Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. Leftists cant even make logical arguments, especially in the political arena. And they will dismiss anyone's opinion that they disagree with, even to the point of trying to quiet them, or stop free speech from happening. They base their policy on getting low information voters to vote for them, and don't even try to do whats right for citizens as a whole.
    Yeah. It's very evident with Hillary Clinton and her base of voters. She completely ignored white working class voters. She doesn't give a single damn about them, and neither do the legions of SJW who voted for her.

Her campaign promised to break diversity history by electing the first female president, like that even matters. No one with a well-adjusted brain gives a shit. Her policies were lacking and she was corrupt to the core. It's embarassing to watch leftists go on and on about Trump supporters, yet they supported a candidate who greatly aided in destabilizing the middle east and causing so much wanton destruction.

Disgusting, to say the least.

Sounds to me like Twitter is cracking down on "hate speech" not alt-right users. Which is very likely written into the user agreement that every Twitter user agrees to when signing up for an account.

Right-wing conservatives seem confused when rules apply to them, too. Maybe try not saying hateful things and you'll get to keep your Twitter account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Our inability to come agreement on the correct answer dose not disprove the existence of one. a science of morality centered around avoiding harm would be just as objective as a science of medicine based on health. Can we perfectly define what is and is not healthy? No but that dose not make it vacuous.
    You can't come to an objective determination of a subjective concept like "harm".

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sounds to me like Twitter is cracking down on "hate speech" not alt-right users. Which is very likely written into the user agreement that every Twitter user agrees to when signing up for an account.

Right-wing conservatives seem confused when rules apply to them, too. Maybe try not saying hateful things and you'll get to keep your Twitter account.
    Then go ahead and explain this away:

http://voxday.blogspot.ca/2016/11/equality.html?m=1

I'd call you adorably ignorant if your behavior wasn't so destructive to society.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Oh so you are advocating for a society that takes away freedom of speech and thought. And you call anyone's opinion that you disagree with as "prejudice" and try to blast me as bigoted and any other SJW term you can throw at me.

Grow up. People have differing views, and its okay to have them.

Soon you people are going to think the same thing about incest and blast anyone who does not agree with it as "prejudice" or bigoted.

Where does it stop?
    There's plenty of opinions you could have in 1850 that weren't acceptable in 1950. Same thing here. Those types of opinions will no longer be acceptable as we move further into the future.

I know it can be hard to let go of the hate, especially if you were raised to think that way. After all, if you look at alt-right message boards today you'll see lots of anger towards things like interracial couples, jews, and all sorts of hate. It takes awhile for it to all go away.

So I suppose if you want to continue be hostile towards gays you can, but it will get harder. Eventually the only place you'll be able to do it are those alt-right forums.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2016-11-18 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    LGBTQIA folk (and other minorities) suffer discrimination majority groups do not.
    QIA? If they keep adding letters on, they will end up representing the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    This comes as no surprise. Twitter was a service nobody heard of in the US before its creators met with President Obama very early in his presidency. There's been a relationship with it and the far left from that point on. It's the perfect message vehicle for the Left, second only to the bumper sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    At this moment alt-right and hate speech are almost synonymous to eachother.
    Can we get a definition of hate speech outside of:

Speech that offends insert arbitrary group here based on insert arbitrary reason here
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    QIA? If they keep adding letters on, they will end up representing the majority.
    Queer, Intersex, Asexual. I can admit it's getting a tad cumbersome, I think GSM (Gender and Sexual Minorities) is neater because it covers everything but no one knows that. or just LGBT+

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can't come to an objective determination of a subjective concept like "harm".
    not right now but that's only because science has not advanced far enough. With more advanced information we can determin what really dose cause suffering or reduce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Nothing says equality like being a protected class. Also more amusing the amount of regressive leftists here that demand to be treated with kid gloves because they cannot defend their own ideas rationally, and want everything that they disagree with labelled as "hate speech"
    The day that right-wingers are getting dragged from trucks to their death, or beaten and left to die on a rural fence, we will talk about whether they too deserve to be a protected class.

The day that right-wingers stop bashing LGBT, we'll discuss removing their protected status.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Can we get a definition of hate speech outside of:

Speech that offends insert arbitrary group here based on insert arbitrary reason here
    Well the reasons that certain groups are protected and others are not is not arbitrary so yeah. Hate speech is speech which expresses hatred and incites violence/discrimination against classes which are protected due to the bigotry they face.

Good for these left leaning companies partaking in the same sort of discriminatory practices that were used against minorities. This will surely show those racist bigots their place, hiding in the background plotting their revenge.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    This comes as no surprise. Twitter was a service nobody heard of in the US before its creators met with President Obama very early in his presidency. There's been a relationship with it and the far left from that point on. It's the perfect message vehicle for the Left, second only to the bumper sticker.
    Just like Facebook is an alt-right propaganda tool for spreading false stories to push their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

Why should people bring up arguments when the motto of the far-right is "feelings over facts"?
    Why bring up arguments when you can instead make up random bullshit to suit your agenda?

The facts are that illegal immigrant minorities commit far more crime than whites, so deporting the ones that are illegal would be a great boon to the stability of the country. It's also a drain on the country to continue federally funding sanctuary cities that house criminals who should not even be in the country. But WAIT! That's something leftists oppose! Because of their FEELINGS!

[Infracted]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    There's plenty of opinions you could have in 1850 that weren't acceptable in 1950. Same thing here. Those types of opinions will no longer be acceptable as we move further into the future.

I know it can be hard to let go of the hate, especially if you were raised to think that way. After all, if you look at alt-right message boards today you'll see lots of anger towards things like interracial couples, jews, and all sorts of hate. It takes awhile for it to all go away.

So I suppose if you want to continue be hostile towards gays you can, but it will get harder. Eventually the only place you'll be able to do it are those alt-right forums.
    But its not hate though. Its a difference of opinion. You think the lifestyle is okay, I don't. How is that hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Well the reasons that certain groups are protected and others are not is not arbitrary so yeah. Hate speech is speech which expresses hatred and incites violence/discrimination against classes which are protected due to the bigotry they face.
    So, if you are studying Twitter records 10,000 years from now, do you suppose that *any* of this is going to make sense to you? These are not universal principles that the ideology behind this concept of 'hate crimes' and 'protected classes' has been based upon. 2,500 years ago, the Greeks thought it was a hate crime for Socrates to go against their high priests, is this not the same absurd situation today, where people manipulate language and the perception of reality in order to gain power?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a story not too long ago where people were (not violently, or hatefully) critiquing Anita Sarkesian about her feminist speeches and ideas. She reported their accounts as harrassment, and other such unseemly accusations. Those accounts were suspended and or banned.. BUT ITS TOTALLY OK for twitter users to threaten to kill our now President-Elect? Yeah, no double standard at all right? Same for the fact that they let BLM users post messages about violence towards police and white people... But I digress.

One measure of proof that Twitter is, in fact, owned by leftists.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    Why bring up arguments when you can instead make up random bullshit to suit your agenda?

The facts are that illegal immigrant minorities commit far more crime than whites, so deporting the ones that are illegal would be a great boon to the stability of the country. It's also a drain on the country to continue federally funding sanctuary cities that house criminals who should not even be in the country. But WAIT! That's something leftists oppose! Because of their FEELINGS!

[Infracted]
    Saw that you go infracted for this, and it was just kind of a perfect example of what the topic is about. People on the left can't use facts to support their arguments, so instead of debating, they try to stop the truth through force (just like reporting a legit response as "Trolling")

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Saw that you go infracted for this, and it was just kind of a perfect example of what the topic is about. People on the left can't use facts to support their arguments, so instead of debating, they try to stop the truth through force (just like reporting a legit response as "Trolling")
    Yep. Just fueling my statement about the left being fascists. Keep censoring people for ridiculous reasons and your ideology will eventually be overthrown.

They used the reason "Trolling", like that isn't the most ambiguous reason you could use to infract someone. It's very easy to corrupt the use and meaning of words that are inherently vague.
    Last edited by High Marshal Sigismund; 2016-11-18 at 05:01 PM.