Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry SV in ToV.........

where is sv in current progress???

warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12#dataset=90&sample=7

this is so silly man ,, where is the buffs to sv so sv can be viable in raids, right now:
    Demon hunter better, monk better, warrior better, feral better, rogue better, ret paladin better, dk better........

the list goes on and on,, people cry for elemental shaman buffs and they get them, they cry for DK buffs and they get them.

BUFF SV FFS

10+ Year Old Account
    no... no... just delete SV from the game. Since Legion Hunter has only 2 Speccs anyway.

Ele shaman and DK's didn't have a top tier dps spec to fall back on. I guaran-fucking-tee you that if MM wasn't performing as well as it is we would have had the other specs looked at by now. My bet is that MM gets kicked down a bit and BM/SV come up in 7.1.5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty1 View Post

this is so silly man ,, where is the buffs to sv so sv can be viable in raids, right now:
    Demon hunter better, monk better, warrior better, feral better, rogue better, ret paladin better, dk better........

the list goes on and on,, people cry for elemental shaman buffs and they get them, they cry for DK buffs and they get them.

BUFF SV FFS
    That cant be hapen ppl spend alot of time in their artefact power...oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by crusty1 View Post

BUFF SV FFS

Warcraft did not need 2 more melee specs. Adding a DH was enough but changing SV to Melee was putting the spec with one foot in a grave. The devs need ot save it and revert it. It's not necessary. LET THE ONLY PHYSICAL RANGED DPS BE JUST THAT. RANGED.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    Ele shaman and DK's didn't have a top tier dps spec to fall back on.
    Enhance shamans were near the top on release for quite a while and were hot fixed a ton. Unholy DKs were parsing pretty high on a lot of fights and Blood DKs are really good. What are you even talking about?

There are 12 parses for the highest-represented specs. That's essentially a list of "What do people play?" not "How is it performing?".

Quote Originally Posted by Rolenn View Post
    Enhance shamans were near the top on release for quite a while and were hot fixed a ton. Unholy DKs were parsing pretty high on a lot of fights and Blood DKs are really good. What are you even talking about?
    Unholy was ok but far from high before the first wave of fixes and blood is a tank, we are talking about dps specs.

Hunters have a top tier in MM and a mid tier in BM. Sorry but even as a hunter main who doesn't like MM I can admit that other classes needed immediate looking over more than we do.

Ele shaman and DK's didn't have a top tier dps spec to fall back on. I guaran-fucking-tee you that if MM wasn't performing as well as it is we would have had the other specs looked at by now. My bet is that MM gets kicked down a bit and BM/SV come up in 7.1.5.
    Blizzard can't let that happen though.
    People have invested too much time into their spec and artifact.

In my opinion they should just change Survival Hunter to tank. Just imagine that, the first tank to use a pet.

If you guys have ever played DotA you will know in who I'm inspiring myself: Lone Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Blizzard can't let that happen though.
    People have invested too much time into their spec and artifact.
    Yea....it takes like a week to get a fresh artifact to 3 gold traits at this point. By the time 7.1.5 rolls around 2-3 days. Trying to use AP as an excuse is weak. SV is my lowest artifact at 880 ilvl. If you've been raiding/M+'ing all this time you've gotten enough decent relics to be fine. Saying blizzard has to keep MM at the top because people have invested in their artifact isn't a valid excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by GokuGohan View Post
    In my opinion they should just change Survival Hunter to tank. Just imagine that, the first tank to use a pet.

If you guys have ever played DotA you will know in who I'm inspiring myself: Lone Druid.
    Pet would just be aesthetic/used as part of our skills. We would still be the one getting hit in the face. Couldn't trust a pet to position properly and having to keep track of a pet's HP would piss healers off.
    Last edited by Threndsa; 2016-11-17 at 07:28 PM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps

Shadow priest average 421k and Survival 302k thats 40% more on BOSS DAMAGE. Why can't Blizzard just multiply our single target abilities by 40%?

Yea....it takes like a week to get a fresh artifact to 3 gold traits at this point. By the time 7.1.5 rolls around 2-3 days. Trying to use AP as an excuse is weak. SV is my lowest artifact at 880 ilvl. If you've been raiding/M+'ing all this time you've gotten enough decent relics to be fine. Saying blizzard has to keep MM at the top because people have invested in their artifact isn't a valid excuse.

Pet would just be aesthetic/used as part of our skills. We would still be the one getting hit in the face. Couldn't trust a pet to position properly and having to keep track of a pet's HP would piss healers off.
    They said specifically that they would never change the spec balance in this expantion so the number on spec would end up behind the others.
    Maybe they lied, they usually do but hey, lets hope not.

3 gold traits is hardly enough though. You need your 5% extra damage at this oint and it'll take alot longer than a week to get that for most players.

First of all hunters have nothing to complain about.

second of all why would anyone bring an extra melee into a raid when the ranged options available from said person are better?

I litterally just got my 3rd trait on my main spec on my DK. 27 points in. granted in main switched 2 weeks in, but i still have AK 15. not all weapons are equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlyn View Post
    I litterally just got my 3rd trait on my main spec on my DK. 27 points in. granted in main switched 2 weeks in, but i still have AK 15. not all weapons are equal.
    AK is exponential growth though not linear. 0-27 is ~780k AP. At AK 15 that's 190-ish 150 AP sources after AK is applied or 71 of the 400 blues. do your heroic daily and hit up some AP WQs and thats like 2 weeks tops. And 2 weeks worth of AK growth almost doubles your gains again so total I'd guess 8-10 days depending on how on top of it you are.

0-the first point in paragon is a little over 6m total. At 25 AK it would take about as long to do as it would getting to 27 from 0 at AK 15. Two weeks-ish. STOP.COMPLAING.ABOUT.AP Hell someone mentioned that the quest reward for killing Gul'dan is 720k AP at max AK and anyone that cares about small percent dps boosts is in a mythic guild and overgeared as hell for the first week of normal/heroic NH and will get that without issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneri View Post
    no... no... just delete SV from the game.
    How is that a solution?

If anything MM needs to be removed, it's not anywhere close to being a sniper/marksman spec, fucking snakes... and perma cleave.

SV is in it's early stages and still needs a lot of work, but removing it is not going to happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aneri View Post
    Since Legion Hunter has only 2 Speccs anyway.
    I actually play the game to have fun (strange right?), and for me Hunter does have only 2 specs, BM and SV.

BM might be a little boring and easy, but MM is even worse, and you don't even have to manage your pet anymore as MM.

SV has a fun rotation and can be quite difficult, but it should be like that.
    But as it stands now SV is kinda hard (until you get used to it), but if you play it right you don't get rewarded (DPS is to low for the amount of effort you put into it).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayeh View Post
    How is that a solution?

If anything MM needs to be removed, it's not anywhere close to being a sniper/marksman spec, fucking snakes... and perma cleave.

SV is in it's early stages and still needs a lot of work, but removing it is not going to happen lol

I actually play the game to have fun (strange right?), and for me Hunter does have only 2 specs, BM and SV.

BM might be a little boring and easy, but MM is even worse, and you don't even have to manage your pet anymore as MM.

SV has a fun rotation and can be quite difficult, but it should be like that.
    But as it stands now SV is kinda hard (until you get used to it), but if you play it right you don't get rewarded (DPS is to low for the amount of effort you put into it).
    "manage your pet" HA! that's a good one.

Personally i think SV needs ome buffs but it should at best be equal with best ranged dps specc because most players started playing hunter as a range dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    "manage your pet" HA! that's a good one.
    Clearly you aren't trying to min max everything when playing with a pet if you think that was a joke
    You realize some targets are further away than 25 yards and cannot be charged?

EDIT: Don't forget about pet buffs and bress. Or are you one of those Hunters that just takes a random pet and never helps the group out with either a ress or BL? Or even swapping in a fight to ress someone or get BL when either (for example) the shaman or mage dies.

Managing a pet isn't just about letting it attack lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    Personally i think SV needs ome buffs but it should at best be equal with best ranged dps specc because most players started playing hunter as a range dps.
    In a perfect world they would make everything equal and that the only difference is player skill, but that isn't going to happen either.

SV can use some buffs yeah, everyone knows that
    Last edited by mmocff63c623ab; 2016-11-18 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    Clearly you aren't trying to min max everything when playing with a pet if you think that was a joke
    You realize some targets are further away than 25 yards and cannot be charged?
    every specc has its own ups and down and SV is not really made for switching targets all the time.
    Ofc you can send your pet around with /petattack or moveto macros or using your pet's movement cds but...

It's still a stupid NPC.

In a perfect world they would make everything equal and that the only difference is player skill, but that isn't going to happen either.

SV can use some buffs yeah, everyone knows that
    All I'm saying is that if any hunter feels like playing a meele then why didn't they switch to dk? A meele with a pet.
    Hunter has been a range class when I started playing 10 years ago. I want it to stay that way.

The day I'm feeling forced to playing survival to help my raid will be the day on which I start leveling a mage.