Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why ppl dont want this game back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYXMIti8aQw

These were the times when achieving something actualy ment something. There was the passion, the goal, the joy, the exitement!, THE ADVENTURE.
    This is the thing that many ppl miss about.

in vanilla-tbc i never got into the raids but that didnt bother me at all. cause i had so much things to do and i knew what was waiting me at the end. There was always something to work toward.

now none of these things dont rly matter at all. nothing matters anymore, nothing wont give the feeling of progression at the current state of the game...everyting is just dull and boring.

Ppl who says its just nostalgia are wrong. If todays wow had the same game philosophy than in vanilla-tbc i bet it would still be great or even more better than it is now.
    Last edited by mmocb797a40363; 2016-11-18 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Because to most it's just a video game a form of escapism and entertainment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepra View Post
    Ppl who says its just nostalgia are wrong. If todays wow had the same game philosophy than in vanilla-tbc i bet it would still be great or even more better than it is now.
    LFR participation rate disagree with you.

If the game takes on this hardcore or die mentality the game will pretty much die instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is currently entertaining me.

I dont want to fucking farm Black Lotus for 8 hours a week.

Leave if you dont like it

These were the times when achieving something actualy ment something. There was the passion, the goal, the joy, the exitement!, THE ADVENTURE.

in vanilla-tbc i never got into the raids but that didnt bother me at all. cause i had so much things to do and i knew what was waiting me at the end. There was always something to work toward.

now none of these things dont rly matter at all. nothing matters anymore, nothing wont give the feeling of progression at the current state of the game...everyting is just dull and boring.

Actually, it is nostalgia, in a way. Play a game for long enough and you become accustomed to it's reward mechanisms, why do you think there's a surge in popularity for retro style games? People haven't played them in a long time and the reward mechanisms feel rewarding again.

LFR is the most sought out piece of content Blizzard has ever released. We don't want those "old times" we want a game that keeps moving forward and improving while throwing away archaic tools that serve no real purpose nowadays

Because I've played that game already. I at least wouldn't be interested in being stuck in that sort of bubble for 12 years.

Deleted
    Seriously now. Do we really need to start another vanilla discussion?

If you want to see these arguments going around in circles, start reading the Nost megathread from page one.
    By the time you get to page 1000, I swear these same arguments have gone past several hundred times.
    And then there is yet another 1000 pages to read.

The topic has been discussed. Extensively.

I am sorry but it is nostalgia. 12 years ago the game was new, everything was indeed exciting, after 12 years nothing ever will be the same or have the same feeling/excitement.

I will compare it to Tom Brady and Giselle Bunchen, for him after X amount of years she is not as exciting as she once was, hence he went to fool around with the nanny or whatever, and honestly I believe most people don't have now the time they had 12 years ago to invest in the game.

Now to be clear I did not play Vanilla/TBC but from what I've read and heard I would most definitely not be playing WoW if it were the way it was back then. Would my 24 year old version of me love to play old school WoW? Absolutely! My 36 year old version of me? No, not really.

Cheers,
    Light

Deleted
    12 years getting to know the people who play WoW has been more than enough for one not to ever want to have anything to do with said people. The sad thing is, though, that after dropping 12 years of real life time, and almost 2 years of real life time in /played into a game, when some friends still do play it here and there on different realms, it's not really an option just to quit it. It's dominated a third of my life, well over half of my adult life. Just because I've come to understand the people who play it and that I don't want to associate with them, doesn't mean I'm just going to give up on it.

But I sure as hell wouldn't want to have the game regressed to what it was 10 years ago. It wasn't that great. The experience of playing it was great, since it was new and amazing. But the game itself, nah.

You got the choice, play hardcore or play casual. Both are rewarding now.

Ppl who says its just nostalgia are wrong.
    Yes, but they'll continue to repeat it. That's the power of mindless buzzwords.

what a nostalgic crock of stinky shit. dude i'll agree that vanilla had one thing right, AV. I used be in the middle of a SICK push pull with ivus and rok'mar going nuts, have to leave for class, come back 3 hours later, and it still be the same AV.

and AV enabler, when you could Q a whole 40man. amaze-balls.

having said that, can I asked "cause i had so much things to do and i knew what was waiting me at the end" means? i literally remember blowing the doors off Kara in the beginning, and being on the waiting list for SSC and TK for a good month because of my low pop server.

what was so fun? farming thorium veins in winterspring? proc'ing arcane crystals? the beauty of and music of zangarmarsh? running slavepens for 40,000th time for Quag's Eye? what did you even do that it was so much more amazing?
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2016-11-18 at 07:03 PM.

It have been 12 years of game development and technology evolution, right now there are things more exiting than having an alter ego and a virtual life, at least for the majority.
    Besides that, i would never play vanilla, but i would play Legion in a pristine server, that would be nice.

you dont want the game back, you want the experience of being 12/13/14 and experiencing something grand and new for the first time.

you will never fully get that feeling back, sorry to break it to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    what a nostalgic crock of stinky shit. dude i'll agree that vanilla had one thing right, AV. I used be in the middle of a SICK push pull with ivus and rok'mar going nuts, have to leave for class, come back 3 hours later, and it still be the same AV.

and AV enabler, when you could Q a whole 40man. amaze-balls.

having said that, can I asked "cause i had so much things to do and i knew what was waiting me at the end" means? i literally remember blowing the doors off Kara in the beginning, and being on the waiting list for SSC and TK for a good month because of my low pop server.

what was so fun? farming thorium veins in winterspring? proc'ing arcane crystals? the beauty of and music of zangarmarsh? what did you even do?
    I was casual player. I lvled at my own pace. geared up with dungeons. lvled professions. tried to get the keys TBC. Those things took time for casual like me. Now when i see the bosses via LFR im done with the game..there is nothing more left that keeps me going forward.
    Yes there was some things that were bad etc. but those things could be fixed.

I was casual player. I lvled at my own pace. geared up with dungeons. lvled professions. tried to get the keys TBC. Those things took time for casual like me. Now when i see the bosses via LFR im done with the game..there is nothing more left that keeps me going forward.
    Yes there was some things that were bad etc. but those things could be fixed.
    this is like saying that you have seen the whole raid and leveling/proffesions via youtube and now you are done with the game.

You think you do but you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    You got the choice, play hardcore or play casual. Both are rewarding now.
    This is what has keeps me playing Legion.

Deleted
    Sheepra it is simple. If blizz would bring back features from Vanilla WoW u would start crying that u have to spend 6h a day to farm mats for a raid, and then after progressing boss for one month u didn't get any loot. Damn people are crying now that they don't get bis gear after 2 weeks from launch...