Thread: The Division

oh well... guess I'm skipping this particular DLC. not a fan of competitive survival game types, never was. hopefully, there will be something else for season pass holders that I personaly might actualy find fun.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The survival DLC is available for testing now for people who bought the season pass before last week. As the name implies it is a survival mode, with both a PvE and PvP mode.

It puts you in a game with 23 other people, all players start around the edge of Manhattan out near the river. The goal is to survive and make it to the Dark Zone and extract.

You start with green gear, no main weapons, and a pistol. You have to scavenge and craft to get better stuff.

Basics:
    - There is a blizzard happening. When you aren't indoors you are freezing. You have to find and craft progressively better cosmetic gear (cosmetic items now have a heat rating) to stave off the cold or you will freeze to death.
    - You are also sick and start off in survival with 1 hour before you die of your sickness, you have to find drugs to stave off the sickness and survive longer.
    - There is also thirst (which lowers your detection radius for loot containers and the like) and hunger (which makes you slower I think), so you have to find food and drinks as well.
    - Enemies get progressively stronger as you get closer to the center of the map.
    - Safe rooms allow you craft progressively better items as you get closer to center.
    - Trying to extract apparently draws the attention of the new faction, called The Hunters. You have to defeat them to extract successfully.

When you die or extract, you are scored based on your performance. Everything is scored, how long you survive, the ilvl you make it to, how many enemies you kill, how many hunters you kill, if you actually extracted, etc, etc. You are rewarded loot crates in the main game based on how well you did.

The PvP mode is the same, but with a score modifier to make your final score higher (thus more rewards after). Basically becomes a huge 24 player free for all with the same goal, make it to the center and extract. But you can fight other players anywhere, even outside the Dark Zone.

Each game will last 1-2 hours they say.
    that actually sounds cool, but ill wait for a season pass sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    The survival DLC is available for testing now for people who bought the season pass before last week. As the name implies it is a survival mode, with both a PvE and PvP mode.

It puts you in a game with 23 other people, all players start around the edge of Manhattan out near the river. The goal is to survive and make it to the Dark Zone and extract.

You start with green gear, no main weapons, and a pistol. You have to scavenge and craft to get better stuff.

Basics:
    - There is a blizzard happening. When you aren't indoors you are freezing. You have to find and craft progressively better cosmetic gear (cosmetic items now have a heat rating) to stave off the cold or you will freeze to death.
    - You are also sick and start off in survival with 1 hour before you die of your sickness, you have to find drugs to stave off the sickness and survive longer.
    - There is also thirst (which lowers your detection radius for loot containers and the like) and hunger (which makes you slower I think), so you have to find food and drinks as well.
    - Enemies get progressively stronger as you get closer to the center of the map.
    - Safe rooms allow you craft progressively better items as you get closer to center.
    - Trying to extract apparently draws the attention of the new faction, called The Hunters. You have to defeat them to extract successfully.

When you die or extract, you are scored based on your performance. Everything is scored, how long you survive, the ilvl you make it to, how many enemies you kill, how many hunters you kill, if you actually extracted, etc, etc. You are rewarded loot crates in the main game based on how well you did.

The PvP mode is the same, but with a score modifier to make your final score higher (thus more rewards after). Basically becomes a huge 24 player free for all with the same goal, make it to the center and extract. But you can fight other players anywhere, even outside the Dark Zone.

That's pretty awesome. Can't wait for it to come out.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Gameplay looks interesting but the survival mechanics are too soft. You don't actually need to find food (just a debuff) or heat (frostbite can be outhealed) to survive.
    I hope they tweak this, otherwise these features will be completely ignored.

Something else that should be mentioned: you can team up in survival, so it's gonna be exactly as DZ in pvp mode. Jeah it's obvious to team up in a survival scenario, but knowing this community it will result in a pvp gangbang fiesta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Something else that should be mentioned: you can team up in survival, so it's gonna be exactly as DZ in pvp mode. Jeah it's obvious to team up in a survival scenario, but knowing this community it will result in a pvp gangbang fiesta.
    Something I'm concerned about too.

Also, I'm still not sure how rewarding the entire Survival scenario will be in terms of time spend/reward. Sure you can get 10 caches out, but if that takes an hour or longer I might have gotten more loot by doing all the LZ bosses and a mission or two. And that's taken into account that you 'win' Survival. You'll get a reward even if you fail/die but how much will that be?

On reddit you already hear the stories of people who went into the PVP surv, had played an hour and 40 minutes to eventually get to the chopper and killed by a group of rogues. I'd be so pissed :-P Yes that's the risk but I wouldn't bother going in solo with the knowledge of these ganksquads just prowling around the extract for EZ loots from your dead corpse.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

But "at least" you start with the same gun, right? In the PvP version I mean. Cause DZ its more like.. well, I get in, and I get my ass kicked by a group of people in BiS gear. At least in this survival scenario, we all start on the same foot. It remind me of King of the Hill in h1z1.. you can team up too and/or betray your teammate.. that bring some interesting tense moment. I dont really see that mode as an alternative to gear up or whatever, but just a nice little change of gameplay with a reward at the end for your main caracter if you manage to escape, just like h1z1

Basics:

Kinda reminds me of the battle dimension on a game called redmoon i used to play years ago, loved it. leveling was super grindy but in the BD you got a huge boost in xp and had a set timer to get as much gear and level as you could, then after a set time pvp enabled and you fought to the death highest points won different rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played for the first time in ages because Survival sounded good.

Started at 180 ilvl, got to 229 no problem which is cool. To get optimised 229 gear will take a lot of work though (I think). Underground seems ok, did the 2nd or 3rd Incursion, was ok. Didn't finish one Incursion, the one where flames spawn all over the place, we wiped and I couldn't be bothered doing it all again, sure we were doing something wrong as it lasted forever. Intel seems like a good idea, if you have friends to play with. Should be matchmaking for that (I know I can use chat).

Tried the PTS, liked the Survival mode. Just did it on PVE, the damn Hunter killed me, the axe to the head was awesome. Should have geared up more before extracting, but I just rushed it. Reading the comments above, Survival should be forced single player.

Disappointed no more dungeons added.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2016-11-14 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.5 launching November 22nd on PC and Xbox, PS4 one month later.

Latest PTS Patch notes (subject to change before launch):
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...TS-Patch-Notes

Latest State of the Game:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...november_17th/

Undocumented changes worth of note:
    * 229 Weapon and Gear Mods buy/sell costs are now reduced by approx 1/4 of its original price. So you might want to sell mods now that you plan on selling post 1.5 as they would give less credits afrer 1.5 hits. (currently sell for about 65k - 85k credits)
    * Bought 229 sealed caches from vendors will give 163 items instead of 229 after 1.5 hits due to some vendor changes that Hamish mentioned. You may want to open them now before 1.5 hits.
    * Vendor prices and GS now adapts to you and your stash GS items instead of World Tier you are in.
    * 229 sealed caches now costs 150 pxc and 256 seal caches costs 200 pxc.
    * To unlock 256 sealed caches from vendors, you need to have looted at least one 256 gs item.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2016-11-18 at 07:45 AM.
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

For some reason, since I patched to 1.4 the special weapons vendor upstairs in the BOO isn't there. Any ideas how to fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    For some reason, since I patched to 1.4 the special weapons vendor upstairs in the BOO isn't there. Any ideas how to fix that?
    the vendors are all in the terminal just before you can go in the underground
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't buy anything from them right now though.

1.5 comes out on Tuesday and higher world tiers/256 gear and caches will be available.

So they moved the guy that was next to the calibration station?

10+ Year Old Account
    So they moved the guy that was next to the calibration station?
    Yes he's right at the bottom of the stairs in The Terminal on the left.

The Terminal is the area under the Base of Operations, the entrance is directly across from the front door on the back wall.

Ok, thought I was losing my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers are slowly growing since 1.4's release. Hope this trend continues.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/365590

I'm having a lot of fun with my Skull MC gloves build atm :-) All high-ends, no set bonus.
    Only did the Survival once, nut sure what to think of it yet. It's nice, but still just a gimmick in my opinion. 1.4 & 1.5 really made this game a lot better. Now all it needs is more actual content. Expand that map!

I'm hoping for a deep sale. At this point I'd definitely pick the game up for around $20+ for the base product, but haven't seen the digital version get that low anywhere legit. Glad that these latest updates are finally turning the game around though!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm hoping for a deep sale. At this point I'd definitely pick the game up for around $20+ for the base product, but haven't seen the digital version get that low anywhere legit. Glad that these latest updates are finally turning the game around though!
    best just to go for the deluxe version when you do get it, no point being limited in what content you want to do as things like underground really make gearing up much faster.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, it's going for $25 on Steam right now (plus tax), or 50% off. As far as I can tell, it means you'd need to run Steam and Ubi's launcher at the same time to play. I'm not speaking from first hand knowledge, though.

I've been tempted to try The Division, too, but I got scared off due to the bad reviews I'd been hearing prior to 1.4. Well, that and the fact I'm pretty garbage at shooters. (I know - it's an RPG, so it's not nearly as twitch based.) If I'm going to be honest, part of the appeal is the graphics. The game looks spectacular... but I have an old graphics card (680), so...

Deleted
    I played for a day now, played Survival (PvP), didn't like it so much, though the end of it really felt like DZ-Day 1. I was so scared... and I won, yay.

What I dislike:

Bugs are still there.... but at least not as many as before
    Threat mechanic is still wonky as fuck.
    Most Sets are still useless
    Most weapon types are useless (again).

What I like:

Ballistic shield, Seeker mines and other tech/skillpower skills are awesome now
    New world difficulty is just right
    So much loot.
    The "no-set"-set is awesome. I wish I had most of these unique-high end items.