Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    healers shouldn't even be allowed in pvp in the first place. should be entirely banned from it.
    That would be brutal. In every single RBG I allowed myself to be dragged into, there was one tactic and one tactic only: kill the healers, mop up after. With healer gone the sky would fall immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Certainly more balanced than most of WoW, I remember seeing a lot of Private Server tournaments held on WotLK patches for this reason.
    That's not the reason at all why private servers (especially insant lvl cap ones) sticked to wrath, it had more to do with stability, bugs etc. + for each wow client above 3.3.5a you have to make a crack.

On topic:
    Wotlk was kinda ok, you still had many speccs which were simply unplayable. When 3.3 came out it gor really unbalanced with Shadowmourne.

IMHO MoP was the most balanced one (in comparison with any other xpac)

Deleted
    Ah yes, Wrath, when Resto druids could jump around as a tree with three people hacking and slashing and they hardly broke a sweat.

When Rogues and Mages were kings and queens of PvP (oh wait, they always are).

When you were cc'd for days because CC lasted longer and they didn't share across the way they do now.

When you could burst down people in seconds.

Wrath had some good sides to it, but it wasn't all good.

Wotlk was never even close to "balanced", you just have forgotten how bad it was. There has never been a class as op as 3.0 DKs.

I have fond memories of my 5v5 team from that era. It was a collaboration from all the top PVPers in the top guilds in my server at the time.
    DK, Ret Pally, Arms warrior, resto shaman, and rotated druid/priest/pally healers.

All 3 melee had a Shadowmourne and all the healers also had the ulduar legendary mace.

It was pretty retarded, pop bloodlust, people just died in seconds most of the time. I do think WOTLK PVP felt pretty good overall but it definitely wasn't perfectly balanced.

WoTLK was not perfect but if you are saying that it was the best WoW balancing we had in an expansion.. I would say yes. (I missed most of Cata and MoP though, so if those could be better for all I know)

10+ Year Old Account
    I pwned my arena-geared pvp-experienced rogue friend in WOTLK with my frost mage in blues (without much experience on my part, aside from leveling it).
    So yeah, at least that wasn't balanced
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    PvP was perfect, in arenas you could find any combo, any class, any spec. They were all awesome in a way or another.
    If you ever felt weak, there was surely a way to customize your gaming to rock the situations.
    With any class, with any spec, you just had to find the best team to rule arenas.

PvP was hardcore, you could feel the BOOM. HP bars were going up and down like crazy.
    Healers were real healers.
    Your impact in bgs were impressive, hps was higher than dps, you were loved and carried like an healer should be... but now healing has been tremendously weakened since then. Guess why there are so few healers atm?

CC wasnt so oppressive. Casting classes were more free and not everyone had something to fucking stop you.

Please BLIZZARD bring back that gaming time experience. PvP never felt better since then.
    Let me guess, you played an OP spec and enjoyed 2 shotting people easily?

Wotlk was the most imbalanced era of PvP even when you exclude DKs from the list, Mages could literally kill anyone without casting a single Frostbolt (Ice Lance spam + insane mobility + every PvP tool put in Frost spec), rogues were countering 90% of casters, paladins dealing insane damage while having insane survival cds and warriors stacking ARP over str to cleave through your armor like nothing.

And lets not forget Chimera Shot insanity that lasted for months before getting nerfed but then Explosive Shot got buffed in same patch and everyone switched to Survival to enjoy the FOTM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    resto druids
    rmp
    double melee with shadowmourne
    double melee with shadowmourne and DBW
    double healer shadowmourne warriors with dbw and healers with baubles
    DFO
    prot paladins
    arp prot warriors/hunters
    double healer 3s
    prot pala healers

this is just off the top of my head. melee absolutely trumped casters and only lost to good rmps.

so if this is the most balanced era of pvp, i feel bad for pvp.
    Season 8, by far the longest season and probably what everyone thinks about when you refer to wotlk, was not melee dominant at all. It was wizards everywhere. Ele/Destro was dumb. Aff/Spriest was dumb. MLD was dumb. Other than a few TSG with stupid amounts of pve gear, the only melee I really ever saw was warriors playing ele/warrior and WLD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Mages could literally kill anyone without casting a single Frostbolt (Ice Lance spam + insane mobility + every PvP tool put in Frost spec)
    I didn't play Mage. I hate mages. But this is simply nonsense. Maybe you're thinking of cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    Ah yes, Wrath, when Resto druids could jump around as a tree with three people hacking and slashing and they hardly broke a sweat.
    And have them selfkilling via my thornes.... ahhh god old days

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    WoTLK was not perfect but if you are saying that it was the best WoW balancing we had in an expansion.. I would say yes. (I missed most of Cata and MoP though, so if those could be better for all I know)
    Cata was okay other than how strong locks and resto shamans were. And rogues in the last season. (Damn legendaries!).

MOP was an utter fuckfest that I shudder when I think about. By far the worst for pvp. BY FAR.

Deleted
    Wotlk has been absolutely fun pvp-wise but it has never been balanced.

on 2s:
    RDruid-DK
    RDruid-Anything
    HPal-DK (or Anything-DK )

on 3s:
    RMPs everywhere
    WLD(or Rogue-Lock-Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    I didn't play Mage. I hate mages. But this is simply nonsense. Maybe you're thinking of cataclysm.
    I didnt make this up, the guys who were making World of Roguecraft videos from way back since vanilla did new vids on most OP classes back then in Wotlk and they showed an average geared mage killing 90% of people without casting a single Frostbolt only instants, not sure if its still on youtube but its defo saved on warcraftmovies.

Basicly Kalgan or whoever the hell was in charge of class balance back then put way too much mobility, damage and other things into Frost spec and people even counted on buffs/debuffs/roots/snares etc Frost spec had and the conclusion was Frost spec had too much features while other specs didnt had 2 or 3 (Frost at one point even had healing debuff from Chilled)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shadowmurne +DBW full pvp gear with pve offparts??? Was it balanced?????? I dont think so.

I dont even mention ARMOR PENETRATION rating on warriors. Pvp was more bursty than today.
    God double shadowmourne comps............... dont wanna say more. Casters were getting nice rape in Wotlk too.
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2016-11-18 at 02:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    if eveyone is op, and everyone can kill anyone seems balanced to me Kappa

Deleted
    AH, good old 100% ARP days, so much fun 1 shot cloth class in BG with my MM hunter

Deleted
    Coz blizz ruins hunters and remove disc.
    Thats why its balance atm

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Yep, in WOTLK PvP was pretty balanced for a few classes.
    5v5 full boomkin team in WotLK

all hit treants and starfall, watch everything burn.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wanna say you are a troll, but wrath fans are also just really stupid...

Resto druids, ret palladins, DK's... blatently OP

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    PvP was perfect, in arenas you could find any combo, any class, any spec. They were all awesome in a way or another.
    If you ever felt weak, there was surely a way to customize your gaming to rock the situations.
    With any class, with any spec, you just had to find the best team to rule arenas.

PvP was hardcore, you could feel the BOOM. HP bars were going up and down like crazy.
    Healers were real healers.
    Your impact in bgs were impressive, hps was higher than dps, you were loved and carried like an healer should be... but now healing has been tremendously weakened since then. Guess why there are so few healers atm?

CC wasnt so oppressive. Casting classes were more free and not everyone had something to fucking stop you.

Please BLIZZARD bring back that gaming time experience. PvP never felt better since then.
    Look, I loved Wrath but balanced? No, it was not.