'll keep a million or so gold on reserve and start paying $ for a sub if the token prices go that high. It's easier for me to make $15 than it is 80k gold.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-11-18 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    They will skyrocket. I estimate about 60-80k because....
    Hahahahaha....
    That would be nice. I'd love to see them at 60k again.
    97k and rising for EU...

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post

Also means you can play WoW to farm gold so you can buy stuff in their other games
    Ah, reminds me of my Team Fortress 2 trading days. With Steam Trading I would go and trade up hats, weapons, and metal in that game. At the end of a hefty trading period I'd gather up my riches and trade them for Steam Games.

This in essence is the same, just on a way smaller scale, and only for Blizzard products, still tho. Nice!

Now I am going to be ultra super greedy with my gold. I am not going to trade people my purples. Going straight to Disenchanting. Need to save as much gold as possible!

Nobody is buying gold now cause its so laughable easy to get now plus what with the fact you can buy mats with bloods its has made everyone think twice buying gold.

Deleted
    Already no longer worth it on EU. Almost 100k for a token.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now is 99K gold in EU. Can some expert on economics whatever. Explain me why is rising it? 60 -80K was at least reasonable price, but 100K?

I'm betting 100k or higher on US, probably 150k on Euro, unless that amount of gold just send people on a token spree.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Right now is 99K gold in EU. Can some expert on economics whatever. Explain me why is rising it? 60 -80K was at least reasonable price, but 100K?
    More people are playing and more people have lots of gold since it's so easy to come by => more demand while there isn't more offer (yet).

It could be plenty of things.

Inflation on gold etc.

I think the most propable cause is that we are 2+ months in and people are quiting the game, so there are less real money spend on tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    More people are playing and more people have lots of gold since it's so easy to come by => more demand while there isn't more offer (yet).
    I don't think more people are playing than launch, that is not valid.

Its 100k now.. just incredible..

10+ Year Old Account
    They will skyrocket. I estimate about 60-80k because lots of people will use them to race change and server transfer.
    60-80K... Those days were sweet....

No, seriously, I doubt it will fall to 60-80K ever again..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Its simply supply and demand my friend.
    More tokens on the market = lower price
    Less tokens on the market = higher price

Equal tokens on thr market but more uses = higher price (because more uses in theory increases demand)

Deleted

Personally, I'll keep a million or so gold on reserve and start paying $ for a sub if the token prices go that high. It's easier for me to make $15 than it is 80k gold.
    Can I ask, has this been confirmed as a plan, or just the recent notes where they said they were considering it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halgalad View Post
    Can I ask, has this been confirmed as a plan, or just the recent notes where they said they were considering it?
    Nothing is confirmed thus far.
    All we have is the recently datamined strings and their post from a week or a few ago where they were considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mypanic View Post

Equal tokens on thr market but more uses = higher price (because more uses in theory increases demand)
    That's all nice and good, as far as basic microeconomics go, but don't forget that the market is also a regulated one, with them leaving in the clause where they can adjust it when they feel like it.

there is a limit on how many tokens you can buy with gold.That means at start people will go into buying spree ,but they will reach their limit. Also i hope blizzard changes the algorithm to control prices better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Nothing is confirmed thus far.
    All we have is the recently datamined strings and their post from a week or a few ago where they were considering it.
    Thanks very much.

It is definitely something I'd take advantage of personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Mypanic View Post

But you are forgetting that Blizzard can manipulate the price. Like they have already by changing the time or amount it drops by

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrummiePride View Post
    Nobody is buying gold now cause its so laughable easy to get now plus what with the fact you can buy mats with bloods its has made everyone think twice buying gold.
    I have about 10 players on my f-list who buy gold still. Some people work full time and don't want to dedicate much time into making gold. Sure you're going to say it's SO easy to make and it requires no time. But in reality if you only have 1 hour to play on weeknights due to IRL stuff then you don't want to spend 30 minutes of that making gold to afford raid mats for the weekend

People still buy gold as they tokens still sell.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I think the most propable cause is that we are 2+ months in and people are quiting the game, so there are less real money spend on tokens.
    I would go with this explanation too. It seems very likely that when the freshness wears off it drives two parameters:

1) More players will cancel their subscription and burn their gold reserve to continue to play casually for free.

2) Less players are desperate to get on the curve wagon and thus less real money spent on tokens. Reducing the supply.

And then the general joker that has been there all along: Blizzard kept a very visible disclaimer in there regarding making adjustments as they see fit.
    So who knows if the prices are really set by supply/demand? they could just as well be set by Blizzard's desire to burn a gold reserve. Or the opposite, their desire to pull some extra cash out of the players. Nobody knows if number of tokens sold on the AH matches number of tokens bought. So it is anyone's guess.
    The higher price the more likely it is for someone to dump the €20/$20 on a token. I would assume Blizzard is less concerned with the system as a gold sink than they are of it as a revenue stream. If purchase volume of tokens4cash drops, they will increase the price artificially, because a pure market driven price setting would result in the gold price for a token would drop so low that many players could play for free. That would lead to lower subscription revenue. It would also mean that you got less gold out of buying a token with cash, so less players would end up doing it.

Why the price is different in the regions is a strange enigma though.