Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes Method lost EN race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Why would it be awkward? World First Guldan doesnt give them world first Xav and Heyla......... Does it?
    Because a lot of people started waxing poetic about the strong leadership of Method and the general attitude towards the race. Would be pretty funny to see the reaction to Serenity getting world first Gul'dan. That is if they can manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    More awkward than Serenity stating there would be 'no competition', 'best wow guild', 'n1 guild', 'sco was the problem'? Don't think so
    People are posting this stuff because they were SUPER arrogant, and it backfired. I kinda feel bad for most of serenity, and they are all great players, but a few of them were incredibly cocky....
    Schadenfreude is the word you're looking for. They were cocky in prior interview, although I'd also have to admit I thought there would be no competition when 18 of 20 Method players left to form their own raid team. I don't recall the "sco was the problem?" outside of the recent image with Koffrey. As far as I remember they left Method because they thought Sco was selling them out for the Method brand or something.

Either way, I still think it's going to be funny/interesting for the world first race to Gul'dan for several reasons.

How to win nighthold. Tell all your melee to have a shadow priest raid ready.

Win

Deleted
    As far as I remember "sco was the problem" also comes from him playing almost exclusively warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    As far as I remember "sco was the problem" also comes from him playing almost exclusively warrior.
    To be fair I think Slootbag is largely guilty of the same thing with his Paladin if I remember correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    To be fair I think Slootbag is largely guilty of the same thing with his Paladin if I remember correct. Except I see him playing his BRM monk on Odyn for some reason.
    It's less pronounced for Slootbag. His drood has 884 illv and his monk is also decently geared. Sco has basically his warrior and to a lesser extent a drood.

Because a lot of people started waxing poetic about the strong leadership of Method and the general attitude towards the race. Would be pretty funny to see the reaction to Serenity getting world first Gul'dan. That is if they can manage it.
    That's because it's the logical explanation and almost certainly the reason Method are even competitive right now with the REM members.

It doesn't matter if Serenity get their shit together and beat Method the simple fact is Serenity talked shit and couldn't step up when everyone was watching them. They said Method were no competition and then got beat by them. Even if Serenity beats Method the rest of the expansion it doesn't matter anymore - it was their own fault everyone stopped fanboying them due to their childish marketing.

And for what it's worth, it is a nice that we actually have a race right now that could be considered competitive rather than having a 90% winner. None of Exorsus / Method / Serenity have truly made a lead when it comes to cementing themselves as a WF guild (ignoring Method pre-Serenity for the purposes of this point) - Serenity can still get that although they have a little more ground to cover than the others.

Even if Serenity beat Gul'dan a week before the other guilds though, it doesn't change the fact they fucked up by talking shit and not being able to back it up. That is going to be relevant to the world first race as long as Serenity is relevant in it's current form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    That's because it's the logical explanation and almost certainly the reason Method are even competitive right now with the REM members.

It doesn't matter if Serenity get their shit together and beat Method the simple fact is Serenity talked shit and couldn't step up when everyone was watching them. They said Method were no competition and then got beat by them. Even if Serenity beats Method the rest of the expansion it doesn't matter anymore - it was their own fault everyone stopped fanboying them due to their childish marketing.

And for what it's worth, it is a nice that we actually have a race right now that could be considered competitive rather than having a 90% winner. None of Exorsus / Method / Serenity have truly made a lead when it comes to cementing themselves as a WF guild (ignoring Method pre-Serenity for the purposes of this point) - Serenity can still get that although they have a little more ground to cover than the others.

Even if Serenity beat Gul'dan a week before the other guilds though, it doesn't change the fact they fucked up by talking shit and not being able to back it up. That is going to be relevant to the world first race as long as Serenity is relevant in it's current form.
    Like 3 people talked shit, the rest of Serenity are perfectly chill people. Everyone shouldn't take what 3 guys said as bs said by the entire guild.

Deleted
    Don't forget that Kuznam said that leaving Method to form Serenity was, among different opinions on the direction of the guild, due to "lack of leadership within Method" LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    Galfond says that the only boss that matters is the final boss of the tier; in this case, its Guldan
    No. The only boss that matters is the last one of the content that's available.
    You can discuss about some like yog+0 or algalon, shekzeer vs sha or tier 11 because there were a lot of different "end bosses" up at the same time

But in warlords all of us can remember paragon killed impregnator and won there while method killed blackhand since it were both different races.
    Atm there is just nothing higher to beat than helya hence they were all racing and getting prepped with R35 for it.

I get all this fanboying etc. but you should never discredit the competition for what they achieved. Ofc nighthold race will matter more, but it won't make them suddenly winners over the tier with EN or ToV included.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Like 3 people talked shit, the rest of Serenity are perfectly chill people. Everyone shouldn't take what 3 guys said as bs said by the entire guild.
    When they're some of the most well known names in the guild, including the leader, it most certainly does represent the entire guild.

If you don't approve of people shittalking in your guild you stop them or kick them.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    If you don't approve of people shittalking in your guild you stop them or kick them.
    We both know that isn't feasible though. Either way I don't expect MMO-Champion to restrain themselves enough, and it's kinda fun to have like a villain figure in the community. At one point it was Exorsus for releasing the Ra-den video before Method did.

When they're some of the most well known names in the guild, including the leader, it most certainly does represent the entire guild.

They can't just kick them though, because the guild leader is the worst for it. But credit where credit is due, a lot of them are really good guys. Just a few bring them down with their toxic attitudes.

We both know that isn't feasible though. Either way I don't expect MMO-Champion to restrain themselves enough, and it's kinda fun to have like a villain figure in the community. At one point it was Exorsus for releasing the Ra-den video before Method did.
    Method has been the villain figure in spite of Serenity's actions the latter half of HFC, and honestly if you want to call it 'villain' it's complete warranted. They've been assholes and now people are coming down on them for it.

Deleted
    Method has been the villain figure in spite of Serenity's actions the latter half of HFC, and honestly if you want to call it 'villain' it's complete warranted. They've been assholes and now people are coming down on them for it.
    I'm not sure what you're referring to when Method had been the villain figure in the latter half of HFC. When Serenity players left?
    Well, the reason for them leaving was pretty relatable at the time wasn't it. Sco was expanding the Method brand at the expense of their WoW team, so they decided that they'd leave without Sco. Or am I to understand it differently. What was said after leaving Sco & Rogerbrown behind was shit, but that hasn't changed their reason for departing.

I guess the only reasonable course of action is to be assholes to the assholes. Either way it's not too important to me, but at the same time it's moreso annoying to see the world first revolve around method vs serenity in this fashion. It's not like Paragon vs Method which was a lot less hostile and more focused around the skill of each team.

Personally I've never taken shittalkers seriously, so when you get people who left are immediately shittalking say nonsensical shit about businesses it ticks me off. I don't think many if any of the former method members are in a good position to talk about the Method business, just like most employees at companies don't know shit about the financials going on behind the scenes.

If they had kept mature aside from that, maybe it'd be relatable. When you immediately call them shit and say (in spite of their non-targeted comments that they'd continue to compete) they weren't competition you look dumb.

When you objectively do worse when measured against the only stick with have - exorsus - you make yourselves look incompetent. That's what they've done. Maybe they can get their shit together for NH, but currently it looks like they need to handle their PR better and that starts with people like Kuznam & Fragnance piping down and someone else doing the talking externally. Shock horror, the guys who shit on the people running the business of their previous guild are terrible at brand management - a factor of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    Galfond says that the only boss that matters is the final boss of the tier; in this case, its Guldan
    Who is Galfond? I don't recognize that name.

Edited to add a little more substance:

Congratulations to Method on their well-deserved World First Mythic Helya kill! It was really great to see that Trials of Valor, even as a "mini-raid," provided more of a challenge than Emerald Nightmare did.

Best of luck to Method and the rest of the guilds that will be competing in the race for World First Mythic Gul'dan come Nighthold!
    Last edited by happilyenslaved; 2016-11-20 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by happilyenslaved View Post
    Who is Galfond? I don't recognize that name.

Edited to add a little more substance:

Congratulations to Method on their well-deserved World First Mythic Helya kill! It was really great to see that Trials of Valor, even as a "mini-raid," provided more of a challenge than Emerald Nightmare did.

Best of luck to Method and the rest of the guilds that will be competing in the race for World First Mythic Gul'dan come Nighthold!
    The guy I quoted had the SN omgclayaiken. That's Phil Galfonds SN on Full Tilt; it's an online poker reference.

Quote Originally Posted by borisshayo View Post
    Nobody wants to read a book about some gay ass wow guild drama you god damned freak
    .....I don't care about the drama, reading is hard for you I see. I'm talking about writing a book about what it takes and how an online esports team is ran. From the branding, to how people get paid, to what it takes to deal with sponsors, dividing out money etc. There are tons of books written by people who've been successful in their field. It is how other people learn and it could actually teach people who want to break into this field what it takes and how it is done. So they don't get taken advantage of, but yes, I wanted a soap opera novel of course. Learn to read.

Well, the reason for them leaving was pretty relatable at the time wasn't it. Sco was expanding the Method brand at the expense of their WoW team, so they decided that they'd leave without Sco. Or am I to understand it differently.
    Here is a recent post on it, from Method's point of view.