Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    How many other specs other than outlaw and unholy to some extent got their spec ripped out from under their feet.
    Unholy to some extent? Unholy death coil buff was a joke and spit to the face towards one of the already worst performing specs in mythic raiding, spec that also has significant weaknesses like lack of mobility so top guilds were already saying they see no reason to bring DKs to mythic Odyn etc.

So yeah, except outlaw and unholy I'd say fury atm performs more consistent than arms unless you have good legendaries for arms, locks were saying at start of legion destro is gonna be the go to spec and better invest into it just to find out demo is often better in raiding environment, elemental shamans having their hopes up during pre-patch only to see themselves so weak into legion literally they were the ONLY ranged class not recruited by guilds and generally switching to enhance / resto / rerolling to a different class, so that leaves how many classes with multiple dps specs that didn't have any form of rollercoaster?

Druid and hunter, but can't say the communities of those 2 classes are satisfied with the state of their dps specs.

Tbh people don't have much faith in Blizzard's class development team because except mage and windwalker monk I can't exactly find a dps class that you'd say is really designed well. There's a lot of clunkiness and unfun injected here and there. Even tanks and healers are a hit and miss, some are decent but for example the whole fiasco of brewmaster monk shows that reworking for the sake of reworking often brings more disappointment than excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    It's fucking hilarious isn't it. It took literally 3 months for Ele/DK to get even a RESPONSE. Yet mages freak out that 1 of their specs goes down a bit while the others skyrocket and blizz essentially has people working overtime to ensure the mage community that it will be ok and address their concerns... and this is coming from someone who rerolled mage.
    Shaman feels like they've been ignored for years.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    For many years ferals and ele shamans were 2 specs with blatant scaling problems that every patch they had to be buffed to compensate. Did anyone remember passive named "shamanism" that gave you spell power and every patch "shamanism" was being buffed?

How come they managed to fix feral at some point but never elemental?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    For many years ferals and ele shamans were 2 specs with blatant scaling problems that every patch they had to be buffed to compensate. Did anyone remember passive named "shamanism" that gave you spell power and every patch "shamanism" was being buffed?

How come they managed to fix feral at some point but never elemental?
    Elemental felt really good in Wrath, though. I think Draenor was pretty decent, too?
    I suppose it feels really solid now: It's just really lacking in the DPS and Utility... I think the removal of Totems may have cause that issue and they haven't adjusted it well, though? Hmm...

Well... Without getting to far into it...
    I rather think Feral feels more Rogue-ish than what they did to Rogues this expansion.

Mages being nerfed, doesn't really surprise me.. .But the things Blizzards nerfs, posts, and gets backlash on, then changes because of the backlash is rather silly, considering they only seem to do it for the FOTM classes, and never the classes that do need adjusting?

I mean, I could make the same argument for Overwatch, Starcraft, and Diablo. They seem to be doing the same treatment for each one of their games?

Maybe I'm looking to deeply.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    This needs an illustration, because we are in the mage thread and tons of mages seem genuinely surprised that the rest of the classes get treated much worse than them ("let them eat cake").

Elementals just want dialogue, part 2 - (part 2!)

Started less than a month ago, got 1752 posts. Contains numerous lengthy posts with math and suggestions. Contains tons of links to other such posts.

Got two blue posts. Prepared? Here they are:

Blue 1: "This thread was extended earlier - so we shouldn't have to worry about it capping out anymore. I've also gathered concerns from this thread (among others) and sent them to the development team with a round of questions on our goals/philosophy for Elemental. Once I hear back from them I'll share what I can. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!" --- this was Ornyx, on October 22. Let's see if he heard anything from the devs and shared "what he can" since then. Perhaps that's in blue 2.

Blue 2: "Have a good weekend! " --- LOL, guess not.

The end.

Same happens in the mega-thread for rogues, and in other mega-threads. Ornyx comes and says something like "Hang on there, boys, I sent everything to the devs, when I hear something back I will share it" - and that's the end of it. The "hearing something back and sharing it" does not happen.

Play affliction and you'll know what being ignored feels like. It's unreal.

The communication with the DH's are a sh1t too, 6 comments in 2 months, saying that the devs are movin' to the DH forum...and still nothing.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't be doing that. You'll get banned from the forum and if people keep doing it, it may be permanent.
    Is getting banned from a forum in which you clearly aren't being acknowledged in the first place really that much of an issue?
    Maybe it's just me, but running the risk of being banned, because you are trying to bring attention to the fact that your feedback is being ignored by the people who design a game around making it a fun experience for players, is well worth the risk.
    The saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." exists for a reason.

I personally have no side here, I couldn't really care less if people actually do that or not. I just know that playing by the rules only applies if the other person is actually playing the same game.

lol @ mages crying when they are nerfed. Mages are always, always on the top. If Fire gets badly nerfed, mages don't have to worry because at least one of their specs are top tier dps. Unholy dks have been ignored this entire expansion so far. No explanation from blizz, no blue posts about our current status nothing. A mage player posts a thread which starts with "you guys are idiots" and it gets attention from blizz 10 hours later!?!? You can almost tell which specs most devs play, the favoritism is way out of hand. All they wanna do is fix the classes THEY play. If that's not unprofessional I don't know what is. Let's all post our grevience threads in the mage forum from now on, maybe that's the only way we get their attention...

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    lol @ mages crying when they are nerfed. Mages are always, always on the top. If Fire gets badly nerfed, mages don't have to worry because at least one of their specs are top tier dps. Unholy dks have been ignored this entire expansion so far. No explanation from blizz, no blue posts about our current status nothing. A mage player posts a thread which starts with "you guys are idiots" and it gets attention from blizz 10 hours later!?!? You can almost tell which specs most devs play, the favoritism is way out of hand. All they wanna do is fix the classes THEY play. If that's not unprofessional I don't know what is. Let's all post our grevience threads in the mage forum from now on, maybe that's the only way we get their attention...

Fire mages at this point are getting attention because they have so many people playing them. Here is the problem if you are Blizzard. You want to nerf fire so that the representation is more spread out, but you set up a system that makes it harder than it normally would for those people to swap specs. No one wants all of that time spent to now be worthless, I don't care what class or spec you play. I'll bet you their major concern after the backlash is that because of the legendaries, general gearing, and AP investment that people are going to just bail rather than essentially start over. That is the major problem with Artifacts, whether AK makes it easier on another weapon or not, most people don't want to spend time doing it again on another weapon after being assured by Blizzard that this wouldn't be a problem.

Once again we are seeing that Blizzard dropped the ball on class balance and design in Alpha/Beta. What makes this worse is the amount of effort people need to put into weapons, not to mention the luck factor of legendaries.

I hate to say it, but the bulk of you bashing mages make arguments that span from silly to outright stupid.

1. "Mages have always been good! They deserve to be bad!"
    - Well, I hate to break it to you, but Arcane is bursting up to 700k at an ~865 item level on the PTR. Hell, even a Glacial Spike Frost Mage spec can burst up to 600k at the same it level, and both specs can sustain roughly 450k-500k given procs, crits, etc. So, if you're waiting for mages to fall off, you're all in for a rude awakening. The reason why the class community is up in arms is because the majority of the community leveled as Fire and invested literally all of their AP into their weapon. When the majority of the community has almost level 35 weapons, you can't expect them to be happy about possibly having to start over? A 20%+ damage nerf in an expansion where playing multiple specs simply isn't as efficient for the Heroic+ raider is mind blowing. All of you would be feeling the exact same way.
    - Another thing to keep in mind is that mages are a pure class. This means that, yes, they should be near the top with at least one spec in PvE encounters. The same goes for hunters, rogue, and warlocks. The devs have a job to balance classes as much as possible, but have any of you ever asked why the four pure classes don't have as much utility as the rest of the DPS specs? Could it be because the majority of their design is centered around doing damage?!? A crazy thought. And before anyone says anything, I'm all for warlock, hunter, and rogue buffs so that at least one of the specs is top 5 in PvE.

2. "They get the most love from devs! Look at the replies!!"
    - The replies from a CM who admittedly plays the class are the only replies we've received all expansion compared to the multiple replies other classes have gotten. This has already been pointed out earlier in the thread.

All in all, the bias is hilarious. I understand that everyone wants their class to be the best. I get that everyone feels shafted when their class doesn't get the treatment they feel they deserve, but lord have mercy, this fire nerf stands to hurt a lot of players due to the AP system, and if it sticks, will be the biggest, most ridiculous nerf since Demonology got nerfed in HFC, and said nerf would still be considered the worst in WoW's history.

TL;DR - get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    The very first page had a comment about 'gypsies' having a 'thievery culture' so I knew this thread was gonna be a ride. Didn't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Fire mages at this point are getting attention because they have so many people playing them. Here is the problem if you are Blizzard. You want to nerf fire so that the representation is more spread out, but you set up a system that makes it harder than it normally would for those people to swap specs. No one wants all of that time spent to now be worthless, I don't care what class or spec you play. I'll bet you their major concern after the backlash is that because of the legendaries, general gearing, and AP investment that people are going to just bail rather than essentially start over. That is the major problem with Artifacts, whether AK makes it easier on another weapon or not, most people don't want to spend time doing it again on another weapon after being assured by Blizzard that this wouldn't be a problem.

Once again we are seeing that Blizzard dropped the ball on class balance and design in Alpha/Beta. What makes this worse is the amount of effort people need to put into weapons, not to mention the luck factor of legendaries.
    Yeah, you're exactly right. That's why I'm pissed as an unholy player who put all my time and reasources into unholy since legion launch. Now we are the third worst mythic dps spec in the game, but because of legendaries, time spent and my preference in the spec, I didn't dump it to play frost. This is a big problem from blizz, they set up the most alt unfriendly iteration of the game ever and people WILL just quit instead of rerolling. That's their problem. It could easily be fixed with a little common sense balancing between ALL classes in the game. But because of blizzards favoritism, that simply won't happen. The devs are buffing up every spec they play and leaving the rest to wither and die in the doldrums of unviability. It's pathetic really. Legion is starting to become the shitshow that some people predicted ever since beta was launched. It's got excellent content, but it's the little major things like spec, gear, rng and legendary balance that is slowly killing this game.
    Last edited by 0verdose; 2016-11-18 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Yeah, you're exactly right. That's why I'm pissed as an unholy player who put all my time and reasources into unholy since legion launch. Now we are the third worst mythic dps spec in the game, but because of legendaries, time spent and my preference in the spec, I didn't dump it to play frost. This is a big problem from blizz, they set up the most alt unfriendly iteration of the game ever and people WILL just quit instead of rerolling. That's their problem. It could easily be fixed with a little common sense balancing between ALL classes in the game. But because of blizzards favoritism, that simply won't happen. The devs are buffing up every spec they play and leaving the rest to wither and die in the doldrums of unviability. It's pathetic really. Legion is starting to become the shitshow that some people predicted ever since beta was launched. It's got excellent content, but it's the little major things like spec, gear, rng and legendary balance that is slowly killing this game.
    Wouldn't say that on the buffing part. Several play fire mages and they just got the big ole nerf stick lol. The rest I agree with though.

Butthurt mages. Meanwhile warlocks overall are fucked an in need of some changes.

Deleted
    Hey all you classes saying you get nothing.

Try be a freaking unholy DK. Worst scaling, worst ST in the entire game, absolutely ignored in PTR besides a little nerf to bracers.

What we got in this entire expansion was a 2% overall increase to our ST through death coil. Can you really say you got less along with being the worst on meters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Butthurt mages. Meanwhile warlocks overall are fucked an in need of some changes.
    Sigh, this nonsense again? You might not like the play style but DPS was you are fine on 2 of your 3 specs. Destruction needs some love though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Sigh, this nonsense again? You might not like the play style but DPS was you are fine on 2 of your 3 specs. Destruction needs some love though.
    Affliction ST dmg is bot 3 out of all classes, the only time they shine is when they get to pad. It has 0 burst, ihas the longest ramp up time bar none (MAYBE spriest, but they take over in dmg like a mofo later on, aff doesnt).

Check ursoc, nythrenda etc logs.

Destro prob has the weakest ST in the entire game if it cant pad with cleave destro bolts. And it has shit aoe dmg aswell.

Demo has good ST dmg but is a turret and 1 movement will ruin you.

Yeah Warlocks are really great.

Deleted
    So as expected this turns into a "wah wah my class first blizzard its the worst"

Warlocks or mages just stop with the entitled whining. No one deserves to be top 3 just because you are playing that class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Affliction ST dmg is bot 3 out of all classes, the only time they shine is when they get to pad. It has 0 burst, ihas the longest ramp up time bar none (MAYBE spriest, but they take over in dmg like a mofo later on, aff doesnt).

Check ursoc, nythrenda etc logs.

Destro prob has the weakest ST in the entire game if it cant pad with cleave destro bolts. And it has shit aoe dmg aswell.

Demo has good ST dmg but is a turret and 1 movement will ruin you.

Yeah Warlocks are really great.

So everyone says that, which class is it then? Unholy, destro, elemental, frost, MM? So many "the worst" specs at the same time, pretty funny
    Guess people like to talk out of their ass when they say "my class is the worst" right?

Deleted
    His specialty is for the mage section, give the guy/gal/thing praise for actually doing a good job.

Although, it does kind of shine a light on where the heck the other class designers are.

O'wait, warlock one got fired, ooops.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful-Bal View Post
    His specialty is for the mage section, give the guy/gal/thing praise for actually doing a good job.

Although, it does kind of shine a light on where the heck the other class designers are.

O'wait, warlock one got fired, ooops.
    If you put it like this, then there's no one similar for sections of other classes.