LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Fucking nailed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Why not both
    yeah I regret giving thread such an aggressive title lol

edit; I got caught up in how much better they were

Here's a better idea: watch whatever boss videos you see at the top of a google search. If you don't like the first one, try viewing the second one, and so on.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Here's a better idea: watch whatever boss videos you see at the top of a google search. If you don't like the first one, try viewing the second one, and so on.
    at least it's logical

Deleted
    Well you shouldn't just watch one Video for Strats anyway. So I don't think, that Fatboss are particularly bad. You just shouldn't use it as the one and only source of information.
    This being said - I do think, that those two are doing a good job and imho deserve their views.

Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    Proper Bird's guides are better than both either way.
    Clicked to plug Proper Bird. My guild's GM / Raid Leader likes for us to watch her vids. I like how she explains things. In general I prefer the commentary from the FatBoss dudes since they're usually pretty funny, but they both get the job done.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post
    Good god, take off your tin foil hat! TOWER 7!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's a conspiracy theory that you sound like someone trying to hock their Youtube channel? No, really. You do.
    The only options here are

1. You're Line of Sight Gaming, or someone hired by them to spread awareness (and doing it poorly I might add. I don't really care which videos I watch as long as they give me the information I wanted but your "presentation" of LoSG made me want to never watch them out of spite)

2. You're a very odd individual who gets extremely excitable about Youtube boss guides and peoples preferences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's a conspiracy theory that you sound like someone trying to hock their Youtube channel? No, really. You do.
    The only options here are

1. You're Line of Sight Gaming, or someone hired by them to spread awareness (and doing it poorly I might add. I don't really care which videos I watch as long as they give me the information I wanted but your "presentation" of LoSG made me want to never watch them out of spite)

2. You're a very odd individual who gets extremely excitable about Youtube boss guides and peoples preferences.
    Why do you have to label and compartmentalise everything? I would doubt a channel with 100,000 views on each vid is able to employ people to plug them on forums. That is some conspiracy level stuff. I might be a bit odd, but sorry, so are you... We play WoW.

The thread is weird, but honestly the videos are well made.

Deleted
    yeah I regret giving thread such an aggressive title lol

edit; I got caught up in how much better they were
    And now you're just in it for the post count.

Lol, how about no? See no reason at all to...

Found this thread from a link in our video comments calling us shills. If anyone cares, we really like the Fatboss guys and Jinzee from Proper Bird is an awesome person and player. We barely selfpromote on Twitter, it's a weakness of ours, let alone make/ask someone to make a thread telling people to switch to watching our videos instead of anyone else's. We are just two guys who focus on visually showing the flow of a fight and try to keep details limited for brevity. We make mistakes sure, sorry for that. We will continue to watch Fatboss and Jinzee personally and hope our guides can help supplement theirs if you choose to check us out too.

Haven't heard of them before, seems like a decent alternative for more casual players who just need a quick guide and may not be too familiar with the fights already. Personally I tend to watch Fatboss and Properbird as them being in high end guilds means that sometimes they manage to get guides out before my guild gets to the boss, didn't happen with emerald nightmare due to it's difficulty but was the case with hfc. Also I just like long rambly videos as well as the personalities of fatboss.

Thoughts?

The ONLY reason people would come to the defence of Phat Boss in this case is that the videos are released earlier or that you know them personally....
    tl;dr
    LoS - Neat idea for raid positioning and a good video, although I feel they're still behind in other areas. Should think of a new series name as their videos are not two minutes.
    FatBoss - Still prefer their videos due to little things like important abilities are given first and just the pacing of the video.

Well, if that doesn't scream "this is going to be a totally legitimate and fair discussion", I'm not sure what else would.

First thing I notice about LoS is their video is called "Two Minute Tips" and it's over 3 minutes which makes me doubt the quality of content when they can't name or time properly. They could have got it a lot closer if they cut the 15 or so seconds of junk from the beginning and end of the video. I don't have a problem with intros or outros, but if you're making a "Two Minute Tip", you should perhaps actually aim for two minutes.

For your linked examples, the FatBoss guide actually gives more accurate information stating that on Heroic, Hymdall and Hyrja spawn after each Unerring Blast while LoS makes no mention of it simply saying 'throughout phase 2'. I feel the flow and order of the abilities given in FatBoss are better as well. First thing they mention is tank swapping and things that will wipe the raid where as the tank swapping in phase 2 was the last thing LoS mentioned. I do enjoy the positioning diagrams that LoS does and how they show a clear clip of what the ability looks like as well.

Lastly, about the OP, did they admit to being a shill or just a blind fanboy? I find it funny they mentioned the whole 'asking for money' thing. On FatBoss' page, it is mentioned in the video, but you have to click 'Show More' to find the links where as LoS' page has intentionally formatted the description so that 'You can help support us by donating @ *link*' appears before clicking 'Show More'. So while they're not vocally saying it in their video, they're clearly looking for support. There's nothing wrong with this, just figured I'd mention it since the OP tried to suggest otherwise.

All in all, I wouldn't mind seeing more from LoS, but I haven't fallen head over heels in love like the 'totally honest' OP.
    Last edited by Peroxidex; 2016-11-19 at 03:14 AM.

Deleted
    /snip
    Greetings Mr Shil mcShilly,

I have a proposal for your owners at LoSG. Our problem is that we need their email in order to reach them, can you please forward me a contact within the organization - possibly through a private message?

Thanks, and good luck with the marketing for the new website.

Best Regards,

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    Proper Bird's guides are better than both either way.
    Better or not better, imagine this:

Raid leader: guys, for the next raid check tactics for mythic Ilgynoth.
    Raiders: go to youtube, search "ilgynoth mythic guide", nothing pops except Proper Bird and some kill vids that aren't guides.
    What do you do? Ofc you watch Proper Bird because it's the only guide done IN TIME.

That was some time ago ofc but seriously if you want to release a guide when most middle of the pack guilds are already past the boss, don't bother.

P.S. Just checked that "line of sight gaming"... no mythic guides only normal / hc? Seriously? No Helya either when we're second week into the raid? If "LOS gaming" was making tastier icecream than "PHatboss" but sold them in autumn while "PHatboss" was ready during the summer, don't blame people who'd get accustomed to "PHatboss" brand.

- - - Updated - - -

Noticed your post after first part of the comment was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovo View Post
    Found this thread from a link in our video comments calling us shills. If anyone cares, we really like the Fatboss guys and Jinzee from Proper Bird is an awesome person and player. We barely selfpromote on Twitter, it's a weakness of ours, let alone make/ask someone to make a thread telling people to switch to watching our videos instead of anyone else's. We are just two guys who focus on visually showing the flow of a fight and try to keep details limited for brevity. We make mistakes sure, sorry for that. We will continue to watch Fatboss and Jinzee personally and hope our guides can help supplement theirs if you choose to check us out too.
    Well if that's the case then OP is doing you bad PR either willingly or unwillingly.

What matters for me the most is that there's a guide up when my guild is doing it, if it's the best quality but after my progression is done on that boss, I won't notice the video because I don't search for them anymore.

Maybe you target different audience but I have the impression if someone watches tactic vids, it's the mid-tier mythic raiders, top tier raiders create tactics themselves and casual slow progress raiders just go with the flow or expect their raid leader to explain them everything (I raided casually at some point most people never bothered to read up or watch tactics because "it's a game not a job").

Maybe I'm wrong but good timing on the guide matters a lot. I watched Proper Bird because Fatboss was simply not ready, had only beta footage. I think it was the case with mythic Ilgynoth, not 100% sure but either that or dragons. And that's from a perspective of a player in a guild between 1,2k - 2k world rank, so not really fast progress.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-11-19 at 03:21 AM.

Timing is almost everything, you're right. We both work fulltime and have limited free time to make these. We aren't paid to make them beyond a couple dollars from Google Ads from YouTube, so essentially they are a passion project for us. We love the game and make the guides for fun. Being compared to Fatboss is something people do with us but we aren't trying to compete because we can't. We are just us, two mumbly Americans trying to kill dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovo View Post
    Timing is almost everything, you're right. We both work fulltime and have limited free time to make these. We aren't paid to make them beyond a couple dollars from Google Ads from YouTube, so essentially they are a passion project for us. We love the game and make the guides for fun. Being compared to Fatboss is something people do with us but we aren't trying to compete because we can't. We are just us, two mumbly Americans trying to kill dragons.
    FWIW, I believe you're innocuous but I don't know if I believe the OP at all. He mentioned your PayPal, replied aggressively towards anybody calling him a shill and in general kind of made himself (and by proxy you guys) look like a bunch of douchebags. But in the end, there's no such thing as bad publicity and I'm sure you don't mind the extra exposure.

Good luck with your future videos.