View Poll Results: Should we remove epics ?

Voters
105. This poll is closed
  • No. Epics should remain as they are

77 73.33%
  • Yes, item level is the only metric needed

28 26.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Make epics great again:

Non-upgraded items - green
    Warforged - blue
    Titanforged - purple

This guy again with his "archaic tool" thread, go make your own game without any archaic stuff in it
    "In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."
    | CPU - i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz + Cooler Master Hyper - 212 EVO | MB - MSI Z170A Gaming M3 | RAM - 4x HYPERX Savage Black 4GB DDR4 2133MHz | GPU - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1080 | HDD #1 - 600GB Western Digital WDC | HDD #2 2TB Seagate @ 7200 RPM | SSD - HyperX Fury 240GB | PSU - LC-POWER LC8750III @750W | Mouse - Logitech G600 | KB - Logitech G910

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I believe I answered this question already, but enchanting is supposed to move forward with the game.

I also believe we can come up with 1000 different ways to fix the enchanting dilemma.
    You don't have to show that any issues coming up can be solved. You have to show that there is benefit to doing it in the first place, and so far, you've failed to do that. Removing rarity colours is just extra work for nothing.

BTW. Hammers are also archaic tools. I doubt they're going to go away any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is fine. I like the different colors.

This is not an important issue plaguing our game, nor does it shackle our game.
    Why do people give a shit anyway?

Did I get trolled?

I vote we keep the colors because colors are pretty and we make all items BOA. This soul bound stuff is so 2004

Dude's the common troll. He made a similar post about guilds being an archaic tool that should be removed like a week ago. But i think rarity in items is a good thing that drives people. I'd rather purps be consolidated and not have people decked out week 1

Yeah please remove gear, levels, quests and dungeons so the last clinging bits of RPG elements left in the game can be removed and turn the game into a MOBA. If you don't like RPG games don't play them.

Trolls - Archaic tool

For what do we need them anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Yeah please remove gear, levels, quests and dungeons so the last clinging bits of RPG elements left in the game can be removed and turn the game into a MOBA. If you don't like RPG games don't play them.
    MOBA games are the worst kind of games there is and I wouldn't want that to happen to WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    Trolls - Archaic tool

For what do we need them anymore?
    Trolls are one of the if not the most ancient race, so y, they're pretty archaic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    Dude's the common troll. He made a similar post about guilds being an archaic tool that should be removed like a week ago. But i think rarity in items is a good thing that drives people. I'd rather purps be consolidated and not have people decked out week 1
    So we can agree on something, that's great

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    It is fine. I like the different colors.

This is not an important issue plaguing our game, nor does it shackle our game.
    Why do people give a shit anyway?

Did I get trolled?
    No, we're having a discussion here about the potential benefits of removing the "epic concept" from WoW

Your input is appreciated, even though we don't agree with it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Make epics great again:

Warforged - blue
    Titanforged - purple
    I would vote for you, no questions asked.

spectacular idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Justice View Post
    This guy again with his "archaic tool" thread, go make your own game without any archaic stuff in it
    I'm working on it, thank you for your support.

But since WoW is not my game, I need your help to improve it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    same person who said guilds are archaic so i'm going with nope you're 100% wrong not even going to read your post, i could use those 30 seconds to know i'm right but i already know i'm right. /thread.
    It's a discussion and I can hardly dictate what is right or wrong. Share your thoughts and I promise you a great debate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beeftotem View Post
    so no you cant...which also means you cant give an example where a color system has failed in any way.

What would you do then? How would you advance WoW to become the pioneer that it once was? Do take into account that this game just celebrated its 12th year anniversary and is still probably the highest populated MMO to date.
    When you settle for being "good" you will never become great

While I agree with you that the colors make no difference and no longer serve any purpose......

You made absolutely no point whatsoever about how this negatively impacts anything whatsoever. In fact, your argument counters itself by pointing out that the common/rare/epic designations are superceded by ilvl.

So if ilvl, already in the game, supercedes the rarity color, then the rarity color is having no impact on anything.

10+ Year Old Account

Your input is appreciated, even though we don't agree with it
    WE.
    As in the large minority?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    While I agree with you that the colors make no difference and no longer serve any purpose......

You made absolutely no point whatsoever about how this negatively impacts anything whatsoever. In fact, your argument counters itself by pointing out that the common/rare/epic designations are superceded by ilvl.

So if ilvl, already in the game, supercedes the rarity color, then the rarity color is having no impact on anything.
    My argument is actually quite shallow in nature. This is just one of those concepts that stuck, which aren't needed anymore. It's no longer a design or development philosophy, it's just something that stuck around the years that today makes no sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    WE.
    As in the large minority?
    Oh, I'm sorry. I meant I don't agree with it. Even though there's a few others that don't.

I don't speak for them though.

Sure, it doesn't hold its same position and it's a hold over from the old system, but it's not holding anything back, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Sure, it doesn't hold its same position and it's a hold over from the old system, but it's not holding anything back, either.
    This is a great example from the poster above:

Make epics great again:

Warforged - blue
    Titanforged - purple

It doesn't objectively hold anything back, it holds back the potential to improve on it or from it

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do Epics fit on our reflection..? This is exactly the point. They don't fit anymore. We've pretty much reached a point where epics are pointless because everything is an epic and epics are the de facto loot we gather. It is true now we have that new kind of RNG loot called Legendaries which only Legendary Fortune enables you to find them. They're a very sad piece of progression mechanism which should be removed right now.
    Bit like guilds eh? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-archaic-tool

Also, you like the word Archaic don't you? Is it like word of the month in your calendar or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarun View Post
    Bit like guilds eh? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-archaic-tool

Also, you like the word Archaic don't you? Is it like word of the month in your calendar or something?
    Yes, exactly like guilds. I also believe the word Archaic is a perfect fit for things that are marked by the characteristics of an earlier period and are quite antiquated

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, exactly like guilds. I also believe the word Archaic is a perfect fit for things that are marked by the characteristics of an earlier period and are quite antiquated
    Its also an awesome way to troll right? Pick a controversial topic, do a poll, use the word Archaic. Will your next topic be 'MMO's - Archaic Tools'?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarun View Post
    Its also an awesome way to troll right? Pick a controversial topic, do a poll, use the word Archaic. Will your next topic be 'MMO's - Archaic Tools'?
    Why are controversial opinions considered trolling?

Actually, I can't see how a controversial thread isn't a better fit to this forum than a "we all agree sugar is sweet" kind of thread

Deleted
    Making a thread with no basis, but occasionally using italics, underlines, and bold does not making a compelling argument. Almost as bad as your "Guilds shouldn't exist" thread.

Complete Jarg.

The disconnect players would feel to displaying purely numbers would be unhealthy. Simple visual representations are equally as important, even if one particular colour becomes more common as the player invests time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are controversial opinions considered trolling?

Actually, I can't see how a controversial thread isn't a better fit to this forum than a "we all agree sugar is sweet" kind of thread
    Because you pick a topic that everyone likes and then tell them how irrelevant it is with silly arguments. But lets not talk sensible here, lets talk about your trolling endeavors, have you considered pictures to illustrate your points? The internet (an Archaic tool in your opinion I'm sure) is full of them.