Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    every specc has its own ups and down and SV is not really made for switching targets all the time.
    Ofc you can send your pet around with /petattack or moveto macros or using your pet's movement cds but...

It's still a stupid NPC.
    Yes that's true, but it still helps and I find it fun to do. If you don't think that's fun why even play a class with a pet? It's not like the DK/lock pets aren't retarded :P

And I don't know if I was clear (my bad if so), but managing your pet well as BM is important and can make quite a big difference.
    (It's fine if you think it doesn't make a difference, just means to me you haven't actually tried it, or you didn't do it properly).

All I'm saying is that if any hunter feels like playing a meele then why didn't they switch to dk? A meele with a pet.
    Hunter has been a range class when I started playing 10 years ago. I want it to stay that way.
    Why not play a lock then? Warlocks have a pet AND they are ranged.

A hunter can be melee, why does everyone find that so strange? We're called Hunters not Archers / Rangers, we hunt, no reason to not being able to use melee. Even in vanilla we had melee skills (even though they were quite useless :P) and the playstyle is SO different from Death Knights, how can you even compare that...
    That's like saying why don't Survival Hunters (the old version, ranged) just re-roll to a Mage? It uses fire skills too! (explosive shot / trap || Fireball/Pyroblast & Flamestrike) and it can even shoot! (with a wand but still).

If you think like that they might as well just create only 1 class with 1 healing, 1 tank and 1 DPS spec (being able to use all weapons and such, so you have all the freedom of choice you want).

The day I'm feeling forced to playing survival to help my raid will be the day on which I start leveling a mage.
    If you think that's more fun, then do so, no one is stopping you

I for one don't play MM because I don't find it fun, even though it's the best spec currently. Not going to change class just because I don't like 1 spec >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayeh View Post
    Why not play a lock then? Warlocks have a pet AND they are ranged.

A hunter can be melee, why does everyone find that so strange? We're called Hunters not Archers / Rangers, we hunt, no reason to not being able to use melee. Even in vanilla we had melee skills (even though they were quite useless :P) and the playstyle is SO different from Death Knights, how can you even compare that...
    That's like saying why don't Survival Hunters (the old version, ranged) just re-roll to a Mage? It uses fire skills too! (explosive shot / trap || Fireball/Pyroblast & Flamestrike) and it can even shoot! (with a wand but still).

If you think like that they might as well just create only 1 class with 1 healing, 1 tank and 1 DPS spec (being able to use all weapons and such, so you have all the freedom of choice you want).

I never had to switch my class because it offered waht I allways wanted. If someone allways felt the need of playing a meele with a pet then there has been this deathknight class since wotlk... it has pets and is a meele.... kinda fits the profile.

I love playing hunter. I play the "archer class" in every single game. It was the main reason why I even started playing hunter 10 years ago.
    My point is that hunter has been a range class since almost forever. (yes you could play a "meele" specc in vanilla and you had some meele abilites til the end of cata)

I also love raiding. I usually play the specc that will give my guild the best shot when it comes to progression but I never wanted to play a meele class.
    I don't enjoy it as much. If I get forced playing sv because it outperforms my 2 range dps speccs then I can not enjoy my class anymore since I'm not a range dps.

AP system basically ensures that no one will try out risky specs.

Remember when demo lock suddenly became ridiculous in 5.2? How about when feral came out of the wood work in 5.4? What about arms for progression in 5.4?

No one tries new specs now. No one will try SV, we cannot know if its good or bad and on which bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only solution i can think of why blizzard make SV a melee Specc is to piss of the majority and kiss the ass of the very few ppl who think SV Hunter was a melee specc back in Vanilla and must be it now again.
    When you like SV go play a Monk oder Shamy or whatever. Blizzard dont deserve praise or that you stood up for them. They clearly did a fucking BAD job in making SV a melee. Period.

So the best what they can do in the moment. Delete the disaster specc SV (dont spend more time on an failed product) and concentrate more on the real problems with BM and MM.
    Last edited by Aneri; 2016-11-18 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusty1 View Post
    where is sv in current progress???

warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12#dataset=90&sample=7

this is so silly man ,, where is the buffs to sv so sv can be viable in raids, right now:
    Demon hunter better, monk better, warrior better, feral better, rogue better, ret paladin better, dk better........

the list goes on and on,, people cry for elemental shaman buffs and they get them, they cry for DK buffs and they get them.

BUFF SV FFS
    you cannot reasonably buff SV enough, so that RANGED specs like mm and bm would roll to it, such a buff would be outrageously overpowered. The whole survival hunter fieldtrip blizzard took us on has been a massive failure, they took one of my favorite spec in the whole game and turned it into an abomination that no one wants. Instead of buffs to current SV i'd prefer a total rework of the class, this assuming they aren't willing to bring back old ranged survival spec.

Deleted
    I never had to switch my class because it offered waht I allways wanted. If someone allways felt the need of playing a meele with a pet then there has been this deathknight class since wotlk... it has pets and is a meele.... kinda fits the profile.
    I understand that, but it's still like that only now instead of 3 (basically) the same specs, all ranged, we now have 2 ranged and 1 melee spec. I don't see how more choice is a bad thing (don't get me wrong, I loved the old Surival as well, I played that the most).

I started playing a hunter because it used a bow AND it has a pet, that's awesome. Then I found out you could also do melee with it? sign me the fuck up for that. It wasn't untill I got to a higher level that I noticed it actually didn't really have melee (it has the skills, but they were kinda pointless because ranged was always the better option) (I was young haha).

Now we finaly have a REAL melee spec, and it gets shit upon by every "Archer" lover (I was going to say Hunter, but hunter doesn't mean it HAS to use a bow/gun). (no offense intended!).

I don't see a DK as a class with a pet, but with a minion.
    A hunter lives together and hunts together with their pet, they care for each other.

A Death Knight just commands his "minion" to do his bidding, it's not really a pet in my opinion.
    If it's the choice between the DK and his minion, the DK wil always sacrifice the minion in order to save themselves.

I see a Hunter as a person with a bond with his pet, and they would do anything to save their pets (Rexxar and Misha?).

EDIT: Also, a DK doesn't have any traps or explosive bombs, which are also freaking awesome won't trade that in for some cold lich type of combat

I love playing hunter. I play the "archer class" in every single game. It was the main reason why I even started playing hunter 10 years ago.
    My point is that hunter has been a range class since almost forever. (yes you could play a "meele" specc in vanilla and you had some meele abilites til the end of cata)
    And that's great, you still have 2 options to do so, but 1 is just a little more focused on pets instead of ranged.
    If it was up to me there would be 2 survival specs, 1 melee and 1 ranged (Druid has 4 specs so why not? It's possible).

I also love raiding. I usually play the specc that will give my guild the best shot when it comes to progression but I never wanted to play a meele class.
    I don't enjoy it as much. If I get forced playing sv because it outperforms my 2 range dps speccs then I can not enjoy my class anymore since I'm not a range dps.
    I completely understand this, but the thing is, if everyone just plays the "best" spec Blizzard doesn't have a reason to make changes to the "worst" spec anyway. Why bother if no-one is playing it anyway? They are also not getting feedback because no-one is playing that spec.

And tbh if you are FORCED by your guild to change, it's a kinda shitty guild. 1 player isn't going to make the difference in a raid (usually).
    It's also all the more reason to play that spec and give feedback, so they can be improved.
    Last edited by mmocff63c623ab; 2016-11-18 at 12:14 PM. Reason: i typed class instead of spec.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    you cannot reasonably buff SV enough, so that RANGED specs like mm and bm would roll to it, such a buff would be outrageously overpowered. The whole survival hunter fieldtrip blizzard took us on has been a massive failure, they took one of my favorite spec in the whole game and turned it into an abomination that no one wants. Instead of buffs to current SV i'd prefer a total rework of the class, this assuming they aren't willing to bring back old ranged survival spec.
    what did you like about the post-cata survival ? Just curious because I felt it was the shittiest noob design spec ever. And by noob I meant noob to play and not fit to noob content like pexing nor farming but like instances and arenas.

Deleted
    O no! There are 36 specs in the game and 20 spots! My spec is one of the 16 specs not represented! GO MAD! ANGRY POSTING! AHHHHH!!!!!

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...dps&dataset=80
    Can you see how two other melee specs are not even in?

Quote Originally Posted by xstaindx View Post
    Warcraft did not need 2 more melee specs. Adding a DH was enough but changing SV to Melee was putting the spec with one foot in a grave. The devs need ot save it and revert it. It's not necessary. LET THE ONLY PHYSICAL RANGED DPS BE JUST THAT. RANGED.
    They won't do it, they never will acknowledge it was a failure until next expansion, then it will go ranged again.

Deleted
    every specc has its own ups and down and SV is not really made for switching targets all the time.
    Ofc you can send your pet around with /petattack or moveto macros or using your pet's movement cds but...

It's still a stupid NPC.

All I'm saying is that if any hunter feels like playing a meele then why didn't they switch to dk? A meele with a pet.
    Hunter has been a range class when I started playing 10 years ago. I want it to stay that way.

The day I'm feeling forced to playing survival to help my raid will be the day on which I start leveling a mage.
    MM and BM is not much better with DPS anyway. Also boring as hell, Im surprised that someone still playing such utterly boring class mechanics.
    And I think no one cares if you reroll just because you don't like some spec.
    It's now melee, deal with it. Constant crying is boring same as MM and BM playstyle. MM is frankly the worst atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    O no! There are 36 specs in the game and 20 spots! My spec is one of the 16 specs not represented! GO MAD! ANGRY POSTING! AHHHHH!!!!!
    With money Blizzard earning it should have developers capable of making all DPS classes competitive enough, different enough, fun enough. Or at least competitive .. Somehow they still are failing, no excuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coood View Post
    MM and BM is not much better with DPS anyway. Also boring as hell, Im surprised that someone still playing such utterly boring class mechanics.
    And I think no one cares if you reroll just because you don't like some spec.
    It's now melee, deal with it. Constant crying is boring same as MM and BM playstyle. MM is frankly the worst atm.

- - - Updated - - -

With money Blizzard earning it should have developers capable of making all DPS classes competitive enough, different enough, fun enough. Or at least competitive .. Somehow they still are failing, no excuses.
    Sure mr 1 post alt account of a banned user. Reported.

Deleted
    Sure mr 1 post alt account of a banned user. Reported.
    And when you registered for the first time you had what number of posts when you commented something? Are you so dumb and need to accuse someone for what you just made up? Incredible. How can you report me, what a fail you are

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coood View Post
    And when you registered for the first time you had what number of posts when you commented something? Are you so dumb and need to accuse someone for what you just made up? Incredible. How can you report me, what a fail you are
    And now you are flaming another user which is also, against forum policy. Reported again and ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now you are flaming another user which is also, against forum policy. Reported again and ignored.
    and you know what.. you deserved to get flamed. Even IF he is a alt account of a banned user. Silent Report and good is... but you had to write the offtopic crap and started the shit. In the first post what he was writing was not wrong nor was he offending someone from here -.-

Survival is actually fun to play compared to MM and BM both shitty 3 or 4 button specs. Also it can pull competitive dps you just have to actually have some skill and be a more than competent player which already excludes 90% of hunters. The rotation is too complex for the braindead BM/MM mains and without a major base of players playing SV no one will truly know how strong it can be because the percentage of people that can actually play survival well is abysmally low.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapstarz View Post
    what did you like about the post-cata survival ? Just curious because I felt it was the shittiest noob design spec ever. And by noob I meant noob to play and not fit to noob content like pexing nor farming but like instances and arenas.
    i liked how the build didn't really have big cooldowns, and the constant damage was just there from explosive arrow, black arrow and serpent sting, i especially liked explosive arrow mechanic. Probably the same reason i like assassination rogue, granted it has changed quite a lot as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    Ele shaman and DK's didn't have a top tier dps spec to fall back on. I guaran-fucking-tee you that if MM wasn't performing as well as it is we would have had the other specs looked at by now. My bet is that MM gets kicked down a bit and BM/SV come up in 7.1.5.
    It won't happen but they could bring the other specs within 1-2% of MM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Dayeh View Post
    A hunter can be melee, why does everyone find that so strange? We're called Hunters not Archers / Rangers, we hunt, no reason to not being able to use melee.
    All other BS aside...when have you ever met/seen/read about a "hunter" that ran up and punched (or stabbed) quarry to death? In all meaningful definitions of the word, hunter means using a weapon at range to bring down prey. A spear (thrown), arrows, bullets, slings, bola, boomerangs...etc. Alternately, using traps, snares and other such devices. Rangers, different from hunters, have traditionally used melee in addition to range.

I understand there's a small set of people who like survival as a melee spec. Unfortunately, there are so many problems with it functionally, conceptually & how it fits in the game. It should have been a tank spec, imo, but as a 4th spec. The game is low on tanks and ranged right now and adding another melee DPS was just a bad idea. It needs to be reverted to a ranged spec...Hunter is a ranged dps spec. At best, in vanilla, it was a hybrid. Unfortunately so few people play the spec keeping it as-is is likely a waste of time. Just my 2c.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapstarz View Post
    Survival was just fine in MOP. It was fine in WOD as well up until HFC was released. Then it got shit on when they fixed the serpent sting bug/feature. Mainly this was because PVP/PVE were still balanced together. If they had been separate like Legion Blizzard could've buffed survival in PVE without making them demi-gods in PVP.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222