Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Most "stable" rDPS

Hi

I didn't quite know where to put this thread so i decided to try here in General.

So i would like some advice on Ranged DPS classes. At the moment I'm playing a Warrior and I'm happy with it. But it's always useful to have a Range DPS class for raiding. Some encounters are just easier with Ranged and if i can switch for those I think it would be helpful. I don't have that much experience with Ranged DPS. At least not in terms of Legion.

So what I'm looking for as the title suggests is a "stable" rDPS. I'm not talking about most Potential. Since these classes / specs also most of the time have the potential to go really wrong if you can't play them right. It doesn't have to be the best DPS ever that's not necessarily what I'm looking for. If it happens to be, great, but it doesn't have to.

I want a reliable rDPS class / Spec that's, if possible, also useful to the Raid and can deliver somewhere upper mid to good dmg. It doesn't have to be able to outperform everything but it also shouldn't be a RNG fest.

So basically I'm not looking for an "Arms Warrior" style rDPS where you can go nuts and shit but it's also possible to go down without the proc RNG.

And please no answers like "stay with your warrior" or "play what makes you happy" or anything. I AM going to continue playing my Warrior. And of course I'm only gonna play the class / spec if i like to play it. But that's not the answer i'm looking for. I would like personal opinions / experiences of other people which class / spec could fit what i have in mind.

Thank you all in advance for your Help!

Stable, predictable and safe in my opinion would be balance druid, BM/MM hunter, arcane mage, destruction/affliction warlock.
    Elemental isn't half bad either, you just need to keep a look out for lava burst resetting its cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Stable, predictable and safe in my opinion would be balance druid, BM/MM hunter, arcane mage, destruction/affliction warlock.
    Elemental isn't half bad either, you just need to keep a look out for lava burst resetting its cooldown.
    MM have huge difference, BM is more stable tough. Still bit random tough.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Shaman are garbage if you have to constantly move, or maybe most of the elemental players i have seen are butt, either way cant go wrong with a mage

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Elemental Shaman are garbage if you have to constantly move, or maybe most of the elemental players i have seen are butt, either way cant go wrong with a mage
    The spec is bad.

elemental is a gentleman's spec.

Demo Lock is the least RNG ranged spec.

I am using both, BM and MM. I find BM most stable

Raid-wise, Frost mage has strong sustained damage. Keeping up IV on bosses isn't a big deal, just stack a bunch of crit and haste

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Raid-wise, Frost mage has strong sustained damage. Keeping up IV on bosses isn't a big deal, just stack a bunch of crit and haste
    It doesn't look like OP wants a procc based class and frost mages are all about that.

Deleted
    Play whatever you think feels like most fun!
    And also. "Help me choose my class"-threads are not allowed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Play whatever you think feels like most fun!
    And also. "Help me choose my class"-threads are not allowed here.
    Good luck reading my post next time. If you don't want to contribute don't answer. And if you think it's not allowed why bother? Just go report it if you like...

@ everyone else

Thank you! I will do some more in depth research based on your suggestions and opinions.
    Last edited by Allenschezar; 2016-11-20 at 11:16 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    Good luck reading my post next time. If you don't want to contribute don't answer. And if you think it's not allowed why bother? Just go report it if you like...
    I did.
    Just figured posting it for your information.

And I did contribute. Play whatever you think is fun!

I am rolling a BM hunter which don't have a good reputation on most fights in the current raid settings, but I don't have ANY issues completing the raids (on HC mind you) or being left behind on DPS

And of course find it very stable
    Last edited by Lushious; 2016-11-20 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    You want a ranged arms warrior, but without RNG?
    I want a melee arms warrior, but without the RNG first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    You want a ranged arms warrior, but without RNG?
    I want a melee arms warrior, but without the RNG first.
    Hah good one ^^

Yea arms could use some less RNG. But no in terms of DPS it doesn't have to be a top-notch dps. Just one that is realiable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    I did.
    Just figured posting it for your information.

And I did contribute. Play whatever you think is fun!
    And please no answers like "stay with your warrior" or "play what makes you happy" or anything.
    yea you read it allright.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Demo Lock is the least RNG ranged spec.
    Tied with Balance. There's no RNG factors in Balance rotation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Tied with Balance. There's no RNG factors in Balance rotation at all.

kinda sorta depending on how you spec. I enjoy the moon laser and when you pair it with moon and stars and incarnation, you basically have 30 seconds of sustained badass dps because you are generating more astral power than you are spending with the moon laser as long as you spam wrath. even without having incarnation up it can still deal a truckload of damage, and even though its a small area its still basically free dps on a 1.5 min cd

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    kinda sorta depending on how you spec. I enjoy the moon laser and when you pair it with moon and stars and incarnation, you basically have 30 seconds of sustained badass dps because you are generating more astral power than you are spending with the moon laser as long as you spam wrath. even without having incarnation up it can still deal a truckload of damage, and even though its a small area its still basically free dps on a 1.5 min cd
    That doesn't have anything to do with RNG, though. You're also letting big numbers cloud your reasoning. FoE is pretty poor with the required setup and lack of sustained damage. Single target, it isn't worth using at all.

It's also not free. It costs a lot of Astral Power to use.

Deleted
    yea you read it allright.
    Yup. I read that bit and decided it was just another thinly veiled 'please tell me what to play"-thread.
    Then I reported it and informed you about it.
    Deal with it.