Question [Resto] Mastery: Harmony question.

I just got a bit confused checking some guides. On several places I see it is stated that Resto Druid Mastery: Harmony affects only max of 3 HoTs.

Example Wowhead Mastery: Harmony passive spell: Your healing is increased by 5% for each of your Restoration heal over time effects on the target$witch<1>[][, up to 3].

Example Icy-veins Resto Druid guide: Your Mastery, Mastery: Harmony, increases your healing done to a target for each HoT that you have on that target at the time, up to 3 HoTs. The amount by which your healing is increased depends on how much Mastery you have.

But in-game my Resto Mastery doesn't say anything about "up to 3" and I see on various forums how people talk about 5-6-X HoTs stack for max mastery value.

What's up with that?!

It used to affect a certain amount IIRC. That's no longer the case.

Just tested it. There was a very clear distinction between 3 HoTs and 5 HoTs.

Regrowth Critical with 5 HoTs (Rejuv, Germ, Regrowth, Lifebloom, Wild Growth): ~484k
    Regrowth Critical with 3 HoTs (Rejuv, Germ, Regrowth): ~396k
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-11-19 at 04:20 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It used to affect a certain amount IIRC. That's no longer the case AFAIK.
    This. On the launch of Legion, that 3 hots per target limit was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    This. On the launch of Legion, that 3 hots per target limit was removed.
    Just checked Wowhead's build history on the Mastery. For whatever reason, it's still using an older version.

I assure you, OP, this is no longer the case. My Regrowth didn't get an extra ~90k from nothing :P
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.