Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I actually took it was you being a smug douche, but i thought arrogant might have been the more acceptable term.
    I mean, compared to your comment I responded to with that, it is not arrogant at all... But, well, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    There's a lot of computer simulations available these days. I'm sure if we knew the science behind leprechauns we could make predictions about their interactions with the environment, just as we presumably now can make predictions about the impact of a nuke based on climate science, ecology, and nuclear physics.
    One of the hardest parts of any complex simulation is integrating small-scale processes into a large scale simulation: different scales lead to extreme computational difficulties. I suppose, you could build a simulation of a nuclear war based on a semi-theoretical model of an impact of a nuclear explosion, and it would give you some estimation... But, again, this is hardly something anyone is interested in doing, because the general answer is pretty obvious to physicists with a strong background in related sub-fields.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Isn't it interesting how the people who sit there and constantly talk about thin-skinned individuals are always as offended and triggered as the SJWs they malign?

The amount of times Horseshoe Theory has been proven true because of this expansion has gone off the fucking charts.
    Well, this is a pretty obvious manifestation of projection. I don't think this is the case with Boomzy though: he/she usually is pretty decent and neutral in these matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, this is a pretty obvious manifestation of projection. I don't think this is the case with Boomzy though: he/she usually is pretty decent and neutral in these matters.
    There's gotta be some room in between neutral and triggered/offended

If I thought Trump winning was a depressing sign of the country, this receiving any sort of negativity manages to equal it. What on earth is wrong with you people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The alternative being...what?
    The New Media. (Drudge, Facebook, Breitbart, etc... but you knew that.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Which media is that, exactly? White nationalist garbage and social media outlets?

If you want unbiased reporting, try advocating for NPR to become a BBC level entity.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2016-11-20 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Well maybe i took it the wrong way or maybe you didn't mean it how it came off, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    People don't always start on the same page, it is okay.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's funny how authoritarian the right wing is becoming, after all their whines and cries about small government.

While Trump is seriously going to do a lot of damage to this country, most of all to the constitution and the rights of citizens, I take solace knowing that his administration has a max of 8 years in office, and hopefully we can limit that to 4.
    This is the right-wing when you go a bit too far with it. Trying to save the citizens from themselves by telling them that one person can fix everything that's bad, if he's given enough power to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    You are 100% WRONG here. Sure, those that work in the media have a right to their PERSONAL opinions, but when it comes to REPORTING the "news", their PERSONAL OPINIONS are NOT news.

News is SUPPOSED to be fair and unbiased. However, that's not the news we see in the US at all from ANY media outlet. They are all biased one way or another and that's the lie that the general public is swallowing. We, the general public, are told that because there are varying "opinions" that support/do not support both sides, it's some how true media coverage, but that's just not true media coverage.

True media coverage needs to be opinion free and report FACTS.

We all know that's not going to happen though because all news outlets are more interested in ratings and selling advertising space during their biased programming.
    What? Media will never be unbiased, nothing truly is.

Oh, so more curated garbage from the ignorant masses or white nationalist propaganda. Great.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of which I'd call trustworthy sources...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call these "media". Facebook is a social network, Drudge is something I don't know what, and Breitbart is a conspiracy website.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can we just fast forward 4 years so we can get a new one in the office to fix all the damage that Trump did to our country on multiple levels... This going to be hell years and I really don't care how much the press covers off it like a lot of people just want to forget it all for sure... Also the term "Free" and "Free World" is not in the Trump plans it seems... Also seening the person Trump is he may just turn his time in the white house into a reality show like he loves the attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    http://www.press.org/news-multimedia...t-donald-trump

Hopefully Trump issues a resounding "Fuck you" to this letter.

The only access he should grant is to Breitbart News and Fox.

ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and ESPECIALLY CNN (along with the NY TImes and Washington Post) should be told to go fuck themselves. Let them go cover Hillary, Bernie, et, al,
    What harm could possibly come from having only two news corporations cover the President, one of which is run by the President elect's chief strategist?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Ginsburg, Breyer, and Kennedy are all getting up there in age, whereas the conservative justices are all spring chickens by comparison. There's a possibility that this leads to a 7-2 conservative majority in the court for the foreseeable future. Electing a Democratic president was more important for the sake of preserving those three seats than for necessarily appointing an activist firebrand to replace Scalia.
    While this is possible, no way to really know yet. Maybe Democrats should tweet the female SC judges and ensure they're getting enough antioxidants :P

Can we just stop and reflect for a moment what a terrible system you have where the leading members of the judicial branch are chosen by the executive branch and approved by the legislative, and they serve for life? Talk about a recipe for disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    While this is possible, no way to really know yet. Maybe Democrats should tweet the female SC judges and ensure they're getting enough antioxidants :P

Can we just stop and reflect for a moment what a terrible system you have where the leading members of the judicial branch are chosen by the executive branch and approved by the legislative, and they serve for life? Talk about a recipe for disaster.
    It is funny. The ruling party employs dirty practices such as gerrymandering to ensure the victory of their presidential candidate. That presidential candidate appoints convenient judges. The ruling party already controls the Congress. Essentially, the ruling party gets monopoly on governing the state and cannot be stopped, at least, until the next election. Resembles a one-party state quite a bit.

How the country hasn't descended into a corrupt dictatorship yet is a mystery... With checks and balances working so poorly, you would expect the democracy to have been destroyed by now. I guess local state governments are the only force that holds the colossus from crumbling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Funny how people magically had zero problem with how the Supreme Court is staffed until Trump won. Just like the EC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Funny how people magically had zero problem with how the Supreme Court is staffed until Trump won. Just like the EC.
    Sometimes you should go out of your Internet alt-right bubble and look at the world around you. Where EC and Supreme Court systems have been criticized harshly for over a century by people of very diverse political leanings.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Sometimes you should go out of your Internet alt-right bubble and look at the world around you. Where EC and Supreme Court systems have been criticized harshly for over a century by people of very diverse political leanings.
    And, yet, nothing gets done except the criticism.

16 years since everyone complained about BushGore. That kid is nearly ready to go to college in the footsteps of his brothers.

Because, as you said, the complaints aren't new. But it did seem to take 2 Obama terms before some people tasted to care again.

Also, please realize I am fully aware that there would be a Trump led Republican tantrum if the positions were flipped. I am blatantly aware similar events took place in 2008, hence my constant deja vu for how all this rolled out. I laughed and criticized them for not accepting the Obama victory, just like I'm doing with the people who didn't accept Trump. I just judge the Democrats harsher for it because:

1. The "deal with it" attitude from the Obama win.

2. The pretending to be the "good" party while engaging in activities they criticize others for.

Quote Originally Posted by edspans View Post
    Ah, yeah, the good ol' "but their side did it so my side can do it too!"
    The more you act like a fucking idiot, the harder the boot will hit you when it switches to the other foot again.

It's called "nuclear fallout." It's called the "satan 2 missile."
    Looks like that boot is hitting a bunch of liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    What harm could possibly come from having only two news corporations cover the President, one of which is run by the President elect's chief strategist?
    It's so difficult to try to understand the other persons point of view when they make statements like the one you quoted. It has to be either trolling or the some form of mental diarhea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    At that point you may as well cut out the middle man and just institute a state run news agency for all of our "official" state approved media.
    Trump should allow the oldschool press to constantly criticize him. They will reveal their true colors even more.

Personally, differences of opinion are fine, but endless obvious bias and obliviousness to why Trump won in the first place isn't.

Seriously, these people should actually look up the definition of "fascist" and "sexist" and "racist", although I have to say, Trump could have won more female voters if he didn't seem like someone who molests women who let people do it because they need work. He also seemed like a cheat.

OH WELL Nixx. The ball's in your court now. Throw some curve balls. You might get somewhere.