Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    In the current generation it is massively underrated.

No one cares.

And it's depressing.
    Why? Shouldn't people be freely feel what is important to them?

If money makes them feel happier, why shouldn't they or why can't they? Just because of the tradition?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Sex is like 10 times better when you're in love.
    Sex is better when you fuck someone hot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    He's a a silly man. Maybe you are so happy that he is taking care of you scott free, but I bet he would be happier without you and have a fat stack of cash instead.
    I mean, you can of course choose to see everything in the utmost negative way. But not everyone has to have such a defeatist attitude about love/relationships.

Although I have never been in love, I personally believe that it is overrated, even true love. Holding up love as the single greatest thing (...)
    Who does that besides idealistic teenagers and the entertainment industry (for obvious reasons)? The adults I know have a pretty down-to-earth vision of love, as they have experienced the good and the bad of it. A few exception here and there seem unable to grow out of their overly romantic phase (and not only women!). Also, I wouldn't usually say that you need to experience something in order to have an opinion about it, but in this case you really do need to fall in love once (and to have your heart broken too) to understand why people put so much importance on love and relationships.

10+ Year Old Account
    love is overrated
    and sex is also overrated

yes.
    but you need to get tired of it first for it to be overrated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurtugal View Post
    You clearly aren't in LOVE with your girlfriend which is what we're talking about here..
    Getting married to and having 2 children with the woman who I have been in true love with for over 10 years, are experiences that are not worth any amount of money.
    You say that, how do you know? Maybe I know love but still prefer money? Just because you prefer love over money, doesn't mean everyone should.

It isn't only down to girl friend, friends, families, they all have a price tag.

IDK, how I viewed the world before love and after love is pretty stark. Love is the only thing that made life meaningful, like truly meaningful to me.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

He's a a silly man. Maybe you are so happy that he is taking care of you scott free, but I bet he would be happier without you and have a fat stack of cash instead.

infracted - trolling
    Even though you are banned, I'll reply. We've been together 18 years and for most of those years I have made more than he has. So nope, we have enough money to do what we want.

Deleted
    True love requires too many "musts": Must have a good job, must have a car, must have a own place. I mean teenage years love is awesome, you don't really need to have anything other than eachother. When you are 25+ then it turns shit as it requires from man to have all those "musts" and pretty much nothing other than semi good looks from a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    IDK, how I viewed the world before love and after love is pretty stark. Love is the only thing that made life meaningful, like truly meaningful to me.
    discovering things, experiencing what humanity created, what nature created, sharing, and creating things yourself is far more meaningful and interesting than love in my opinion. we're worth more than this

10+ Year Old Account
    I even planned my retirement without children:

Put an ad up, looking for 20yr pretty bimbo to look after me well until I die, then the house is hers.

I might die sooner than I need, but I will die with a smile of my face.

And this requires money, so money can buy happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    You say that, how do you know? Maybe I know love but still prefer money? Just because you prefer love over money, doesn't mean everyone should.

It isn't only down to girl friend, friends, families, they all have a price tag.
    If it works for you, good on ya! I do feel sorry for your "loved" ones though...
    If they make another Taken (and GOD I hope not), they should stir things up and use someone like that as inspiration for the father. Could be called "Taken? Are they offering money??"... XD

It's clear though that the OP was just out to troll so... not much to be discussed here.

Even if love is overrated, which seems absurd, the reason as to why it is such is explained very poorly in the OP.

What of people who are not poor and feel love is still the best thing?

It's like making an argument that pizza is overrated. Actually, the OP essentially did make such an argument.

Chemical reactions. The real debate is if you want to place meaning on it or not. The general consensus is "yes" because said reactions means it feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    It seems kind of intuitive for me that Single=Happier life for one reason and one reason only:

When you don't have to raise a family, you can put yourself at the forefront; nobody comes before your own wants.
    That's one way of looking at it (and totally understandable). The other way is that when you have a family you want to put their needs at the forefront. In a sense you are still putting yourself first, just in doing so you now include other people too. Although I won't deny it's not always roses and rainbows... I think the best approach is to keep an healthy balance between your needs and those of your family, allow yourself some "me time" and expenses, even small things if you can't afford much or a few hours to yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If it works for you, good on ya! I do feel sorry for your "loved" ones though...
    If they make another Taken (and GOD I hope not), they should stir things up and use someone like that as inspiration for the father. Could be called "Taken? Are they offering money??"... XD

It's clear though that the OP was just out to troll so... not much to be discussed here.
    I just had a quick read on wiki about Taken after your post.

All about a father trying to find his daughter who is being kidnapped to be sold as sex slave, what relation has it got with money? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is overrated. In the end, we all end up rotting and being eaten by worms, so why care about anything? /s

More seriously, it's perfectly fine if you don't see love as something special, but telling others that their love is nothing special is pretty arrogant. Especially since, as you yourself said, you've never experienced love and don't know what it feel like.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Has no idea what love is.

Tells me to "So do yourself a favor and stop chasing the magical, idealized version of love because it really is no different from all the other rocks on the ground. It has a shiny side and a stained side."

Good joke.

10+ Year Old Account

infracted - trolling
    Wow, you really are new to adult life, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    love is awesome especially when someone loves you back. Its a super powerful emotion, experience its power
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    you even watch interstella muthafucker