Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'm willing to bet the number of people who pirated the game is insignificant compared to the number of people who will buy it. So "putting it on the eshop is just asking to get hacked" is pretty retarded considering how convenient the eshop is for MANY customers.
    Games go up on the servers long before they are released, the demo was out 2 weeks ago which means the games were uploaded then. The fact that hackers are capable of getting the game from the servers and distributing it illegally weeks before a game is due out should be a wake-up call to Nintendo not to upload these games so far in advance. Heck, games available for pre-download should only be available 24 or 48 hours before release, not two weeks.

And my understanding is that the modded 3DS scene is a drop in the bucket compared to the DS because the system is no longer exploitable as it used to be, one of the system updates earlier this year blocked the most common and easy to do hacks and now there is only one method with the highest risk of bricking the system.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2016-11-18 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    guys if you are from europe and dont want to wait anymore reset your 3ds or new 3ds to day 1 and choose australia as land and then pay with your creditcard gg
    And get banned for doing that?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...d-moon-version

Rumor: third version getting a release on the Nintendo Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...d-moon-version

Rumor: third version getting a release on the Nintendo Switch.
    Bet the inevitable Diamond/Pearl remake will be a Switch game too.

I tried running a Nuzlocke but Ilima destroyed that immediately. Was running a Magnemite, Pikpek, and Rowlet and her Smeargle just happened to have Ember. Even against Pikipek, its Tackle did 70% of my Pikipek's health per attack. And my entire team was a level above hers.

In fact I've noticed several of the fights right at the beginning throw you right into the furnace with the trainer battles.

Interestingly the easiest part of the entire game so far, for me, was Ilima's trial. They give you Brick Break inside the cave, and somehow Pikipek can learn it, so I just rocked all the Ratatta and Raticates with it.

Also Ilima being a male was a bit of a surprise to me. I'm sure that him being very feminine looking was intentional, but I found that bit funny in an unexpected way.

Is the game challenging at all? X & Y felt like a game a toddler could beat.
    What's the end-game like?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    If you turn XP Share off it can be difficult, the game throws some pokemon normally reserved for mid late game pretty early on.

Hm... to evolve my Litten into Torracat and never evolve it into that horrid Inceninrorar, or to go all the way with Robin Hoot... which starter to pick...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hm... to evolve my Litten into Torracat and never evolve it into that horrid Inceninrorar, or to go all the way with Robin Hoot... which starter to pick...
    I always start with the grass pokemon, guess I will do the same this time round. Still have to wait for release though... sigh why they hate europe (south africa falls under europe) I dont know.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I tried running a Nuzlocke but Ilima destroyed that immediately. Was running a Magnemite, Pikpek, and Rowlet and her Smeargle just happened to have Ember. Even against Pikipek, its Tackle did 70% of my Pikipek's health per attack. And my entire team was a level above hers.

In fact I've noticed several of the fights right at the beginning throw you right into the furnace with the trainer battles.

Interestingly the easiest part of the entire game so far, for me, was Ilima's trial. They give you Brick Break inside the cave, and somehow Pikipek can learn it, so I just rocked all the Ratatta and Raticates with it.

Also Ilima being a male was a bit of a surprise to me. I'm sure that him being very feminine looking was intentional, but I found that bit funny in an unexpected way.
    Pretty sure his Smeargle has one ability to counter your starter. He had Water Gun and I picked Litten . One thing I like thus far is how the game is actually less of a complete face roll, you can't just cheese a lot of trainers and the leaders like you could in previous games. They know how to counter you, but a lot of generic Pokemon trainers won't go for killing and will try to debuff you instead, however the leaders will actually use tactics to beat you. Nearly lost the first grand trial because the guy had fighting types and my bird type wasn't high enough level and my Kadabra still hadn't learned any attacks, not to mention Mankey has Pursuit so he OTK's it when I try to withdraw Kadabra for another monster at the start of the fight.

Dammit, Amazon. They delivered early for once. My copy is sitting in my apartment office... Which closed early today. BAH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we talk about how damn cute Rowlet is?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    More challenging yes, but you start with a butt ton more money and have to use a lot more potions because of the ramped up AI difficulty on more of the advanced trainers, like the grand trial leaders as well as the trial captains. A lot of trainers can be zerged down though, depending on how many different types you get early on, you can pretty well create a party where you have at least one monster to counter a leader at any time, and EXP share makes keeping something near the level of the rest of your party will make it easier to level it up if you need it for a major fight. The rival is a complete push over though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early on, there's a lot of status effects you can't fix. Wingull using Supersonic and Slowpoke using Yawn. Wild battles so far are harder than they used to be. Just hoping I can get an XP share of some kind soon.

You definitely get the exp share early on, so no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Can we talk about how damn cute Rowlet is?
    Rowlet internet's newest waifu confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Rowlet internet's newest waifu confirmed.
    Hey, I'm not into birds, but I'd get a Rowlet body pillow in a heartbeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is there a good place to trade off stuff for the other 2 starters? I used to take day and do this myself with 2 copies of the games but CBA to do that and my kid would be crushed if I had to 'borrow' her copy for a day. She's been so patient waiting on this one, I'd feel like scum.

Rowlet FTW. But damn I want Litten too. Poplio...well i guess I have to for completion right?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Hey, I'm not into birds, but I'd get a Rowlet body pillow in a heartbeat.
    Considering its size and shape wouldn't it make for a better throw pillow?

Love the game so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.