Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    As I've stated in other threads, we don't know what the "bad luck protection" is. It's safe to say at the current acquisition it is something that starts quite low. Now, for those people that post "I've run 8000 mythic +!!!" as an example, if we start with a 1% chance on everything we do, and we gain say .0001% chance per m+ and a .00001% for lower, then after running 8000 mythics you would only go up to a 9% chance, which means that your chances still aren't great compared to people at, say 2.3% for content they have done. Also, every acquisition of a legendary resets the streak to 1%, so if you ran 5000 and got one, it goes back to 1%, meaning the next one is sitting at a 4% chance. The example is hypothetical and nearly shows that just because someone runs 10,000 things doesn't mean they will have them falling from the sky in praise of their work. Welcome to Begas odds people.

Except everyone I know averages 1 legendary per ~150 m+ and ~2 resets of heroic+mythic clears. And this is were this soft cap theory comes in. After 4th legendary it's extremely hard to get 5th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patoe View Post
    I got 5x Legendaries.
    Got my 4th during the raid 16/11 and my 5th few hours later on mythic+
    Elakpato-Kazzak
    24 days played
    Your armory at least says you haven't received one within last 6 days (14/11) as far back as it goes.

Your WCL say you've not used more than 3 different, though you could have gotted PVP Ring/Neck and never used.

Happy to be proven wrong (have been once in this thread).

Deleted
    are we talking about one character? i have 2 in 3 characters and 1 in a fourth so equal to 7 in my account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
    are we talking about one character? i have 2 in 3 characters and 1 in a fourth so equal to 7 in my account
    One character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
    Yes, one character. Legendary drops or separate per character on the BLP, as especially evident by the buff coming in 7.1.5.

Deleted
    Oh you got trash legendaries?

And you swapped to off-spec for gearing? Or are hoping to get something that you could wear and kind of like, be happy over getting?

Well fuck you, you aint getting anything bro. .l..

Blizzard logic.

Peace.

Well previously I thought it was strange given the odds to witness as many people receiving a second legendary so shortly after they got their first. Now I find the odds of so many people telling me they are stuck after the fourth strange but well who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by mokuton View Post
    they should increase the chance dramatically and end this fucking ridiculous system
    I agree, it's pretty discouraging when some of these legendaries boost certain spec damage up substantially...and then you dont get said legendaries and you have no way of competing with other people who have their bis legendaries for their spec. This system is bogus and I hope they never use it again going forward. It makes sense in D3 because legendaries are a plenty.

Honestly, I really think the theory of this thread is correct.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet, is that the rate of legendary acquisition should actually be going UP by very significant amounts, not down.

Why should it be going up? Very simple. Blizzard has stated many times that legendary drop chance is higher in more difficult content. As players get better gear, they start naturally gravitating towards higher end content, or at least start clearing the content they were doing much faster.

I'm going to assume that in a mythic 7 you're twice as likely to get a legendary as you are in a mythic 2, and at mythic 11 you're 2.5x as likely. If anyone wants to challenge that assumption, that's fine. I think though, that the idea I'm about to talk about more or less holds true regardless of the numbers you plug into it.

Back before mythic EN came out, most hardcore raiders had 1 legendary and were fishing for the second. A lot but not all of them got that second legendary. That was 28 days into the expanison. All of that farming focused on mythic/heroic dungeons in the first 21 days, then mythic+ and normal/heroic raids in days 21-28. The mythic+ dungeons being focused on were mainly 2-5 Maw/CoS/Arc.

After mythic EN got cleared, hardcore players got a massive jump in ilvl. Most hardcore groups started farming 5-6 after the AP change, with some moving up to 7s. Over time, the most hardcore of these groups have moved on to almost exclusively doing 9-11s. We are now 80 days into the expansion.

I simply find it difficult to believe that 28 days into the expansion, a lot of hardcore raiders had their second legendary. Now, doing content that is vastly more effective, 52 days later, most hardcore raiders have 4 legendaries. That is the same amount of legendaries in nearly twice the time doing content that supposedly gives more legendaries.

If that early trend had continued, hardcore players would currently have 8-12 legendaries, not 4.

And before anyone says that "RNG is RNG" that is simply not true. First off, this is not true RNG, it is deterministic due to the bad luck protection, and second, go take a statistics class.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    as i said in bold
    your "proof" is word of tongue
    so is mine
    yet your "proof" is apparently higher then me
    Are you trolling?

I suspect there is a soft cap OR bad luck protection does not exist above 2. I do have 3 currently however some of the worst ones but I guess its something. My issue with the system is that I'm at over 270 mythic+, 3 weeks of caches, lfr/normal/heroic clears since last drop. I am very close to 500 m+ runs all together. Either that or bad luck protection is not working properly. This is the most unrewarding system ever. I did however see someone on the forums with 2. They had 2 bosses on lfr killed, 0 mythic + ran, no bosses on normal/heroic killed. This game is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajean View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=mAEkS7Ee7yQ&feature=youtu.be

Very first question is about a soft cap of legendaries. He answers saying no, and there is a person that has all 8 legendaries. So you can either think he's lying or just wallow in your conspiracy theory I guess. Whatever works for you.
    I really don't buy it. It took them how long to admit the legendary system was broken to begin with. Ya I don't believe a word of it.
    Last edited by avx81; 2016-11-20 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by avx81 View Post
    I suspect there is a soft cap OR bad luck protection does not exist above 2. I do have 3 currently however some of the worst ones but I guess its something. My issue with the system is that I'm at over 270 mythic+, 3 weeks of caches, lfr/normal/heroic clears since last drop. I am very close to 500 m+ runs all together. Either that or bad luck protection is not working properly. This is the most unrewarding system ever. I did however see someone on the forums with 2. They had 2 bosses on lfr killed, 0 mythic + ran, no bosses on normal/heroic killed. This game is awesome.

I really don't buy it. It took them how long to admit the legendary system was broken to begin with. Ya I don't believe a word of it.
    It didn't take them long at all to admit it only like a week or two and that was mostly for time to get the data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been sitting at 4 legendaries forever got none before the bug. nobody in my guild has 5 on a single chracter

Made by dubbelbasse

surrounded by some hardcore m+ grinders ~600-900 clears each , 4 legendaries feels like the softcap now, something seems really off because the 35th trait grind is a really long one and when none of them received a 5th, it becomes really fishy. Its not tin foil hat-on mode when there is so much raiders pushing for 35th trait and all of them hit the dry spell altogether at the same time.

unfortunately i main 2 chars, have 2 legendaries on both chars at the moment, all of them were trash tier shared legendaries (wanted to reroll n see if i get lucky with drops on the new char, nope, got fked over by bad legendary system twice, prydaz into ekowraith into norgannon's sh*t boots into mage blink chest, oh boy so fun)

shame on blizz for having so much trash legendary like sephuz prydaz etc just to frustrate players and make them feel sad, AND a soft cap on top of that.
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2016-11-20 at 05:35 AM.

Deleted
    Blizz just fucked up, again,

After the whole legendary bug fiasco i saw 20 legendaries drop in 1 weekend and already told people that they upped the chance, because people were mad that they didn't have 1, while some already had 3. They propably did.

But what happened then? Just as they didn't envision people farming 200+ Mythics and totally roflstomp emerald nightmare, they didn't envision every progressiom raider to have 4 legendaries 2 months into the expansion.

They upped chance for first legendary and at the same time reduced the chance for all legendaries to drop after you got the first. I have 700 mythic+ done. About 80 of those over 10 with 2 chests and i have the same problem as every fucking person on my friendlist who owns 4 legendaries. I saw ONE legendary drop in myth+ in the last 4 week. I don't fucking need to hear people answer with rng, if i see 20 in 2 days and people having the same fucking experience as me.

They nerfed the drop chance of legendaries HARD and i'm saving all my emissary caches for 7.2, since creating a bunch of legendaries and not adjusting the drop rate upwards for some days wouldn't be a very blizz thing to do.

And just to add a little salt to all of this. My fucking 3rd legendary is a completely useless offspec shititem i got when i wanted a specific trinket. Fuck me for reducing the legendary slots of my actual spec to 3 until 7.2.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm on the same boat with OP. I made a similar post on official forums. It's been over 400 M+ with no sight of my 5th, including mythic raid clears , heroic etc.

Deleted
    I got my 4th a week ago.

I tend to get one every 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    If you read the last couple of pages, we fully understand that. Our argument is that 2-3 took x time, 3-4 took x time, but 4-5 has been significantly longer amongst a lot of people we know.

It's a gut feeling something is off.
    Yes, but this is anecdotal, just like I know a person that has 5, 2 that have 4, no one with 3, most of the guild with 2, and a few with only 1. Gut feeling or not, it's simply Vegas stakes and it's a crap system. Unless something is broken again (which I hope Blizzard would have caught by now with the fix to the previous issue) there is no diminishing returns to legendary items, just a shitty feeling system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yes, but this is anecdotal, just like I know a person that has 5, 2 that have 4, no one with 3, most of the guild with 2, and a few with only 1. Gut feeling or not, it's simply Vegas stakes and it's a crap system. Unless something is broken again (which I hope Blizzard would have caught by now with the fix to the previous issue) there is no diminishing returns to legendary items, just a shitty feeling system.
    TBF, Watcher mentioned to having wished that there was a Good Luck Protection, aka something to try and keep too many people from having a ton of legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Is there evidence of someone with 7? I'd also be curious to know how many they had before the hotfix.

It just baffles me how Cerli, at 1200 M+, doesn't have all 8. What hope is there for the rest of us?

Regardless this doesn't disprove of my softcap, I'm not saying it hasn't happened just there is a definite non-linear scaling of chance.
    M+ is just 1 roll though, every emissary, heroic boss, and raid boss are separate rolls. I just got my second legendary, and I've done maybe 150-200 mythic+, I've gotten as many if not more rolls from other content. Though both my drops happened in M+ Maw. They stated at the reveal of the system it wasn't reasonable to expect to collect every single legendary. (Unless you played a ton, or were super lucky)
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)