Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    Considering every agi melee got their crit nerfed, and we'd already entered 40+% crit in the first damn tier of the expansion, i'd say a 5% drop in crit is warranted. In Tomb we could end up with 70+% crit, and imagine how silly that'd be for DH?
    That's not how secondary stats work in legion.... why do you think its so eazy to get 50% crit this expansion, so early in ?? They changed how secondary stats give. They start to diminish really fast from around 45% or 10k rating whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    Great, did you see Chaos Blade getting buffed? No? Then you're literally wasting words.
    Did you see the future? No? Then your words are wasted. See it can be done both ways.

All the changes for the patch aren't even up. Some classes still have talent updates, baseline additions, and heck the secondary stat adjustments aren't even up. So really the point being made at the moment is dumb since it's using old data.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Did you see the future? No? Then your words are wasted. See it can be done both ways.

All the changes for the patch aren't even up. Some classes still have talent updates, baseline additions, and heck the secondary stat adjustments aren't even up. So really the point being made at the moment is dumb since it's using old data.
    Thanks, Nostradumbass, but we can't really have a discussion about future changes, can we?
    disco inferno

If it's a 60% increase currently, halving the bonus it gives you means 30%. Whether or not that's compensated for elsewhere is one thing and irrelevant to the discussion of a single legendary, but this one is basic math. It's not a 30% dps decrease, it means a legendary that once gave you a 60% bonus now only gives 30%..
    Please link proof that live version is a 60% DPS increase...

10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ the people who think the ring gives 60% increased single target

At best looking at damage increase on sims for running Anger is a 15% DPS increase and that is being a bit generous. I believe the fury generation of it is being halved so it will move down to a 7% DPS increase
    Last edited by Oracle; 2016-11-17 at 12:51 AM.

I personally sim at 40k less when I've swapped out my giant ring, which is around 10%....

Still a big increase, but no where near the figure some people are pulling out of their arse.
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

If you need logs to know that halving the bonus from a legendary will lower your dps, I don't know what you're doing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    At best looking at damage increase on sims for running Anger is a 15% DPS increase and that is being a bit generous. I believe the fury generation of it is being halved so it will move down to a 7% DPS increase
    It sims at 10% single target not 15%.

They did more than halve it. It provides 1-20 fury with dblades on live (its bugged and should provide 1-12). On the PTR it gives 1-6.

They should of just fixed the bug, but probably didn't even know it existed (despite it being reported).

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    lol @ the people who think the ring gives 60% increased single target
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Please link proof that live version is a 60% DPS increase...
    You guys know the word "if" which is used in that sentence for an assumption?

Example sentence: If I could fly, it would be amazing.

Would you reply to this with "Show me the proof that you can fly" or "lol @ the people who think they can fly"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cersee View Post
    It sims at 10% single target not 15%.

They did more than halve it. It provides 1-20 fury with dblades on live (its bugged and should provide 1-12). On the PTR it gives 1-6.

They should of just fixed the bug, but probably didn't even know it existed (despite it being reported).
    I said "at best 15% and that is being a bit generous"... implying that I am overvaluing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naojirou View Post
    You guys know the word "if" which is used in that sentence for an assumption?
    except for the fact people claiming >100k dps reduction Live vs PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Kib View Post
    I have a subpar brain, but Live (1233111) -> PTR (2221111) is 1% damage lost currently.

Have a nice day
    are you sure ?

Too add some data to my post, I did some testing with the ring on live servers and PTR:

http://imgur.com/a/nnj5O

On live servers the ring is currently providing 1-20 fury per demon blades proc. This is of course bugged, as the tooltip states it should generate 1-12 fury per proc.

On PTR servers the ring is currently providing 1-6 fury per demon blades proc.

Overall the raw fury gain from the ring was nerfed by 67% from live.

Like I said, i think they should just fix the bug, and have it generate 1-12 fury per demon blades proc, and leave it at 1-20 per demons bite use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
    How can an increse in Fury generation ever be causing you to do less DPS (unless you're purposefully failing your rotation just to self-assess in your doomsaying).
    Please stop using drugs

Too add some data to my post, I did some testing with the ring on live servers and PTR:

http://imgur.com/a/nnj5O

On live servers the ring is currently providing 1-20 fury per demon blades proc. This is of course bugged, as the tooltip states it should generate 1-12 fury per proc.

On PTR servers the ring is currently providing 1-6 fury per demon blades proc.

Overall the raw fury gain from the ring was nerfed by 67% from live.

Like I said, i think they should just fix the bug, and have it generate 1-12 fury per demon blades proc, and leave it at 1-20 per demons bite use.
    If I've learned one thing after all these years of patches, it's that changes are rarely made in moderation.

"Nerf it 40% and adjust?"

Instead is

"Nerf is 70% and if the public outcry isn't literally calling for our heads, that's what we'll keep it at."

Well after doing my own testing on live and PTR I came up with my results. I have the ring + belt. I'm 7/7M. Usually pull 98%+ parses, many top 50 parses.

On dummy in IF (raider dummy) I chose this one because there are no other dummies next to it to get extra dmg from cleave, so pure ST. On Live after 5 min fight (so 2 metas) I pulled in Details 469k. This was with 1 potion of old war pre potting. I didn't bother using a second. I just wanted to make conditions the same each 5 min fight.

On PTR using demon's blades I pulled 358k, same conditions. Using prepared (which I messed up the opener pretty good cause not used to spamming demon's bite) I pulled 369k (pretty sure this could have been better, by how much im not sure, didn't bother trying again cause I hate prepared.)

Using a demonic build with first blood, Nemisis - I pulled 348k, wasnt to far behind, but omg it was boring. There might have been tweaks to use on this build that could have possibly made it better, but I don't see it becoming the build.

Just my own results. About 100-110k depending dps loss from Live.

Classic Blizzard. Kicking a spec that is already on the ground @ LAWL

10+ Year Old Account
    Did some more testing and felblade feels amazing to use, never feels like i'm fury starved. Does a fair amount of damage also.
    Fel Eruption 2 million hits!

Deleted
    The overall nerf is reduced to 15-17% by using 2221211 build. (felblade, first blood, fel eruption, chaos blades and master of glaive).

We re still way behind live though and this is with ring nerf by 67%. small buff to ring and felblade as chaos dmg would solve it. and for dh baseline without ring .. Well they need slight ly better regen.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    With so many tears about this ring, mostly because of not getting it, this nerf is kinda what casuals/raiders cry for at forums.

None cried about not getting TF, Hand of Rag or Ateish back in the days. The difference is the players.
    Yah right, no one left their guild because they were not the one choosen for those legendary. Yeah right.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Felblade
    Demon Blades
    First Blood
    Soul Rending
    Fel Eruption
    Master Of Glaive
    Chaos Blades

Never ever fury starved and feels like i'm fury capped 90 % of the time. Felblade reset is very high and worth using over fel rush. Removed Fel Rush from my bar since it's not worth using anymore.
    Fel Eruption hits like a truck, 2+ million hits with Chaos Blades.

I do have the legendary ring also.
    Need to do some proper live testing, but hitting 360k dps without metamorphisis. Which is a 5-10% decrease in ST dps.