Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "I don't agree with Obama's stance on anything because he's a liberal/progressive that associated with and was mentored by radical left win anarchists and he wants to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants.
    FTFY.

Obama's race was never a factor in why he was shunned, it was his fucked up political philosophy. I personally could not care less that Obama was black (which he actually isn't, he is mixed race.) I don't give a fuck if he WAS born in Kenya - his mother was a US citizen which means HE is a US citizen. I though the whole birther thing was ridiculous - and,yes, it was NOT racist.

You know you have won an argument with a Liberal/progressive when they call you a "racist". When they realize the have lost the argument on anything logical they play the "racist" card. It is SO fucking pathetic to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Are you feeling ok? The Dems picked up seats in both the House and Senate. They gained in Congress.
    Yes, you're right, I mean they maintain control, which is a huge advantage with a Republican President.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yes, you're right, I mean they maintain control, which is a huge advantage with a Republican President.
    Yeah, it really is a huge advantage. I wonder if they will be able to get their ducks in a row within the next two years to do any real damage (Trump is already calling to amend Obamacare, rather than abolish). I think the Senate will turn in 2018. But who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Indeed - people that throw around racial epithets are often socially and economically punished, as where people that unfairly chastise others as racists mostly receive plaudits for their virtuous anti-racism.
    I'm not sure we are in agreement. I'm saying that people who are racist, i.e. use racial epithets, should be called out. But calling them out is not intolerance or name calling - it's telling the truth. Perhaps I'm not understanding your point.

I'm not sure we are in agreement. I'm saying that people who are racist, i.e. use racial epithets, should be called out. But calling them out is not intolerance or name calling - it's telling the truth. Perhaps I'm not understanding your point.
    People that use racial epithets should be called out. That part's fine. What's not fine is that we've arrived at the point where the accusation of "racism" is leveled at people who have never expressed any racial animus and the outcome of that is generally trouble for the accused rather than the shit slinger.

Yeah, it really is a huge advantage. I wonder if they will be able to get their ducks in a row within the next two years to do any real damage (Trump is already calling to amend Obamacare, rather than abolish). I think the Senate will turn in 2018. But who knows.
    I bet congress swings Democrat in 2018 too based off what I see trending.

My wife and I were talking about the ACA last night. I too think it's too late to abolish it and they should just try to fix it.

I think we know that the country is going to turn red... with the blood of Trump supporters!

http://truthfeed.com/mentally-ill-li...g-knife/36370/

Now I have a problem with this story, because if she is serious about mass murdering Trump supporters, a knife isn't very efficient. She should be posing with gun, or perhaps with dynamite strapped to her body like a suicide vest.

'Called out' is code for 'violently murdered' right?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The numbers in the Senate in 2018 have Democrats playing defense -- 10 of the incumbent seats they are trying to defend are in states Trump won.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I bet congress swings Democrat in 2018 too based off what I see trending.

My wife and I were talking about the ACA last night. I too think it's too late to abolish it and they should just try to fix it.
    I agree - some of the provisions are hard for anyone to vote out (26 and pre-existing). If the GOP could just beef it up, bring in single payer, we might actually join the rest of the civilized world in approximate universal health care (we'd have to add an * next to it, though).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think we know that the country is going to turn red... with the blood of Trump supporters!
    The country is actually Blue (Hillary up by 1.5 MM votes and counting) but turned red because of a number of varying factors.

Every GOP repeal bill passed in the House since 2010 has left in place the preexisting condition requirement and the grown-ass-adults up to 26 requirement. Want to start unwinding it, the big statutory moves would just be -- repeal the individual and employer mandates, and remove restrictions on insurance companies being able to compete across state lines. After that, it can pretty much be untangled in 12-24 months by a competent regulatory wonk running HHS.

- - - Updated - - -

The country is actually Blue (Hillary up by 1.5 MM votes and counting) but turned red because of a number of varying factors.
    Two states are really, really blue, in a union full of mostly red ones. That's all it means and why it's politically irrelevant.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Two states are really, really blue, in a union full of mostly red ones. That's all it means and why it's politically irrelevant.
    That's actually 100% false. The country as a whole is more blue than red (vote count, facts are fun!). You're second point should scare you more than you think.

It's that kind of behavior right there that caused Republicans to come out and vote in droves.
    Except the republicans had fewer votes than in 2008 and in 2012. This election was all about apathy in the silent majority.

That's actually 100% false. The country as a whole is more blue than red (vote count, facts are fun!). You're second point should scare you more than you think.
    Who are you kidding? Her margin in the vote in either California or New York is greater than the national margin that you apparently mistake for a representative cross-section of the country.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Who are you kidding? Her margin in the vote in either California or New York is greater than the national margin that you apparently mistake for a representative cross-section of the country.
    Facts don't kid. She's winning the popular election by 1.5+MM votes nationwide. You points about CA and NY are entirely irrelevant, just as any points I'd bring up about TX, AL, etc would be.

We are a blue country (according to the Presidential vote count).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Except the republicans had fewer votes than in 2008 and in 2012. This election was all about apathy in the silent majority.
    Yeah, I don't know what would have happened, but Biden or Sanders on the ticket would have been interesting. The Dems will come out in droves in 2018 - and Trump's win might be a call of action past 2018 for the Dem vote. He's that frightening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I really need to link my map again to show that we're purple, not red?

Also, harassment is not ok. However, writing to the electors is not in itself harassment.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So they contacted their representation.
    Besides the insults by some, what exactly is wrong with any of this?
    Did you read the article, or just the headline? They aren't asking. They are "demanding," and demonizing them as racist, homophobic, etc if they don't vote their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Did you read the article, or just the headline? They aren't asking. They are "demanding," and demonizing them as racist, homophobic, etc if they don't vote their way.
    I wonder how many people are watching TV now awaiting Trump to leave the tower with a moderate inclination towards believing somebody will attempt to harm him.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The problem with your logic is that, the election was not a popular vote election, IE the pop vote counts means fuck all.

Both Hillary and Trump would have run quite a different race if the Popular vote mattered, alas it doesnt.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    So they contacted their representation.
    Besides the insults by some, what exactly is wrong with any of this?
    I don't disagree with your sentiment in general but the article said this:

Graham said most of the pleas come from out of state and include one that called a vote against Trump “an epitome of patriotism.”
    I'm assuming maybe the phone calls were easily identified as out of state not sure about emails and the like, but if the above is true they are not exactly their representation.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    The problem with your logic is that, the election was not a popular vote election, IE the pop vote counts means fuck all.
    We were discussing the blue/red quality of the country, which is currently blue, per the popular vote. The EC determines the President, of course, but that's not the issue at hand in this thread (well, in this particular discussion in this thread, lol).

Both Hillary and Trump would have run quite a different race if the Popular vote mattered, alas it doesnt.
    I entirely agree - it also makes the popular vote mildly irrelevant. But again, not the topic here.

We were discussing the blue/red quality of the country, which is currently blue, per the popular vote. The EC determines the President, of course, but that's not the issue at hand in this thread (well, in this particular discussion in this thread, lol).

I entirely agree - it also makes the popular vote mildly irrelevant. But again, not the topic here.

All I am getting at, is that determining the the over color of our Union is impossible with the metrics we have. Even if we had a popular vote election, THAT number would likewise mean fuck all if half the country doesnt vote....
    READ and be less Ignorant.