Thread: 7.1.5 BM Nerfs

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    Don't get why some people assume complexity/challenge/hardcore equals having fun with a videogame...
    Nor do I understand why people who mash buttons feel their spec is more "complex" than others. We have enough buttons to press, we just have down time equivalent to cast times other class specs have, so it's six of one, half dozen of the other.

I was just hoping for a small BM buff.. so even the class wide crit nerf is upsetting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosgatt View Post
    I was just hoping for a small BM buff.. so even the class wide crit nerf is upsetting
    This -5% crit its for all Agility users. This can be a ground to return where Agility gives crit aswell like before to boost weight of Agility stat or simply not

Crit is underpowered for 2/3 of the hunter specs, I'm going to guess that the crit nerf is an attempt to fix secondaries by making crit relatively more valuable. 25% crit rate from gear is more valuable if you have 5% crit rather than 10%. I'm guessing we'll see some sort of baseline damage buff in the works.

Well said man. Completely agree (I'm one of those millions that love it).
    Millions lol.

Don't get why some people assume complexity/challenge/hardcore equals having fun with a videogame...
    Don't get why some people are having fun with such simple gameplay. Even phone games are more complex.

Deleted
    I have played BM/MM/Enhancement shaman they are all really simple.. the mechanics are what should make the raids fun/interesting.. I love being able to pull of my rotation while being mobile as MM but BM especially. I couldn't imagine playing survival in say TOV atm vs Odyn.. with tons of sh1t flying around trying to keep up all my dots and get the most out of mongoose bite.. constantly having to switch targets... doesn't spell fun to me.. more buttons to press does not necessary = fun

That said I am surprised they didn't buff BM a bit prior to this upcoming patch just going of logs/sims BM is not in a great spot.. it's not what I see on live but I am in an above average guild.. not top tier one.. But I would still like to see

A hati damage buff/speed increase
    Dire beast/stomp stack to 3
    blink strikes base line
    dire frenzy to be far superior at ST vs stomp
    Titans thunder to work on pet summoned after you press it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    I believe it simplyneeds a buff. If you dont like the gameplay youshould switch.
    I'm sure after months of farming AP he will do it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Even phone games are more complex.
    Ridiculous hyperbole doesn't help you make your case. In any event, if you can't accept the fact that some people prefer X spec over Y spec (for any reason they deem appropriate), then I'm sorry you're so dense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    I'm sure after months of farming AP he will do it in a heartbeat.
    Should take about a week to level up a new weapon at high AK (which everyone should have by this point).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Ridiculous hyperbole doesn't help you make your case. In any event, if you can't accept the fact that some people prefer X spec over Y spec (for any reason they deem appropriate), then I'm sorry you're so dense.

- - - Updated - - -

Should take about a week to level up a new weapon at high AK (which everyone should have by this point).
    I'm not talking strict numbers. I have only invested in BM on my hunter since launch and I sure like hell would not even consider starting from square 1 with, say, SV. AK has little to do with that, all the weeks spent empowering that one spec do.

Just 3 things would make bm shine again.
    1) Bm lacks cleave damage: solution chimera shot.
    2) Implement Dire Beast charge mechanic.
    3) Improvement on pet AI, hati's movement speed.

No tuning, no talent revamp needed besides above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayagurcu View Post
    1) Bm lacks cleave damage: solution chimera shot.
    2) Implement Dire Beast charge mechanic.
    3) Improvement on pet AI, hati's movement speed.

No tuning, no talent revamp needed besides above.
    BM lacks cleave ???

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    I'm not talking strict numbers. I have only invested in BM on my hunter since launch and I sure like hell would not even consider starting from square 1 with, say, SV. AK has little to do with that, all the weeks spent empowering that one spec do.
    But that's the point...AK makes "starting from square one" really easy. You can get a new weapon up to snuff extremely quickly when you're AK15. You lose very little of your investment in BM because of how AK scales up.

Where the problem really arises is with gear and even more so legendaries. If you have a spec-specific legendary, you really take a hit by changing specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayagurcu View Post
    1) Bm lacks cleave damage
    I stopped here.

Quote Originally Posted by Teuq View Post
    BM lacks cleave ???
    Yes, as odd as it might sound BM is one of the worst cleave specs in the game at higher item levels. Consistent cleave does not always mean good cleave. BM is mediocre at best even with full cleave build of blink strikes,volley, stampede and beast cleave relics. The only realistic and efficient way of playing BM for raiding or M+ is the single target build with either legendary bracer or belt. This build includes stomp,bestial fury,crows,killer cobra with full jaws of thunder and or pack leader relics. Don't bother playing BM if you don't have legendary bracer or belt as it's a complete waste of time. If you are running some sort of cleave build as BM you are simply gimping your M+ or raid team.

The main problem with beast cleave it scales horribly and requires targets to be grip stacked for it to do any damage. Even then it's a slow burn cleave with no burst. Just about every spec in the game has higher potential for burst cleave which is all that matters.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-11-19 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Yes, as odd as it might sound BM is one of the worst cleave specs in the game at higher item levels. Consistent cleave does not always mean good cleave. BM is mediocre at best even with full cleave build of blink strikes,volley, stampede and beast cleave relics. The only realistic and efficient way of playing BM for raiding or M+ is the single target build with either legendary bracer or belt. This build includes stomp,bestial fury,crows,killer cobra with full jaws of thunder and pack leader relics. Don't bother playing BM if you don't have legendary bracer or belt as it's a complete waste of time. If you are running some sort of cleave build as BM you are simply gimping your M+ or raid team.

The main problem with beast cleave it scales horribly and requires targets to be grip stacked for it to do any damage. Even then it's a slow burn cleave with no burst. Just about every spec in the game has higher potential for burst cleave which is all that matters.
    What? You must be doing something wrong. I spam high level keys daily and my aoe damage is fantastic. Scales great.

What? You must be doing something wrong. I spam high level keys daily and my aoe damage is fantastic. Scales great.
    Fantastic in your mind and among the bad players you group with maybe. Also what you consider high level keys is probably low to me. If you are completing 15+ on time consistently you would be smart enough to know a BM cleave build is horrible for high end M+.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-11-19 at 05:47 PM.

Fantastic in your mind and among the bad players you group with maybe. Also what you consider high level keys is probably low to me. If you are completing 15+ on time consistently you would be smart enough to know a BM cleave build is horrible for high end M+.
    Okay whatever you say buddy. Your delusions don't affect my fantastic DPS.

Okay whatever you say buddy. Your delusions don't affect my fantastic DPS.
    Have you done a 15+ on time? Don't get me wrong there is a place for the brain dead cleave build and that's casual play 1-10 which is fine.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-11-19 at 06:19 PM.

Have you done a 15+ time? Don't get me wrong there is a place for the brain dead cleave build and that's casual play 1-10 which is fine. Just don't go around giving people bad advice on what you clearly know nothing about.
    Okay buddy, sure, whatever you say.

Deleted
    The way I understand it cleave is pretty much doing normal single target rotation but splashing down other mobs at the same time.. like MM.. enhance shaman

BM AOE is great but it's not really cleave.. if you have important targets you need to down fast you can't really spam MS/stomp because he wont die fast enough

I don't consider it a problem because Bm burst with Cds is very high..

When I get mythic teams together I build around BM weakness anyway.. long silence CD/lack of decent stuns etc