Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    But don't deny that there are people who have legitimate reasons for regular interruptions.
    regular interruptions?
    I understand what are you saying but its not right imo. if you could have regular interruptions dont get in a party that is trying to do something against the clock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo82 View Post
    am sure many of you faced this situation during mythic + real life issue surface and they want you to do something , wife go pick up kids now - mother take the trash out NOW etc etc because of mythic timer am now limiting my play time to 12 AM when everyone is sleeping , wondering how do u guys cope with this issue
    You make sure to plan your Mythic+ better? As well, do the chores first?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

After 8 years of fights with my mother on that topic (I don't care if you can pause it or not, it's just a game. + lots of hate towards games/computers in general and arguments about school grades/having no friends/being fat and not going out/spending time with virtual people/etc) every day... I finally managed to get through to her recently. But she only listened to me because I made several massive changes in my life that pretty much solved all the problems she had with me (other than spending an entire day on the computer on free days) and earned her absolute trust.

But in the end, no matter how achieved you are, communication is key. That person needs to know that to you it's more than just a game. Might end up being considered crazy/addicted instead, but then the people you live with are the problem, not you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the main reasons I can't do M+ very regularly. I don't often have 30 min of time where I know for sure that I won't be interrupted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want less denial or accusations, and more admission or acknowledgement from people that they simply have better circumstances than others, and that they understand others do not.
    If they want to cater to or support that is up to them, I don't want to force that on anyone.
    But don't deny that there are people who have legitimate reasons for regular interruptions.
    I don't think there are any denial that some people can get interruptions constantly.

People are only having problems with them as they are ruining the fun for everyone else, it is their problem and should keep to themselves without turning it into other people's problems.

Which in a way, they are right.

Luckily i have had 1 year older brother who likes to play too with only 1 computer so who playing wont't disturbed, who waiting did the chores

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    regular interruptions?
    I understand what are you saying but its not right imo. if you could have regular interruptions dont get in a party that is trying to do something against the clock.
    I can have unpredictable interruptions.
    I don't do such content yet for that reason, and will soon try during what are going to be the worst hours to find people, early morning.

I am not making any mythic plus groups suffer because I am not doing mythic plus.
    So this isn't a case of me ignoring the needs of others.
    I recognise that problem, I just want less dismissal of there being such a thing as a real life that we can't simply schedule away.
    Your circumstances are your own and not anybody else's.

Even outside of the keystone issue this is a problem in many areas of content, where players are overall far less willing than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyputty View Post
    Look into Openraid. They have pre-made groups there. You can schedule a run at a time where you won't be interrupted.
    I am aware of it, but will give it a go after gauging how realistic it is during the early morning hours.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-19 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

If you have time constraints or even a possibility of having to leave for reasons (whatever they might be), then that it is not something the game or even the community has to manage. That is something that is completely up to you to take into account when you play.
    I, for example, can't play during daytime because I have other issues to attend and stuff, so I schedule shit for when I have the time to do stuff without being interrupted.
    For example, for timed stuff (ie, not raiding) our guild would have certain days and then for raiding and content that can actually handle an interruption we have others.
    We cope with it that way, and with trying to think that whenever we are interrupted we're actually making 20 or so people wait... or 4 people lose loot from timed content.
    I would suggest you just schedule things for whenever you really know you can just sit and run a M+ through without being interrupted, and do other stuff that can be, eh, "paused" the other time.
    But if you simply can't make the time to run content that is actually timed without being interrupted... then that is actually completely your fault and therefore content that is simply suited for you, and luckily you have like a shit ton more content you can do

I just don't run mythic+ when I know I could very well have to go afk. Either you can set aside time to run them without interruptions or you can't. I really don't see what there is to discuss.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it's parents, well tough luck. They are your overlords until you gtfo of there.

A partner says hey can you go do this or that? " A good partner would know to leave me alone when I'm in the middle of something."

If the first, time will solve it. If the second, get some backbone and tell them to give you space.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Family with various medial issues, most notably back issues affecting mobility therefore often prompting interruptions to what I am doing when I am needed to things they cannot so easily do themselves, if at all.
    The difference is the OP mentioned something that is common and easily avoided, you mentioned something that is hard to avoid but uncommon (being basically a day care worker for a family member). It's a similar case as having a baby, either you get someone to relieve you for a bit or you just can't do much about the subject.

It's a similar case as complaining shift work goes against most scheduled raiding because it's arranged around the majority who work from morning to 6pm.

Or that a bad quality internet goes against real time online gaming.

lol take the trash out now, you just do it before/after.

if someone is that anal about you doing it right now you probably have more issues or they do than your mythic+ runs.

I agree that we should not be dropping that on random people if we can avoid it.
    It is just the horrible "me, me, me" mentality that used to be rare but is now increasingly common.
    Even in closed groups such as guilds it is getting harder to find people who actually care about anyone but themselves.
    You say "me, me me" mentality, but that's the same one you have. Only when you look at it from the other side of the table, you're inconveniencing anywhere from 4 to 29 people. It's pretty selfish of YOU to hold up 29 people for your IRL problem. Maybe you should find a game with a pause button? It sucks that life dealt you a shitty hand, but it's nobody's problem but your own.

I just play when i have time.

I play when I have time, and don't do any organised content.

I live in Siam atm, I don't raid and don't run M+ cuz there's an issue of random disconnects, sometimes I get DCed every 15 minutes, sometimes every 1 hours, sometimes it doesn't happen, and there's literally nothing I can do about it.

But instead of making others suffer cuz of MY issues, I suffer alone, lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo82 View Post
    am sure many of you faced this situation during mythic + real life issue surface and they want you to do something , wife go pick up kids now - mother take the trash out NOW etc etc because of mythic timer am now limiting my play time to 12 AM when everyone is sleeping , wondering how do u guys cope with this issue
    Need to take out the trash, Im sure that CAN wait 20-30min, unless the garbage truck is right around the corner.

Also, how old are u, as u mention both wife and mother asking u do take out trash.

How i cope, i do important stuff before i do M+, if its something minor like taking out the trash, i say "ill do it in 15" ez
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s