Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is the character boost too cheap?

Personally I think so. Should be £50 or whatever the equivalent is in dollars if it is their intent to devalue the idea of buying it and not throwing money at the screen for loads of them. What about you guys? Is it too cheap?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-20 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    No, it's fine as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    the character boost should be 100 dollars or more.

better yet, remove it, except for each free boost for each new expansion.
    I agree 100 dollars is perfect. Barely anyone would buy it which is their intent. I've already bought 20 so far it's ridiculous.

Deleted
    Nah, the current price is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I agree 100 dollars is perfect. Barely anyone would buy it which is their intent. I've already bought 20 so far it's ridiculous.
    20?! Why the hell so you need 20 boosted characters? You buy all the classes on both factions or some shit?! 20?! Jesus man, Paypal me some cash So I can boost my Rogue lol

Personally I think so. Should be £50 or whatever the equivalent is in dollars if it is their intent to devalue the idea of buying it and not throwing money at the screen for loads of them. What about you guys? Is it too cheap?
    R.I.P. Eleccybubb. I will remember the poster you used to be and not the copycat you've become.

Given past discussions with you, you are obviously a player with decent experience and so I would expect you don't find levelling to be hard.
    There also seems to be a general statement from experienced players that leveling is not hard.
    So I am curious so to why you would buy boosts.

A discussion of price in isolation isn't much help without understanding why there is the demand.
    Both from the inexperienced who arguably benefit most, to the experienced who benefit least.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Just make it $1 per level.

If you're boosting something from 1 to 100, 99 dollars. If you're just trying to finish an alt quickly and go from 90 to 100? 10 bucks.

Very simple. Deters players from boosting all the way up with no idea how to plat their characters, but gives people trying to come back to the game a quick catch up mechanic that won't cost them much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    20?! Why the hell so you need 20 boosted characters? You buy all the classes on both factions or some shit?! 20?! Jesus man, Paypal me some cash So I can boost my Rogue lol
    he is lying. trying to sound uber cool, but going way overboard just makes him look like a complete joke. his post history reflects his questionable intentions with thread topics.

OT: as if it wasnt blatantly obvious, $60 is the upper end of the spectrum that blizz could charge. its cheap enough that some people will buy them, yet not too expensive to get zero return on.

truly Blizz would make way more money off of this service if they reduced the price. making it available to more people would actually increase their profits here.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-11-20 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

the character boost should be 100 dollars or more.

better yet, remove it, except for each free boost for each new expansion.
    Thats right!

Should be free tbh because leveling is awful.

It should be 20 euros at most

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah its not like he is a responsible human being who decided to spend money on a product 20 times

/s

people need to stop with eleccybubb hate
    i dont hate, but its so far overboard that if it is true, its disgusting bragging. which still makes him look foolish. a tryhard attempt at feeling cool. if it floats his boat, fine, but other people buying into the BS is disappointing.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

7+ Year Old Account
    The price is fine for now! So if they want to change it, I would def say $40-$50 but at least there should be an option for bundle for multiple boosts (Like 2-3 boosts for $100-$120).

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like a good idea but people will cry pay to win
    they already cry about it. they are wrong, but they cry anyway.

Too expensive.

7+ Year Old Account
    They should just remove it and let people buy increased XP instead. Ofcourse together with the scaling for all outworld content, things would go much faster.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Just make it $1 per level.

If you're boosting something from 1 to 100, 99 dollars. If you're just trying to finish an alt quickly and go from 90 to 100? 10 bucks.

Very simple. Deters players from boosting all the way up with no idea how to plat their characters, but gives people trying to come back to the game a quick catch up mechanic that won't cost them much.
    I certainly wouldn't be against this, but if the level cap gets updated to 120 next expansion, then it would basically be $1 per level anyways consider that most get to 60 before using the boost for the professions.

The price is just right. Its expensive enough to stop any frivolous buying.

I a I've already bought 20 so far it's ridiculous.
    20 of those.......???????????????????

10+ Year Old Account
    To cheap? Fuck no. It is to much. Compared to other MMOs its 2-4 times the price.
    Aye mate