Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Where are you getting this information from? Everything I have seen on the PTR indicates that Boulderfist could actually struggle to be the ideal choice now. Buffing up LL damage directly impacts the strength of Hot Hand, which by extension gives more Maelstrom to play around with to cover for the fact that Fury of Air is practically a lock in and Hailstorm takes more maintenance. Assuming that Boulderfist is best just because it always has been is fairly naive given that the changes with regards to Maelstrom management and sustainability are only significant for that specific talent, and are in fact quite noticeable.
    I totally agree. Did some testing and i found BF + FOA a really bad combo. I had to sit sb procs because i had no maelstrom, i had intervalls of 15 sec with bf being my only attack because i had nothing to do.

It felt sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

If they buff FOA like on the current build, i suspect HH and of course Windsong become strong contenders. I still think it's Windsong > Hot Hand,at least w/o bracers.

Oh and btw i'm not so sure about lightning shield. In my tests with Windsong, LS was 10% and HS 12%. Considering HS costs MS, i feel they could end up really close. Whatever they wanted to achieve with AS, it's a complete failure.

I'm more upset at the fact that the boots, which use to be good, got nerfed to shit because tooltip errors only for them to be like "wow, now they're shit, let's fix that, but make them wait a month".

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    The way the changes are going, if you want a fast paced spec, go with Windsong, Fury of Air and Ascendance. GG AOE spec
    I gave this build a shot, and it definitely feels better than running Boulderfist, but it kinda has a similar feel to the "desperately waiting for a proc" of an Arms Warrior. Certainly, not getting a Stormbringer proc during Ascendance feels EXTREMELY bad. I think I'd like Ascendance a lot more if it gave you a stormbringer proc when you pressed the button or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    I totally agree. Did some testing and i found BF + FOA a really bad combo. I had to sit sb procs because i had no maelstrom, i had intervalls of 15 sec with bf being my only attack because i had nothing to do.

It felt sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

If they buff FOA like on the current build, i suspect HH and of course Windsong become strong contenders. I still think it's Windsong > Hot Hand,at least w/o bracers.

Oh and btw i'm not so sure about lightning shield. In my tests with Windsong, LS was 10% and HS 12%. Considering HS costs MS, i feel they could end up really close. Whatever they wanted to achieve with AS, it's a complete failure.
    The AS nerf has honestly got me sitting here going...what the fuck are they doing....It's already underutilized for raiders. It's great for more casual players who don't want to track Frostbrand, and I was one of them to start...now I pretty much don't even debate on if I should use AS or HS...

Deleted
    Okay, did some tests in my gear. I ignore the 5% crit lost.

This isn't exact math, i'm just sharing my thoughts and some theories, backed up by some 7.1 sims with my current gear (high mastery, only 12% haste and SA trinket, so haste is highest prio). Don't nail me for exact numbers. I know that those numbers arent exact and i surely made some mistakes. (LS = Lightning Shield)

On live, my current spec sims @435k. Windsong + FOA + Hailstorm is at 397k. Windsong + FOA + LS sims @ 379.5 k.

So with the nerfs to hailstorm and bf, current spec should be lower than 435k, say 430k. Hailstorm has the same nerf on build 2, but FOA now deals 3times the damage, so it's 40k dps more from FOA. So we should end up above 430k. LS was buffed by 50%, so FOA + LS should result in 40400+11500 dps more. 379.5 + 40400 + 11500 = 431400. Add the windsong buff...

I think all those builds are really close after those buffs. What i didnt predict was the lava lash buff, butthe LS build has the best LL damage of all 3 candidates.

I didnt adapt the rotation for LL, so ijust a rough guess. But i believe that BF+HS+CS is really close to WS + LS/HS + FOA. It looks like it's nearly perfect. But FOA is stronger for AOE.

Hot Hand doesnt look competitive w/o bracers. With LS and FOA and ignoring CL (aside of feral spirits for alpha wolves), i end up at 364k+10k+40200+(20%*34k=6.8k)=421k. But bracers would be a 21k increase (just the leg trait), putting it @421k+21k=442k.

So with bracers, i believe going FOA+HotHand+LS is your best choice. But Hot Hands is currently the only build with substential LL damage.

That's why i believe Hot Hand should go baseline. That way it is a LL dump AND we still use LL in other builds. In every other build, LL doesnt work. With FOA, we nearly never have enough MS to dump for LL and with BF, we just have too many SS procs to make LL useful.

Aside of this, i think we have some nice dps options with the current iteration. Talents are really close to each other. Only Ancestral Swiftness isn't an option anymore. And of course tempest still dominates. ES could be an option for ST, but it's clunky, it's an additional button, doesnt buff our AOE. It just feels wrong. And it's still behind LandSlide so it's not even a small dps gain on single target.

Ignored AOE but as supected, FOA should be the winner on AOE from a first look. FOA seems to be in a perfect state for single target tuning. It's even an option with BF, though i suspect that's where the current nerfs to FB and BF will be really painful. And it feels bad with no procs as occasionally, you have barely anything to press.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-11-19 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    It looks interesting from pve perspective, but from pvp perspective this is kinda really bad nerf. we will be worse than survival hunter in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarox View Post
    It looks interesting from pve perspective, but from pvp perspective this is kinda really bad nerf. we will be worse than survival hunter in pvp.
    They've been buffing and nerfing specs all along. They could undo some nerfs if they need to. I mean some specs have -30% or less agility, certain abilites deal a lot less damage and so on. They can tune things like they want to. And we don't know yet about what's gonna change in the next weeks.

I tweaked the simc profile with FOA a little and i gained 4k dps by making SS only be cast at higher maelstrom (so FOA casts went down from 5.9 to 2.8). So i'd say FOA is very competitive right now. Even with BF. But by no means you can't play BF + FOA. It's just sometimes extremely slowpaced, especially after the recent nerfs to FB and BF.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-11-19 at 05:39 PM.