Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    There need to be more catch-up mechanics. Burnout this expansion is bad enough as it is without having to grind out shit on your alts.

Patch 4.3 was a good example of how alts should be, easy to level and plenty of catch up mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    What we learned with diablo 1 way back 20 years ago is that most players just want god mode and then go one shotvthe end boss and quit forever. Basically ruin the game. So we got the client server model to prevent hacking to force people to play the game. Now players endlessly whine to try to make games easier and easier with the end goal of god mode and one shotting the end boss

1. Leveling alts is too hard remove leveling!
    2. Gearing up is too boring give us free starter epics!
    3. Gearing is boring so give us best in slot gear!
    4. Raiding is too hard give us an option to one shot everything so we can see the content!
    5. Why do we have to wait to one shot the content? Thats boring! Let us one shot the end boss as soon as patch is live!
    ( now you are where diablo 1 was at)
    6. Wow is boring haha i one shot everything i quit!

- - - Updated - - -

In other words, making alts instalevel will NOT in any any way end the whining. If they did this, people will just probably whine and scream that mains should be instalevel as well
    ???
    You have to level the class up from level1 still, you can just play all classes on a single character.

Deleted
    If they speed the game up even more it will turn into a queueable matchmaking game at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowGobo View Post
    If they speed the game up even more it will turn into a queueable matchmaking game at some point.
    It already is.

These threads are part of the reason why i dont play anymore. These threads are why i want a vanilla serrver. Really sick of people whining to make the game easier.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    These threads are part of the reason why i dont play anymore. These threads are why i want a vanilla serrver. Really sick of people whining to make the game easier.
    All I did was ask the question to see the responses. My opinion is yes they should.

Deleted
    Your main's progression should make your alt time easier indeed. The very least you should get increased rep/AP gain, as those are the biggest sources of annoyance. Some games have solved the rep issue by making all reputations shared for all your characters on that server. And it's definitely not breaking the game or immersion one bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    I agree.
    I don't think the "main" and "alt" distinction should be implemented in gameplay at all.
    Those should be just terms to be used outside the game to denote characters you spend more/less time on.

Account wide collectibles (mounts/pets/toys/transmorgs) is OK, but this should not extend to content (like account wide rep or attunements).
    Agreed for the most part.

I do like that they made certain things like Insta-World Quest availability upon hitting 110 for your alts or not having to grind Nightfallen rep to get access to CoS and Arcway on Alts. But aside from a few small details, no. Alts are alts for a reason. They are the characters that I work on when either I need their professions or when my main is pretty much fully geared up.

And I say this as a guy with 4 level 110's now. they are all various degrees of progression and honestly, that's okay. Mains are mains for a reason. If all my toons were maxed out in BiS gear and 30+ traits on all their artifacts I'd be bored as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    grinding doesn't equal skill
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I think they should be a separate character and take effort to gear. I'm just very old school like that. Leveled from 1 as well. No boosts.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    You should be able to play and level all classes on a single character.
    While I think that would be awesome it might be a bit too much considering how many specs there are in the game. In FF14 there aren't that many so it makes more sense.
    I think dual classing would be a great addition though. And maybe these could unlock a totally new spec as well. That would be kinda cool.

Deleted
    WoW doesn't even offer the content it has... you get 60 and you directly go to outland. It repeats itself all over again: All the great things they created perished along the road, making leveling a grind fest without any story - which actually most mmorpgs do better than WoW. Just look at FFXIV - you get 50 and then an enormous amount of quality content will await till you even reach the expansion.

WoW really lacks a good way to expand a plot. Scenarios were awesome, yet they scrapped them without ever make use of them in leveling or "required" content...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Personally I think yes and Blizzard have done a good job with it. You should not be handed free AK and epics just because you have already done it once. Should put as much effort into each toon instead of getting it easy on alts which Blizzard have done well with this expansion imo.

Edit. Crap just realised I misspelled second. If a mod could fix that then it would be helpful.
    This /tenchar

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind effort for gearing in general. However, there are some things I think should be there for Alts right now that just aren't.

Reputations - After you've done this on your Main, and Alt should get a boosted amount. They did this in MoP and it has no negative effect or cause any issues to anyone else.

Artifact Knowledge - Yes, they are partially solving this. But right now 2 days per level for 14 Levels is still almost a month to be able to even gain anywhere near the amount of AP your main can do. 7.1.5 let's you buy AK, but at 500 OR each it's 7500 up to AK 15 (Max your can catch up to on PTR) it's still costly in OR unless you have a pile of Blood of Sargeras around (38 for 7600 OR at 200 OR each). AK and AP are serious grinds right now, and whilst you should have to earn AP on your Alt, you should be able to get the same amount on an Alt as you can on your Main from doing something, instead of 11,400 on a Main and 300 on an Alt.

Order Hall Sets - This is more controversial, but the Order Hall sets are relatively decent and in many cases under used. I'd like to see you only needing the requirements on your Main (All Dungeons, 100k AP, Reps etc.) to be able to get the sets on your Alt. I would rather see the sets on Alts Purchasable at 110, but only at 810 ilvl. That way you can use the set to start World Quests and Dungeons, instead of the usual thing of getting an 840 WQ item and never even needing to purchase the set.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Personally I think yes and Blizzard have done a good job with it. You should not be handed free AK and epics just because you have already done it once. Should put as much effort into each toon instead of getting it easy on alts which Blizzard have done well with this expansion imo.

Edit. Crap just realised I misspelled second. If a mod could fix that then it would be helpful.
    Yes, it should be a second character, with a second campaign, and a second pile of work. Want and alt, stop slacking.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    While I think that would be awesome it might be a bit too much considering how many specs there are in the game. In FF14 there aren't that many so it makes more sense.
    I think dual classing would be a great addition though. And maybe these could unlock a totally new spec as well. That would be kinda cool.
    It works in FF14 because of the way the game is designed. They can add as many jobs as they want. Right now there are 13 jobs so actually there are more classes/jobs than WoW but of course Tank is tank, Healer is healer and DPS is DPS there are no specs like WoW.

Tank. Dark Knight, Warrior and Paladin.
    Healer. Astrologian, White Mage and Scholar.
    DPS. Bard, Ninja, Machinist, Black Mage, Summoner, Monk and Dragoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    who are you and what have you done with the real eleccybubb?
    I'm here Bjoramier. I've always been here <3
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-19 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There need to be more catch-up mechanics. Burnout this expansion is bad enough as it is without having to grind out shit on your alts.

Patch 4.3 was a good example of how alts should be, easy to level and plenty of catch up mechanics.
    can't remember how catch up in cata was but I know the system in 3.3 was good (imo)
    maybe it was the same or similar

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    can't remember how catch up in cata was but I know the system in 3.3 was good (imo)
    maybe it was the same or similar
    In theory it's similar. Three dungeons with last tier gear and you could queue for them separate to normal heroics. Easy catchup.

Deleted
    Artifact Knowledge should have been account wide from Day 1. Criminal it's not.

3.3 was just gear catch up with dungeons which was built off the one in BC. Cata also followed that catchup mechanism. Reputation and leveling grinds remained untouched. Players just did not have to fully grind everything from expansions launch in order to touch content two to three tiers later. Players that were actively maintaining their alts received no benefit.