Hunter Class Mount gives ability to tame "Flying Beasts"

So news has come out and is probably going to hit Mmo-champ updates soon that when Hunters get their Class Mount through the quest, you will gain the ability to specifically tame "Flying Beasts" like Gryphons and possibly Hippogryphs (hopefully wyverns too).

A lot of color variations for Gryphons are not in the wild though, hope that changes. Spectral Gryphon! Hoping the high mountain eagles are included as well.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-11-18 at 09:31 AM.

Gonna be pissed if Hawkstriders arent included in this. Been wanting to tame these for years.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

That's awesome! Hope we can tame creatures that looks like our class mount.

Deleted
    There are also many dinosaurs that are not tamable from Ungoro crater while t-rex can,doesn't make sense. They should just allow us to tame any animal (except big elites and bosses of course) instead of restricting for no good reason.

Tameable wyverns would be awesome. Shame a lot of these winged creatures have low polygon model and skin.
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

Well they let us tame Thok...lol

Why not let us tame every other beast boss. Horridon please???????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    So news has come out and is probably going to hit Mmo-champ updates soon that when Hunters get their Class Mount through the quest, you will gain the ability to specifically tame "Flying Beasts" like Gryphons and possibly Hippogryphs (hopefully wyverns too).

A lot of color variations for Gryphons are not in the wild though, hope that changes. Spectral Gryphon! Hoping the high mountain eagles are included as well.
    And what little birdy whispered this to you ? I call 100% bullshit on this, unless you feel like posting a source.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true, calm your knickers and don't be so salty.

Try petopia's forums, there was a post con interview where it was stated on video.

I read this as taming for flying mounts and got way more exited than I should have been, then greatly dissapointed.

Here's hoping for storm ravens and ptero's but i think it will be the minimum potential of gryphons, eagles and maybe hippogryphs .. I hold out hope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    And what little birdy whispered this to you ? I call 100% bullshit on this, unless you feel like posting a source.
    http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24505
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they will be able to fly with us instead of despawning like ground pets. Would be cool and really convenient.

Needs re-titled to "Winged Beasts" which is the proper wording. "Flying" beasts makes it sound as if the pet would fly.

Wow that's cool! Tamable gryphons would be awesome. If they added the pterosaurs from Timeless Isle and (dare I say it?) Proto-Drakes from Northrend I'd be ecstatic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Gonna be pissed if Hawkstriders arent included in this. Been wanting to tame these for years.
    Pretty certain theres not even a single killable Hawkstrider in the game atm. It likely just includes Gryphons, Hippogryphs, and Wyverns, with a possibility for Cloud Serpents, Skyscreamers, Dread Ravens, and maybe Drakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Pretty certain theres not even a single killable Hawkstrider in the game atm. It likely just includes Gryphons, Hippogryphs, and Wyverns, with a possibility for Cloud Serpents, Skyscreamers, Dread Ravens, and maybe Drakes.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21627/eclipsion-hawkstrider

like i said. for years.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    B-but they can't fly. I doubt that they'll be included.

Wish there ware still pets that could fly and not walk using flying animation. At 4.0 somr flying pets used to have pathing of flying creatures rather then the messed up ground pathing all ground mounts now share. A pet that can actually fly again... it would be any BMs wet dream.

The Winged Beasts so far will only be hybrid-styled beasts with feathers. Flying will not be a prerequisite for this family.

Gryphons, Hippogryphs, Gryphowls.... and maybe one or two others.