Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You all say a 24hour ban is enough punnishement. This is what a guy who actually got a 24 hour ban says though "I am not mad at all lol. I got a 24 hour ban, I took the risk, didn't pay off. I couldn't care less I got a 24 hour ban".

They dont acre. They need stronger punnishment then that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    I did learn. I will lose the AP and I got a 24 hour ban. I wont do it again. It was risk vs reward.

I bet you DL and stream movies in RL though? It's okay to judge people to exploit a bug in a game, but I bet you don't break any laws yourself.
    I stream via netflix yeah. I dont steal and i've never downloaded shit like that. i also dont use addblock.

Kids dont know what kind of effect it has when they do that stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Vacation? how is a ban from WoW a vacation, as if you are obligated to play lol. If/when they have removed the AP, its a 24 hour-2 week ban for some. that is punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not mad at all lol. I got a 24 hour ban, I took the risk, didn't pay off. I couldn't care less I got a 24 hour ban. I just think how people spout shit about rsetting AK to one can justify that. It literally makes no sense.
    Exactly you couldn't care less that you got a 24 hour ban so that means its not a punishment then. Punishment should be more severe to make the risk/reward not worth taking. With this pathetic punishment even more people will be doing this shit next time.

Remove all AP they got by exploiting and ban them for 3 days. Done.
    That being said, botting deserves instant permanent IP ban.

Quote Originally Posted by vradar View Post
    Exactly you couldn't care less that you got a 24 hour ban so that means its not a punishment then. Punishment should be more severe to make the risk/reward not worth taking. With this pathetic punishment even more people will be doing this shit next time.
    Then Blizzard should design their game better and check for these kinds of exploits. Of course people will exploit something beneficial especially if the punishment is minimal. Also most people here are just mad because they didn't get to do it.

I bet all the people in this thread who are against the idea exploited that bug.

What a silly idea. The punishment is the ban, and removing the AP from those that exploited extensively. Punishing them further by also taking away the progress they've made legitimately is just over the top. Luckily, random nobodies on a forum have no sway on what actions Blizzard take.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    I bet all the people in this thread who are against the idea exploited that bug.
    And you'd be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    That or they are just mad they never got to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    And then what? This people will quit en mass. Its essentially Blizzards fault because of the silly grind they created for such a mandatory thing. I was there, thousends of people exploited it, the last target you had to kill was camped by 20+ 5 men grps at the same time (on one shard).
    Unless you're in a top end progression guild (which doesn't even equate to 1% of the total playerbase), it's not mandatory.
    I've been playing casually since Legion was released and have managed to unlock more than 30 traits in my main artifact weapon, on top of maintaining both off spec weapons. Once you start getting into the higher ranks of Artifact Knowledge, the AP gains increase dramatically. So there really is no need to force yourself to grind when waiting and playing the game normally will be just as effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I think the ban should be longer than a day tbh. 3-7 days would be justified in my opinion; people who used the exploit knew very well what they are doing.
    Personally I'd say the rest of the reset + lose the AP gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then Blizzard should design their game better and check for these kinds of exploits. Of course people will exploit something beneficial especially if the punishment is minimal. Also most people here are just mad because they didn't get to do it.
    In a game as big and as complex as WoW, there are bound to be things that will be overlooked or manage to sneak through. The developers are only human, after all.
    But, if you're such an expert, maybe you should apply for a job at Blizzard. I'm sure your advanced knowledge of game design would be invaluable to them. /sarcasm.

15+ Year Old Account
    The world quests are bugged anyways. Even the world boss quests don't complete always despite killing the boss multiple times.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Of course they should do more to punish the exploiters. Sadly if all you're going to risk is a 1-2 day vacation and having your gains reset people are just going to do it whenever it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    But they took nothing away and the ban is near meaningless because they got more AP from doing it then they could earn in a few day ban. Heck some got more than they could earn in a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

As of yet nothing has been removed though
    Well if them saying they are removing it was merely a PR stunt then sure its no good. But they said they will remove the AP earned from "excessive" abusers. I guess the real question is what is that line of excessive. I mean I know I did it 3 times during the day unwittingly as I logged on and off and did world quests.

But then the problem is more just a blind lie which I doubt is going on. I suspect the problem is more people that earned up to, from what I have heard, a million or two AP in hours. Those people will be seeing the AP removed. Someone that logged in and out 3, 4, or 5 times likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    What a silly idea. The punishment is the ban, and removing the AP from those that exploited extensively. Punishing them further by also taking away the progress they've made legitimately is just over the top.
    no its not. exploiting a bug should never be considered as risk vs reward situation, it should be a situation where if you get caught youre compeletely and utterly fucked.
    alternatively, they could choose the positive reinforcement approach and encourage people to report exploits, for example in this case they couldve distributed the AP gained by exploiters among the people who reported the bug and didnt exploit it.

i want to know how much people exploited the ap by about and how long the suspension was for it

Deleted
    Seriously, how many threads are needed on this subject?
    It just seems that the people who didn't do it all think that the people who did gained million and millions of AP and are regular cheaters.
    I did it. Never exploited a thing in this game since day 1 vanilla, never been in any trouble on my account and literally got like 200k AP from doing it.
    The fact of the matter is that I'm not the only person who would usually never ever dream of exploiting in this game, but because this AP grind sucks so fucking much I wanted to take advantage and catch up to the other raiders in my guild who are miles ahead of me due to the amount of time they have to play the game.
    Lets be honest, it wasn't a serious offence in any way shape or form. Blizzard are just using the people who did it as an example to not do shit like this.
    There are literally hundreds of thousands of botters out there EVERY DAY dragging this game down, automating everything from honour to gold grinds, and people are calling for heads to roll cos a few of us got like 200k AP? Yeah, sure there were people who got like a mil AP, but I very much doubt there are people who got a huge amount more than that (and I really don't care what you 'heard' that your healing officers best friends cousin got 3mil ap, I'm pretty sure they didn't).
    There are genuinely serious infractions going on every day in this game which spoil the economy and the game for us all and this is what people are pissed at? Absolute idiots.
    In a month or two that amount of AP people earned by doing this exploit won't mean a thing. It will be nothing.
    People seriously need to step down from their high horses and let this rest, its just getting old now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ru aware brah View Post
    i want to know how much people exploited the ap by about and how long the suspension was for it
    A couple people in my guild got ~1mil AP and were suspended for 24 hours.
    A guy got 80k and wasn't suspended at all

Remove the unjust ap and for punishment just remove one level from their legendary weapon - no ban. That hurts much more.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    I got around 200k, and a 2 day ban.
    I'm not sure how long the quest had been available for before the hotfix, I hear around 2.5 - 3hrs.
    So do the math, the quest was taking 2-3mins to complete in a 5man group including 20 secs to log out, and rewarded most people 10.3k AP
    You seriously couldn't have got an insane amount of AP (like 2+mil) unless you started when the quest popped in a 5man group and continued to do it until it was hotfixed.
    Also, can people please stop coming up with 'their ideas on what punishment should be'
    Blizzard literally don't give a fuck what you think and neither do the rest of us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    I propose for everyone who completed that quest more then once that day:

- 6 Months ban (standard for cheating)
    - Reset of AK back to 1
    - Reset of all Artifacts on all affected characters.
    That would effectively kill that account for this expansion. Like someone else said, roll their artifacts back to the day before the infraction and keep the 2 day ban. That's punishment enough and discourages future abuse.