Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I get the feeling Chris read the wow general forums one too many times in recent years, they can drive a sane man into obscurity with the amount of criticism that is on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    GC: "Deliver on expectations from Arthas and the Warcraft RTS about how a death knight would play. Example: Death and Decay was an iconic DK ability that WoW had given to the Warlocks."

LOLWUT

Death and Decay was a Lich ability in WC3, and it was never given to Warlocks in WoW.
    Death and Decay was never a Warlock ability, so you're right. He's probably talking about Death Coil; however, Death and Decay was a Death Knight ability in Warcraft II (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Death_and_Decay).

It was a Lich ability in Warcraft III as noted.

Am I the only one who would give anything to know what the hell Titan was?

Still sad Titan didnt work out, with knowing how OW is, a MMO of that could have such a potential.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytude View Post
    Overwatch is whats left after they scrapped "Titan". From earlier reports and stuff it was said to be a FPS MMORPG and when they scrapped it they took the pieces and made Overwatch

10+ Year Old Account
    Who were the monsters that didn't like the corgi?

Now I know better why I love Chris so much. He shares many characteristics with me.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    we're all gonna miss Chris metzen so much. He was a fine developer in history.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account

interview

we're all gonna miss chris metzen so much.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    we're all gonna miss Chris so much.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ all the people saying Mages are OP and thus deserve the removal from the game that we're getting.

Spoilers, no one cares about your 4/7 H / +3 Mythic exp.

But if they stimulate the demand for WOW token and the supply remains constant, the price of the token in gold will inevitably rise dramatically. For players, who use the token, would have to stimulate the offer, so that the price does not exceed 100k, as in Europe and Asia

Quote Originally Posted by Spacehunter View Post
    panic / anxiety attacks are crippling, i called an ambulance the first time i had one, took me a couple of years to truly understand them and how to deal with them
    The thing is society at large hears 'panic attack' and think that, just because it has the word 'panic' in it it's nothing serious. I had to leave a job because I was in 'crunch' mode 24/7 and it eventually ate away into a panic attack, which everyone around me was utterly dismissive of.

Leaving that job was the best thing that ever happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    Death and Decay was never a Warlock ability, so you're right. He's probably talking about Death Coil; however, Death and Decay was a Death Knight ability in Warcraft II (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Death_and_Decay).

It was a Lich ability in Warcraft III as noted.
    Warlock and Death Knight were the same thing in WC2. Death Knights were just "zombie warlocks". WC3 retconned all that.

"Death Knight

These soldiers of darkness were created by Gul'dan to replace the slaughtered warlock clans. Assembled from the corpses of the Knights of Azeroth slain in the last battles of the First War, these abominations were then instilled with the ethereal essence of the Shadow Council. Further empowered with magical energies culled from the slain necrolytes, the Death Knights wield an arsenal of necromantic and elemental spells that mete out all but certain death to the enemies of the Horde.
    "
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

The most fun DK experience I've had was in the Wrath beta with unholy dk. You had four diseases (unholy blight and ebon plaguebringer both counted as diseases), and death strike's heal scaled off the number of heals you had. Man...that was some righteous self-healing. And really dark 'feeling' damage spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Thrall's story was a way for Metzen to try to call out for help? Thrall feeling like he was needed so much and was overwhelmed with having to be the leader that can't fail his people, when all he wanted was to pass the torch and be able to settle down with his family? He even passed down Doomhammer because he felt he was no longer worthy of it and knew the hero shaman could surpass him. At the very least, it is an interesting theory
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytude View Post
    There was a leak shortly after it cancelled where some beans were spilled. It's basically the same Overwatch "Pixar Incredibles style" setting except you controlled a custom superhero (as well as their normal alter ego, like Batman & Bruce Wayne) while the ones in the current Overwatch game right now were NPC's you interacted with.

There were actually two MMO's in one, a mundane world where you did simple tasks like work at a job, craft stuff, go on simple quests and play Facebook-style games basically do all the normal things your WoW character does when not in a raid. Then there was a raiding game where you play as your superhero in a fantastic world that existed beneath the veil of the mundane world, as part of the Overwatch, you would get called to handle things. It was all set in real-world locations. The raids were 1st person team shooter style.

When Titan was cancelled, they basically took all the existing assets and built a TF2 style game around it which is why they were able to do it in about 2 years.

Deleted
    Came into this thread expecting at least a few people losing their shit over private groups because "MMOS SHOULD BE SOCIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Left disappointed.

I like the idea of the private groups, otherwise simplifying getting groups together with people you already know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    GC: "Deliver on expectations from Arthas and the Warcraft RTS about how a death knight would play. Example: Death and Decay was an iconic DK ability that WoW had given to the Warlocks."

LOLWUT

Death and Decay was a Lich ability in WC3, and it was never given to Warlocks in WoW.
    It's possible that he meant Death Coil and just wrote the name wrong.