Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    1v1 with some characters could be interesting, but 1v1 Mei,Winston, Sym, Torb, and Bastion all sound terrible.

Oh, Forgot Mercy. WOuldnt look forward to 5 1v1 duels in a row with her either.
    I assume the random hero changes every round.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    yep
    Mystery Duel is 1 v 1. It's a best of nine duel. Whoever gets to five wins first wins overall. Each round involves randomly selected - yet identical - Heroes.
    /10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    1v1 with some characters could be interesting, but 1v1 Mei,Winston, Sym, Torb, and Bastion all sound terrible.

Oh, Forgot Mercy. WOuldnt look forward to 5 1v1 duels in a row with her either.
    mercy is the ultimate 1v1 er. You literally only have a slow fall and your gun (well and hp regen but health packs bro). McCree and Zenyatta would be close 2nds. Everyone else is just rediculousness unless it's a sniper off.

This game just keeps getting better and better each season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    1v1 sounds like a terrible idea.
    I played a bit, it was... interesting :P

Mei vs Mei is crazy, I hear Symmetra vs Symmetra is too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yep, the one I played went to 7 rounds I think? Different random hero each round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Has anyone tried a comp (on Antartica) where Torb, Mei, and Symmetra set up camp in a room and just let the enemy team come in and get slaughtered_ How did that work out? Also, is there a time limit on the rounds?

The entire gamemode seemed way to slow paced to be honest. The entire process could be shortened considerable with less of a run back to actually fight each other.

I don't know what matchmaking there is involved in the 1v1, if any. I'm hearing of a lot of people getting stomped by players who sit way above them in comp ratings. I myself have only played 2 games of 1v1 and lost both. 3v3 however, is a lot of fun.
    Check out my youtube channel for Overwatch and other Blizzard content: https://www.youtube.com/c/eleventyten. You can also visit me at www.eleventyten.net !

I've played four duels so far and they have all ended the same way. I win the first two rounds, then the other person starts calling me a cheater/hacker, plus all sorts of insults, then they leave. I like the loot boxes but... wut...
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I played a bit, it was... interesting :P

Mei vs Mei is crazy, I hear Symmetra vs Symmetra is too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, the one I played went to 7 rounds I think? Different random hero each round.
    Mei vs Mei is actually a lot of fun. Trying to snipe each other off and then to get close with it. I had a awesome fight with me just being able to pull off the freeze then get a head shot.

It's pretty intense trying to figure out where the other character is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    I've played four duels so far and they have all ended the same way. I win the first two rounds, then the other person starts calling me a cheater/hacker, plus all sorts of insults, then they leave. I like the loot boxes but... wut...
    take that as a compliment, you are so much better than them that they think you are cheating :3

Formerly known as Arafal

1v1 and 3v3 was pretty terrible imo. No objective can lead to some pretty tiresome rounds eg 2 torbs camped behind their turrets waiting for the other to get bored.

Big complaint on the forums seems to be Roadhog is OP in 3v3. He really doesn't seem balanced for this mode.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had probably the most fun that I've had in Overwatch yet doing 3v3 games last night. Playing that made me realize how bored I was of the objective based game modes.

1v1 and 3v3 was pretty terrible imo. No objective can lead to some pretty tiresome rounds eg 2 torbs camped behind their turrets waiting for the other to get bored.
    There are some strange situations that come up in 1v1 like with Torbjorn or Bastion wanting to just sit somewhere camped out rather than move, but I didn't notice it being a problem at all in 3v3. Actually kind of in love with the 3v3 mode right now.

Big complaint on the forums seems to be Roadhog is OP in 3v3.
    Roadhog didn't seem particularly overpowered in the games I played. Then again, I am just a random scrub and it's quite probable there are balance issues in that mode among the pro-level players. Not sure how much that matters for me at my tier of play, though.
    Last edited by Mask; 2016-11-16 at 05:38 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really really hope-

Blizz does know better than to try and balance around 1v1 and 3v3. Not every hero is going to be balanced in every situation - the heroes are DESIGNED that way.

So if someone's OP in ANYTHING besides "competition 6v6" - I hope they shut down the whining fast or we're never ever going to hear the end of it.

Because the characters aren't mean to be balanced 1v1 or 3v3 - just in full teams of six with only one type of each hero per team.

You can't balance for everything. There's the "normal mode" the game is meant to be played in - whatever that is (seems like competition/qp 6v6 to me) - and the other modes are just bonus for your players to have fun in.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Really really hope-

Blizz does know better than to try and balance around 1v1 and 3v3. Not every hero is going to be balanced in every situation - the heroes are DESIGNED that way.

So if someone's OP in ANYTHING besides "competition 6v6" - I hope they shut down the whining fast or we're never ever going to hear the end of it.

Because the characters aren't mean to be balanced 1v1 or 3v3 - just in full teams of six with only one type of each hero per team.

You can't balance for everything. There's the "normal mode" the game is meant to be played in - whatever that is (seems like competition/qp 6v6 to me) - and the other modes are just bonus for your players to have fun in.
    Ofcourse Blizzard won't do that.

If one hero/comp is too powerful, then players will simply design new comps and strategies to counter it.

They need to change the incentive structure in arcade mode, people get real pissy if they don't win because you have to win 9xs for the 3 loot bags instead of 'play 9 games.'

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    They need to change the incentive structure in arcade mode, people get real pissy if they don't win because you have to win 9xs for the 3 loot bags instead of 'play 9 games.'
    Imho it's a really good structure. Crates are nothign mandatory to play better and only a cosmetic reward. You want more? you play better and you're getting them fast.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Mei vs Mei is actually a lot of fun. Trying to snipe each other off and then to get close with it. I had a awesome fight with me just being able to pull off the freeze then get a head shot.

It's pretty intense trying to figure out where the other character is.
    I just had a Symmetra v. Symmetra and it was surprisingly awesome too
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Has anyone tried a comp (on Antartica) where Torb, Mei, and Symmetra set up camp in a room and just let the enemy team come in and get slaughtered_ How did that work out? Also, is there a time limit on the rounds?
    After about 5min all enemy players are revealed the same way Widowmaker's ult works.

Camping is a poor strat as there aren't really any places to do so, all the rooms have multiple entrances, and as long as you have at least one IDF characters (Zarya, Junkrat, Pharah, Hanzo etc) you can easily just pick them off without interacting too much with the automated defences.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED