Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    "I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

Those are his own words. Add to that the long list of allegations of sexual misconduct, and I can't see how any rational person could dismiss it as "pure nonsense" or "ignorable personal opinion."
    You missed the "They let you do it"?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    And the most frustrating part is that now that it happened, people are making it sound like any opposition to anything bad will just make it worse.

I'm actually less worried about the actual racists as I am about the non-racists willing to back off on their own moral stance just because of the rhetoric about "making it worse" by "angering the racists" or something.
    Calling Republicans and Trump racists doesn't solve any problems. The change has to be toward calling behavior, written policy, or speech itself racist. Without that distinction it is merely an attempt at applying a stigma without argumentation.

Yeah, then it's not slander to simply speak of him in his own words.
    Reid's speech was nonesuch. This is what he said;

"The election of Donald Trump has emboldened the forces of hate and bigotry in America. White nationalists, Vladimir Putin and ISIS are celebrating Donald Trump’s victory, while innocent, law-abiding Americans are wracked with fear...”

“African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Muslim Americans, LGBT Americans and Asian Americans [..] children waking up in the middle of the night crying, terrified that Trump will take their parents away.”

“We as a nation must find a way to move forward without consigning those who Trump has threatened to the shadows. Their fear is entirely rational, because Donald Trump has talked openly about doing terrible things to them.”

“If this is going to be a time of healing, we must first put the responsibility for healing where it belongs: at the feet of Donald Trump, a sexual predator who lost the popular vote and fueled his campaign with bigotry and hate.”

Ok, so, where is the slander there?

Hell, a good chunk of that is demonstrably true. (Even if it's not all entirely reasonable)
    "a sexual predator".

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    But the guy saying China is behind global warming, with potential people he wants in positions that think global warming is a hoax, that gays should be jailed for having sex, and that conversion therapy totally works. Oh yeah none of that is embrassing tat all.

- - - Updated - - -

Democrats losing is an absolute embarrassment of our entire country... not just the democratic party.

Woman who has been in government and has very high ratings because she has always been able to work with both dems and republicans to get legislation passed

vs

man who has divided the country... oh yeah... and the country chose Trump.
    LOL clinton having high ratings. Yeah, ok. Worked with republicans and democrats to pass legislation? Politifact would rate that a false and the only legislation she passed in 8 years was about trivial shit like naming a highway, a park, and a post office. Did she co-sponsor a lot of shit? Sure. Good for her for doing that. Did she do anything of particular good or note during her entire public career? Not really, unless you count arming child soldiers being one of them.

Donald Trump dividing a country? Nope we've had a coddling epidemic in the left, with a president along with liberal media essentially pushing race war propaganda on us for the last 8 years or so.

Thanks for the lulz though

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You basically can't call behavior racist without people taking it as you calling them racist and a bad person.
    Yes but it's fine if the thought process always happens in that order, racist behavior -> apply racist label.

If people go to the label then just stay at that part of sequence then they have bypassed the need to form real arguments against the judged person.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-11-18 at 04:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That has been a particularly annoying thing for me. It's like since Trump won, a lot of people, not even necessarily Trump supporters, are trying to force everyone even slightly critical of anything to be optimistic at imaginary gunpoint. I'm hardly predicting the end of the world or the death of America and am certainly not bothering to wildly speculate about how terrible everything will be, yet I'm constantly met with IT'S NOT BAD. EVERYTHING IS FINE. SITUATION NORMAL. CALM DOWN. And it's like... well, I am calm..
    Any time I offer criticism, it's generally met with "TRUMP WON, GET OVER IT, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. YOU'RE JUST BUTTHURT AND SALTY. STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT TRUMP AT ALL BECAUSE HE WON THE ELECTION."

I didn't think it was possible, but the stupidity quotient went up immensely among those people after the election.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad Manchin took time off from his busy schedule of shilling for EpiPen. Where was his populist rage when the company moved over to Europe? Or when they were gouging US consumers and medicare.

I'm just floored at his bravery for taking shots at a retiring senator. Punching down seems to be the new norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Relevant music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16UsL72Ztk

Interested on your interpretation.

Ok, so if that's still the only point you take issue with, I'm not sure what the other three quotes were thrown in for.
    Indeed the phrase is my only real issue with Reid's speech. As my initial post here in indicated.

I copied Reid's full quote as reported and pasted in full for total clarity on his comments. Unlike the OP article which left out some parts of his speech. It is one quote actually, the website format was simply not removed.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-11-19 at 12:01 AM. Reason: On mobile

This is pretty hilarious.

The guy is bragging about sexually assaulting women. Whether he actually did it or not, if he gets called a sexual predator as a result, that's his own dumb stupid fault.
    No where did he say that there was no consent nor is there any evidence he did those things without consent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Any time I offer criticism, it's generally met with "TRUMP WON, GET OVER IT, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. YOU'RE JUST BUTTHURT AND SALTY. STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT TRUMP AT ALL BECAUSE HE WON THE ELECTION."

I didn't think it was possible, but the stupidity quotient went up immensely among those people after the election.
    So really no different than Obama and his "I won" and "elections have consequences" statements and the millions of people who parroted those eh? Who would have thought it, partisans being partisan.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    So really no different than Obama and his "I won" and "elections have consequences" statements and the millions of people who parroted those eh? Who would have thought it, partisans being partisan.
    The difference being Obama was fairly average as far as transitions and Presidencies go, and didn't campaign on extremist policies.

Yeah, the consequences for Obama's election was 8 years of stable center-left government and decent economic performance.

Where as Trump, as much as his word can be believed, has run on a proto-fascist platform and appointed such ignobles as Flynn, Bannon, and Sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The difference being Obama was fairly average as far as transitions and Presidencies go, and didn't campaign on extremist policies.
    As long as the transition happens without a hitch it really doesn't matter, we can debate the circus aspect until all the oxygen vanishes from Earth so really it's irrelevant.

No he campaigned on dime store slogans and as the Not Bush, more or less a combination of both Trump and Hillary in this cycle. The notion of extremist policies is really just another question of ones' biases and palate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah, the consequences for Obama's election was 8 years of stable center-left government and decent economic performance.

Where as Trump, as much as his word can be believed, has run on a proto-fascist platform and appointed such ignobles as Flynn, Bannon, and Sessions.
    Elections have consequences kiddo, learn to swim.

Decent economic performance=8 years of can kicking. Truly amusing.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Elections have consequences kiddo, learn to swim.
    This is such a nonsequiter.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    "I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

Those are his own words. Add to that the long list of allegations of sexual misconduct, and I can't see how any rational person could dismiss it as "pure nonsense" or "ignorable personal opinion."
    People still trying to use a private conversation between a bunch of guys probably trying to out-alpha eachother by speaking shit as an actually indication of him being an actual "sexual predator"

It's as if people don't realise guys speak shit in private to eachother about Women. Just like Women speak shit about Men in private.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is such a nonsequiter.
    Yeah I agree, still very funny to use because it's impossible to not apply it ironically and at the same time slam Obama for his stupidity in saying it.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    People still trying to use a private conversation between a bunch of guys probably trying to out-alpha eachother by speaking shit as an actually indication of him being an actual "sexual predator"

It's as if people don't realise guys speak shit in private to eachother about Women. Just like Women speak shit about Men in private.
    This ^^^^^^

I realize ppl are gonna quote this post and "debunk" it. I don't really care. I'd rather vote for a pussy grabber than someone who would leave 4 people to die while she texts her daughter about her wedding.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.