Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Bear tank rerolling to DH because of 7.1.5 changes....

Having in mind DHs are getting 10% stamina increase along with crazy 100% bonus armor in demon form I want to reroll to DH for future patch. I really love the idea of a fighter turning into a juggernaut with insane health and armor and crazy self-heal. I truly hope I won't regret it but I am tired of bear tanking. The demon form is so much cooler.
    There's never been a transformation of such sort as powerful as the demon one: 45% health, 100% armor, 50% leech. Thats insane. Really happy about it. What do you think?
    Last edited by mmoc6a0ef05ac1; 2016-11-18 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    Thats what we call FOTM (favourite of the month). If you would really liked the class from the start you wouldn't played druid at all and started as a DH.... But like every person on the planet -> own thoughts / opinions

And I wouldnt recommend to look at the changes right now, because they aren't final at ALL!!

Is it still a 5 minute cooldown?

If that's the case...it really isn't game changing

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post

Meta is a 3 min cooldown for Vengeance and 4 minutes for Havoc (with artifact traits). And Vengeance will randomly go into Meta when they eat soul fragments and the new Meta is going to produce a lot more soul fragments (not to mention if current numbers stick around everyone will run Fracture which means even more soul fragments).

edit: forgot that that's RPPM
    Last edited by grizzlysaurusrex; 2016-11-19 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post

Meta for tanks isn't 5 minutes, it's 3.

Nvm, misread. Don't post when tired, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedris View Post
    Thats what we call FOTM (favourite of the month). If you would really liked the class from the start you wouldn't played druid at all and started as a DH.... But like every person on the planet -> own thoughts / opinions

And I wouldnt recommend to look at the changes right now, because they aren't final at ALL!!
    I believe the term you are looking for is 'Flavour Of The Month'

And OP you should play the class you like. Not the current OP one. Or the one many consider to be the absolute best.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    Meta is a 3 min cooldown for Vengeance and 4 minutes for Havoc (with artifact traits). And Vengeance will randomly go into Meta when they eat soul fragments and the new Meta is going to produce a lot more soul fragments (not to mention if current numbers stick around everyone will run Fracture which means even more soul fragments).
    More fragments doesn't mean much as it's PPM. Meta uptime is not going to increase with number of fragments, it's not a % per fragment consumed...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I believe the term you are looking for is 'Flavour Of The Month'

And OP you should play the class you like. Not the current OP one. Or the one many consider to be the absolute best.
    Oh well thought its called favourite ;I

Also it's worth noting that the armor and shear buff ONLY apply to the actual 3 minute CD, and not the proc from gold trait.

Don't roll from bear tank. You'll regret it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    Also it's worth noting that the armor and shear buff ONLY apply to the actual 3 minute CD, and not the proc from gold trait.

Don't roll from bear tank. You'll regret it.
    Tested this like an hour ago, since i was curious and it does apply to the trait proc.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    Meta from the artifact is RPPM based so consuming more fragments won't increase uptime.

Deleted
    Ofc the armor bonus must apply to the proc from fueled by pain...

So as a bear without DD:I I run around with 20k+ armor nearly all the time. My DH has ~5k armor with DD:I.

If you are bored playing a tank your aren't going to suddenly start loving the game by rerolling. Tanks are so simplified that you aren't going to find one that keeps you interested.

Combat res alone would be reason enough to stay druid.

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    There's never been a transformation of such sort as powerful as the demon one: 45% health, 100% armor, 50% leech.
    I think bear form actually is considered as transformation and well it used to have really good buffs like 20-40% more health, 150-330% more armor, more haste and crit and so on and on. So yeah, there has been such sort of powerful transformation before.

Deleted
    Dude, druids are literally the most insane tanks on the planet, both cooldown wise and overall.
    They have cooldowns, health, healing received, uptime on armor/magic resistance out of their gnarly behinds.
    I mean.. they can freaking solo-tank Guarm mythic.

If you were a blood DK or something i would understand, but dont change from druid tank for anything but playstyle and enjoyment, because raw power wise, druids are still probably gonna be kings.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cant trust 7.1.5 changes yet. Let them get thru a few rounds of PTR builds before changing your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Having in mind DHs are getting 10% stamina increase along with crazy 100% bonus armor in demon form I want to reroll to DH for future patch. I really love the idea of a fighter turning into a juggernaut with insane health and armor and crazy self-heal. I truly hope I won't regret it but I am tired of bear tanking. The demon form is so much cooler.
    There's never been a transformation of such sort as powerful as the demon one: 45% health, 100% armor, 50% leech. Thats insane. Really happy about it. What do you think?
    The armor bonus for 7.1.5 Meta is more or less equivalent to 1 extra stack of Ironfur for Guardian, which can be kept up with 100% uptime. Of course, you can keep up Demonic Spikes as well for that duration, but thats equivalent to Guardian using another stack of Ironfur, or Barkskin/Sleeper.

The health pool does not matter for either because neither spec has a strong %health based heal - DHs self-healing is entirely based on their AP or damage, and Druids is based on their damage taken.

We also already possess 25% leech in the form of Sleeper, on half the CD.

Keep in mind that as Guardian, spike damage is the ONE thing we give 0 fucks about - Demon Hunters may actually NEED those buffs to Meta to survive future fight mechanics given their appalling lack of mitigation CDs (They only have a 40% damage reduction CD for a single target, whereas Guardian has 3 CDs, and a VERY strong active mitigation to deal with spike damage, as well as strong passive mitigation to deal with healer mana problems).

As for "transformation", Brewmaster's Fortifying Brew in MoP was stronger, and is STILL stronger now - While the 3 20% may not seem to matter much, BrM pretty much become immune to physical damage for as long as they have charges of Ironskin Brew during Fort Brew, and then they can reduce the damage they took by 75-90% to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorwido View Post
    Tested this like an hour ago, since i was curious and it does apply to the trait proc.
    Interesting. I tried it as soon as they posted it and it didn't work, so I went to confirm for what you said. That does make it way better than I thought... Like... way way better. Very RNG, but still good.

Deleted
    As someone who swapped from a demon hunter to a bear i don't see these things really helping. In raids demon hunters have been maybe the most boring time i've ever had tanking with very little to no choise. On top of that you can still get dicked over by not parrying. Dungeons were fine but i find myself having more choises as a bear both being 880 geared.