View Poll Results: Should a blood test be standard procedure?

Voters
432. This poll is closed
  • Yes

280 64.81%
  • No

114 26.39%
  • Neutral

38 8.80%
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This has been an... interesting read.

I'm a man-trapping, misandrist, cruel, selfish, lying, cheating whore until proven otherwise. Oh, how I love these threads

Keep at it, MMO-C!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    "Did you even have a point" (how is the word "even" a meme anyway). "Did you have a point". Yarr, monumental difference you got there mate. Wait, no, it only changes the tone. I also used the wrong tense there, ze horror. And paternity fraud can happen regardless of having trust issues or not. Also, that presumption is bogus and making testing mandatory removes the issue of trust altogether.
    Just need to fix a misconception.
    Underlined. Making testing mandatory wouldn't remove the issue of trust. It'd make the issue of trust systemic and assume every woman is guilty until found not so.

-From a man who if in a relationship where I worried about above without reason wouldn't want to have a child in it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You might have to explain that part, in the context of this thread. How is the child better off getting dumped, as opposed to not getting dumped?

Does the father have a right to know? Yes, why not. But don't pretend that it's in anyone elses favor, but the man. Trying to make it about the childs best interest is bs.
    Well, it is in the childs best interest because a guy who finds out down the line the kid isn't his is never ever going to have the same connection with the kid, which could cause long term damage.. so yes, whilst on the one hand it IS for the guy, the further down the line you go.. the more potentially damaging to both child AND 'father'
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    If they are already attached, I find it hard to imagine that some person could be so messed up, as to drop emotionally cold and despise a child they loved, due to no fault of the child.

And how is single parenthood a benefit to the child?
    you must be female.

amazing how you spin it that the guy is 'emotionally cold' as opposed to the psychotic bitch woman who lied to him for years and let him think it was his..

thankfully I know my daughter is mine. but if for some magical reason it turned out that she wasn't.. stopping loving her would be impossible. but so would staying and feeling that heartache every day.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Pretty sure it common practice to screen the baby for disease and other such things, why wouldn't they go the tiny step further and match it with the father? I don't see an issue with that at all. Make it so the father has to opt-in to see the results. To avoid some Jerry Springer shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbeon View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say not many of you are actual fathers. I have 4 children, and there are a number of misconceptions that I too had before I became a dad.

Having a family and a child has NOTHING to do with your DNA. There's no "special" connection with a bio child vs a non-bio child. In both cases, you CHOOSE to be a father. That's terribly important. You make a choice to put their little lives in your hands, to protect and guide them, and to put their needs above your own.

And once you've made that choice, it's completely IRRELEVANT if that child sprang from your particular flavor of baby batter.

If I found out today that all of my children had fathers other than me, I can clearly say without a doubt it wouldn't matter for my relationship with them ONE BIT. It would, however, damage their lives because of the issues that I would have with my wife... Why would I want that? I'd much rather be blissfully ignorant than purposely damage my kids. See the choice I made above to put their needs above my own. I would much rather be IGNORANT and HAPPY than KNOWLEDGABLE and MISERABLE.

And for those people who have "medical" concerns. That's utter BS and a smokescreen. For the very, very small percentage of fathers with a genetic issue that could be passed to the kid, they ALWAYS test the kid separately first. And if the wife slept with someone with a genetic condition that matters, hopefully she opts for "genetic testing" of the fetus and those conditions can be found easily without leaving the child with a broken family.

The "medical history" angle is provides almost no new insight for doctors anyway -- they test for it all anyway.

If you believe differently, then either in my opinion you haven't made the choice to be a father and that's just fine. I know people with kids who are still selfish (she cheated on ME? -- that's not what it's about anymore...). There's a difference between acting like a father and being a father.
    The Medical History angle gives great insight. If a doctor believes your dad is your biological father when he isn't then he will use that knowledge to help diagnosing multiple different genetic disorders. Though it would be super rare, this could cause someone to be misdiagnosed due to two different medical disorders being similar.

A bud of mine was diagnosed with a rare heart condition recently, he was lucky enough that the father that he never meet contacted his mother to tell him that the father was diagnosed and it was genetic. Luckily they caught it early because of this.

I believe differently, I think the Mother is selfish. If she isn't up front about it then this could cause certain things to be misdiagnosed or not caught at all. She is selfish for not thinking about the larger picture of her children due to being afraid he would leave her. There is a difference between acting like a mother and being a mother.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Funny how it is only okay to let the state step in when it is something that a woman wants. If the mother doesn't have a willing father then the child should go up for adoption straight away, it is what is best for the child, or is this suddenly not the main issue any more!????
    I think you may have missed the context of my comment. I wasn't endorsing the state stepping in, but rather pointing out that the state should step in to prevent someone who's not the biological father from having to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    This has been an... interesting read.

I'm a man-trapping, misandrist, cruel, selfish, lying, cheating whore until proven otherwise. Oh, how I love these threads

Keep at it, MMO-C!
    Interesting. You act like a victim of a sort of stereotyping while acting stereotypically. A test to confirm paternity only makes you a "bad" woman if you are a "bad" woman. Taking offense at something like this makes you look either guilty or stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Pretty sure it common practice to screen the baby for disease and other such things, why wouldn't they go the tiny step further and match it with the father? I don't see an issue with that at all. Make it so the father has to opt-in to see the results. To avoid some Jerry Springer shit.
    It's a waste of money when they could instead just have the father be able to request a DNA test.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It's a waste of money when they could instead just have the father be able to request a DNA test.
    The state has a vested interest in having an accurate record of the biological parents of every single child. Even if the state paid for it (which I'm not saying it necessarily should), it would be a net gain when you consider the amount of tax payer dollars wasted in family courts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    The cost is so inconsequential I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Interesting. You act like a victim of a sort of stereotyping while acting stereotypically. A test to confirm paternity only makes you a "bad" woman if you are a "bad" woman. Taking offense at something like this makes you look either guilty or stupid.

Yeah, because there are so many healthy opinions originating from the forum goers here. No one said "man-trapping, misandrist, cruel, selfish, lying, cheating whore" in one post, I chose to write all of the attitudes in one sentence. Taking offense from this thread? Maybe, because it appears that women are lying and deceitful according to some, it'd be like you as a man reading that all men are women-hating, violent rapists. But no, this thread makes me lose faith in humanity more than I take offense, as it is with any gender related thread.

I don't want to live in a society where women are considered deceitful and unfaithful until proven otherwise, as is OP's dream scenario. I don't think that makes me stupid, but hey, whatever. If one is of the opinion that those tests are a good idea as to avoid false fatherhood, like it's an extremely common thing, one is rather paranoid, and shouldn't impregnante anyone, let alone be in a relationship (and hopefully no one would let themselves be impregnanted by such fine specimen of the human race)

If you (plural) want compulsory parernity tests, then I say we put all new fathers under surveilliance as the new life with a demanding blob of flesh will make the sexlife will take quite a hit and they may be tempted to get sum elsewhere. See, now you'll all think this is the most misandrist, sexist and stupid idea ever, whereas paternity tests on 100 % of all births aren't, because you're so blinded by your agenda, selfpity and that every woman is a cunt out there to get you

Deleted
    Yeah, because there are so many healthy opinions originating from the forum goers here. No one said "man-trapping, misandrist, cruel, selfish, lying, cheating whore"
    Yes, because quoting the people who point out that since paternity establishes a permanent legal obligation, the state aught to be required to actually prove it, nah fuck that.
    Maybe, because it appears that women are lying and deceitful according
    All women are lying and deceitful.
    Because all people are lying and deceitful.
    as a man reading that all men are women-hating, violent rapists.
    No, because both of them are Orders of magnitude worse.
    I don't want to live in a society where women are considered deceitful and unfaithful until proven otherwise,
    You want to treat women better than men?
    If you (plural) want compulsory parernity tests, then I say we put all new fathers under surveilliance as the new life with a demanding blob of flesh will make the sexlife will take quite a hit and they may be tempted to get sum elsewhere. See, now you'll all think this is the most misandrist, sexist and stupid idea ever, whereas paternity tests on 100 % of all births aren't, because you're so blinded by your agenda, selfpity and that every woman is a cunt out there to get you
    Because, and this is important:
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No, its because paternity establishes a series of legal and financial obligations on the father.
    Therefore, it is important that actual paternity is established.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The cost is so inconsequential I don't know why you keep bringing it up.
    It's not that insignificant but even if it is, the point still stands: why?

We all agree that men have the right to know if they are the father. Letting the father request a DNA test lets them do this if they are suspicious. Hell, make insurance companies cover it. If the woman refuses, tough. She's not paying for it. I'm fine with all of that.

As some men in this very thread have said, though, some men don't want to know. Forcing it seems really, really silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post

Not even sure I understand your idea or the reasoning behind it? Why would we put the fathers under surveillance? This isn't really about catching a woman cheating so we can say "got you haha". It's about being sure you're the person actually legally and morally obligated to care for this infant.
    OP asks the question "What do you think, should a blood test be a standard procedure at birth to confirm the father is indeed the biological father?", to which I don't agree, as it's saying "we don't trust women until it's proven they weren't unfaitful". All women. Then, as I understand Mistame, he's saying "oh, it's nothing to worry about if you weren't cheating!"

My 'idea', as some sort of gender counter agrument, and it'd probably be popular in the Momfia, was that fathers should be put under surveillance to make sure they aren't cheating, and risking the family breaking apart, STDs (I'm just making up shit, but please roll with it). OP based the topic on a real life scenario, but how many women decieve like that, just as how many new fathers shag some piece of ass while the new mother goes insane from sleep deprivation and fucking collic at home?
    The point is, it is a stupid idea, as it's labelling all fathers as potiential cheaters until proven otherwise, just as compulsory paternity tests are a way of telling women they can't be trusted until the tests confirm they can be. The latter gathers a lot of support here, even though I find both ideas to be stupid

I don't object to paternity tests should there be legitimate doubt about who is the father, but it's a giant sign of mistrust of all women to have them for every birth.

Ultimately, I am selfish, so me diagreeing with OP is based on a situation I could have been in, but I don't lie nor cheat, so I feel this suggestion is questioning my morale and intergrity. Saying "it's nothing to worry about if you were honest" doesn't make it better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    all them quotes
    I'm not against paternity tests if there is reason to doubt the woman, but they shouldn't be compulsory. It is completely wrong to consider all women to be lying bitches until proven that they aren't, just as it's wrong to assume all men to be [whatever]. Are you able to see that questioning the honesty of every new mother out there is wrong? As far as I'm concerned, it's like banning abortions because some (who?) "use it as birth control" or banning alcohol because some people become alcoholics.

I don't want or need women to be treated better than men, I'm not a feminazi and I'm 100 % anti Momfia. As I pointed out to Nexx here, is that I am selfish, yet I have my intergrity, which I won't have questioned due to actions of other women. Saying "nothing to worry about if you didn't cheat" doesn't work. My answers in this thread is regarding how I would feel in such a scenario, because I don't lie or cheat, which makes your

All women are lying and deceitful.
    Because all people are lying and deceitful.

not apply to me.

I understand that it's going to be a shock for a man to find out he's not the father of a child he thought was his, but really, how often does this happen? I don't want to victimblame either, but shouldn't one be a bit more careful with whom one concieve with (which applies to both genders)

Furthermore, since OP brought in a real life scenario, I'll bring mine: I knew someone where the father ceased contact when the individual was 15. The father also stopped paying child support (and it was the biological father). Consequences? Nothing. The government didn't come chasing after the father, so I guess those legal and finanical obligations aren't that important as far as the authoroties are concerned?

Deleted
    I don't object to paternity tests should there be legitimate doubt about who is the father, but it's a giant sign of mistrust of all women to have them for every birth.
    Now I come back to the mother and infant id bracelet, its a giant sign of mistrust toward all the medical staff for every birth, and why is it such a big deal that the the mothe get to raise here biological kid, she wanted to be a mother.....why do the kid need to be here biological kid.

I naturally understand why, but it feel so wrong that the mother interest to raise here biological kid taken very seriously, but mens intrest to raise his biological kid is herded away
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-11-18 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Just need to fix a misconception.
    Underlined. Making testing mandatory wouldn't remove the issue of trust. It'd make the issue of trust systemic and assume every woman is guilty until found not so.

-From a man who if in a relationship where I worried about above without reason wouldn't want to have a child in it in the first place.
    I meant it in interpersonal way. If the man isn't the one initiating it, there wouldn't be hurt feelings between the couple. As for system, it's not exactly an entity capable of trust. And innocent until proven guilty? It's not a trial and a paternity test isn't a punishment. It's a preventive measure. I don't know about Sweden, but in Poland all courts have metal detectors at the entrance. Does that mean the system doesn't trust everyone going in? Does it view the victims of crimes coming in to testify as guilty of wrongdoing until proven otherwise? Or is it just sifting out the actually guilty without making judgment calls about the general population entering, because the ones who may want to smuggle in a weapon (to kill said victim wanting to testify, for example) are otherwise indistinguishable without such preventive measures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    This has no clear cut answer, unfortunately.

My personal view of it is if the female has nothing to hide, she should not object to the request, a child is a lot of responsibility and if the mother birthed another man's child while not admitting to it, that's a very irresponsible thing to do.

I'll gather some wood I guess, since i'll be burned at the stake for this opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    cuck-alert?

If tests were ordered for every child, i bet lots of people would learn "their" child is not theirs.
    And i'm pretty sure it's more common than you think (cheating spouses, which coincidently lead up to a child).
    A cuckold would be one who not only finds out the kid isn't his, but who isn't man enough to straight up ask for a test.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Now I come back to the mother and infant id bracelet, its a giant sign of mistrust toward all the medical staff for every birth, and why is it such a big deal that the the mothe get to raise here biological kid, she wanted to be a mother.....why do the kid need to be here biological kid.

I naturally understand why, but it feel so wrong that the mother interest to raise here biological kid taken very seriously, but mens intrest to raise his biological kid is herded away
    Some people (women) are really insane with bringing up biological offspring, they'd walk over corpses. 10+ years of trying, rather than adopt a child. It wouldn't matter to me personally whether it's my biological child or not, and I think it'd be great if people loosned up a little.

Deleted
    I can't believe you guys are still discussing this

Genetic tests for baby and both parents should be 100% mandatory for every birth for 1 reason and 1 reason alone:

so we have the most accurate possible medical history of the baby so any health problems can be treated instantly with the best information on medical record

I can't see any objection that could possibly override the safety and health of newborn children

If you're against medical and genetic testing of all children, you're basically against things like vaccinations, and honestly that makes you a terrible person
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-11-18 at 12:09 PM.