Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriixy View Post

Here we are..... almost 3 months in to Legion..... still no legendary.......................

I play the game to raid, casual raiding as it may be now because of responsibilities, but raiding is what I do. I enjoy posting logs and seeing how I match up to other Shadow Priests, but the impact that legendaries have on overall dps is so significant, that I do not get to enjoy this part of the game anymore. The comparing and hoping to see that I'm doing as well as some of the best in the game, is not even possible due to the incredibly poorly designed ideas behind the legendary system.
    That's your personal problem, though, not a problem with the game. You don't play on a competitive level, so there's no need for you to actually be competitive. If you want to compare yourself, look at parses for people with the same item level. It's not like every single person has the same set of legendary items anyway. Look at more than just the top parses, look at their armories. You can still compare yourself very easily and accurately, you just have to dig a bit deeper.

Besides, if you don't necessarily play a lot of content then there's obviously going to be a lower chance for you to get a legendary. It's like buying a lottery ticket every week and then complaining that you're broke compared to people who work 40 hours a week. The more effort you put in, the more likely it is you'll get something. It's far from a perfect system and it could use a LOT of improvements, but it's really not as broken as you try to make it sound.

Legion to me is on track to replace wrath as my favorite expansion and I've played since classic. I can't comment on raids as I don't want to raid anymore. The story content artifact system dungeons profession quests utterly fantastic. The world quest system is the best iteration of dailies yet as well.

I guess, if you consider my response to mean I'm triggered. And I use "sir" to show a modicum of respect. If you don't use "sir" and "m'am" throughout your day at some point, I would say you're probably a disrespectful little you know what. Some people's kids, smh
    i was called a kid. tapping out, you won.

Yeah I stopped raiding before 7.1 which is pretty shocking to me. I just feel like the game is all busywork. Farm your AP, Farm your world quests, Farm those mythic dungeons, farm that rng loot, farm those herbs. On top of that the RNG Legendary system is really frustrating, playing an alt or an offspec feels like a waste of time.

It's just not fun to me.
    Hi Sephurik

Said no one ever....
    I like the RNG too. Makes all content much more enjoyable when you know there's a (maybe tiny) chance of getting some valuable loot.

I've enjoyed it more than Cata and maybe BC. Not a fan of AP. I have minor gripes with artifacts. I like the world questing system as an alternative to dailies.

Have not touched the higher mythics or gotten back into raiding. I imagine if I still played "competitively" I'd enjoy it more. Will likely stop playing shortly to get back into Ark if my former raid group breaks up and jumps into that again.

Overall I think it's a really good expansion. Maybe this game just isn't for me anymore.

You do realize for most classes there is a certain legendary that can mean a 60-100%+ damage increase right? That's a huge deal when your favorite part of the game is raiding and trying to rank in dps. It's not ridiculous to feel like you should at least be close to being on a level playing field from a gear standpoint. It would be different if it were just an ilvl difference between other players, but it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

I've played since Vanilla, so I know how much rng has been used throughout the life of this game. The truth is, they've utilized it more this expansion than ever before and that's why there is a problem and it is in fact something that should be complained about. This game became homogenized when they released LFR back in Cataclysm, still not dead yet. The fact of the matter is that you shouldn't gate something that is so important to any classes dps behind rng that is so wildly unbalanced like they have with these legendaries. If you're going to have to farm for something like this, it should be visibly attainable through a currency system or something like it.
    Okay, so go back to how it used to be in MOP and Warlords. Sit there in 7.1 with fuck all to do until 8.0 was going to come out with no legendary bc its gated, and dailies locked to one zone where it actually is a boring fuckfest as you collect badges to upgrade gear while you wait. No class story, no weapon progression, just a random weapon you and everyone else has in PvP or the Raid in question, and boring ass professions that require zero story and have 100% farm (btw leatherworking in legion is mad fun, and you can tell they put a lot of effort into the story). BUT YOU KNOW. ITS ALL JUS RNG cuz you didn't get your legendary after 3 months of playing casually.

My god.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2016-11-18 at 09:37 PM.

The pruning went too far, but otherwise I'm enjoying this expansion a lot.

Besides the obvious legendary complaints, in my opinion a change to the artifact power grind will make this expansion a lot more enjoyable for me. If the artifact knowledge training becomes account wide, the artifact power items become bind on account, this will make for a smoother enjoyable experience. With all the classes, specs and amount of time required for them, leveling multiple weapons becomes very annoying. At least this way you'll be able to play what ever you want, become viable quickly with the only thing to get pissed about is that pesky legendary dropping on your alternative character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a prediction for the future - A system akin to Artifact Traits will be kept going into 8.0, but the current system of Legendaries will be tossed. Artifact Traits=good. Legendaries=Not so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I played quite a lot since the start of Legion, but still no legendary. And you know what, I don't care! I like that exciting feeling that it still might drop when looting a boss, opening a chest, killing a rare. For me it's great stuff, and having no legendary hasn't stopped me playing the content I like. So yes, I like RNG, a lot.

I'm enjoying Legion quite a bit. It's the most fun I've had with WoW since WotLK. However, it does have some of the most frustrating quest content I can ever remember doing, the legendary system is absolute garbage and the RNG is over the top.

7+ Year Old Account
    This may come across as a whining post, but I want to get this off my chest and see if anybody else out there has some of the same issues/concerns.

I believe that Legion started out with some amazing potential but has fallen flat due to one gigantic flaw, the raid boss that has persisted through all expansions of WoW, but has only come to be such an enormous pain this expansion, RNG.

I started this expansion with very high hopes. I chose to play Shadow Priest because of the incredibly cool talent, Surrender to Madness, and so far it has not disappointed. Sure it would be nice to not have to remind the healers in my raid after every boss kill that I need to be resurrected, but hey, what can you do? Everything went seemingly well at first. Choosing to start in whatever zone you would like. Profession quests were engaging and truly interesting. The mystique of legendaries, wondering when you would get your first one and which it would be. All of these tantalizing new "features" seemed like FANTASTIC ideas at first!......

Here we are..... almost 3 months in to Legion..... still no legendary.......................

I play the game to raid, casual raiding as it may be now because of responsibilities, but raiding is what I do. I enjoy posting logs and seeing how I match up to other Shadow Priests, but the impact that legendaries have on overall dps is so significant, that I do not get to enjoy this part of the game anymore. The comparing and hoping to see that I'm doing as well as some of the best in the game, is not even possible due to the incredibly poorly designed ideas behind the legendary system.

On top of that, the once promising profession system has also been tainted by rng. I've spent entirely way too much time farming herbs and brewing potions this expansion, only to have rank 3 in 3 herbs, 1 potion, and 1 flask? Not even the flask I use either, so I know I've made significantly more of another and still don't have rank 3 in it.

Basically my point is, the reliance in rng that blizzard has placed into this expansion, has led me to play less and less every day now, down to the point where I only play once a week, on my guilds raid day. Because we're casual and composed of almost all RL friends, it doesn't matter to them that I'm on once a week. It does however matter to me, that I'm playing a game that has frustrated me to the point that I ONLY want to log on and play because it's what my friends are doing, and it is no longer just fun to me.

I just told a friend the other day, even if I got my 2 BiS legendaries today, I would still hate this expansion because I would know that there are still numerous people out there that still don't have theirs.

Does anybody else feel that lack of interest, in what could have been a truly great expansion, due to the ridiculous rng factor?
    I agree that legendaries are the downside of legion, but legendaries have been shit since MoP. Still, even with this system in place, Legion is the best expansion ever released.
    Legion is not the least played "good" expansion. If you currently release WotLK or any old expansion the current playerbase will be just as volatile. Players are not like they were 2008 and lower. You have no evidence to back up this claim other than your own subjective impression after the vocal minority start posting their whines and complaints about the grind, rng and alt unfriendlyness of legion. Yet, older expansions were also not alt friendly but had big success.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2016-11-20 at 09:49 AM.

Im in love with this expansion. Grinding for hours on Trial of Valor Heroic has been pretty fun to me this weeks.

It is expected for the game to have low population compared to other times, they probably are at 6-5M players right now. WoD was a massive failure and made many people quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Judging by the amount of people leaveing and how empty servers are atm Legion seems to be setting anew record though.
    In any case, for me it's the first expantion where I'm no longer having fun and it's pretty much all due to the legendary system and RNG.
    Ah yes. Statements that have absolutely no proof or backing to them whatsoever. They've introduced a lot of new phasing tech this expac so seeing empty servers isn't actually what you're seeing. You're mainly in an empty phase because there's a few full ones and a new one needed to be created. Sharding also causes this.

As for "how many people quit", that's just an extremely arrogant and dumb statement to make. You have absolutely no idea how many people quit. But of course, you'll probably take your own statement as fact because why not.

I personally love the expansion. I do wish it were more alt friendly but I generally only have one alt. I don't really play any other classes aside from my paladin and it's been that way for a while. Really enjoy the expac though.

the issues are inconveniences as best. nothing devastating.

Lots of things to do, good story(good old lore) alt-friendly, suramar city, cool storylines for each profession, close to getting long-forgotten hippo, wich was exciting in a weird way, and a bit too sad about my legendary neck.

Sums it up to be a pretty good expansion. Just dinged my 3rd alt, a week from now it will have 2 big traits in the wep and at least 855 ilvl. Just done the LW-questline on that(that moose was terrible tho, used 1 and a half hour haha)

This is what WoD wasnt. And thats a massive improvement. And, Illidan.

HYPE!

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Ah yes. Statements that have absolutely no proof or backing to them whatsoever. They've introduced a lot of new phasing tech this expac so seeing empty servers isn't actually what you're seeing. You're mainly in an empty phase because there's a few full ones and a new one needed to be created. Sharding also causes this.

As for "how many people quit", that's just an extremely arrogant and dumb statement to make. You have absolutely no idea how many people quit. But of course, you'll probably take your own statement as fact because why not.

I personally love the expansion. I do wish it were more alt friendly but I generally only have one alt. I don't really play any other classes aside from my paladin and it's been that way for a while. Really enjoy the expac though.
    You got any proof that this expantion is more successful though or do you simply belive that becuase you happen to like this expantion, though I really can't see why you would at this point.

So everyone in this thread who says they don't like legion coincidentally don't have a legendary and are salty about it. I had over 20 days played combined before I got my legendary from a m+. Even before that, my two friends have 2 legendaries each and liked to rub it in. Except I still outdps'ed them in heroic and our mythic raids. I don't need a legendary to be good.

I don't know why people think they NEED a legendary. Half of them aren't even that good.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's funny because the game's population is probably pretty low right now. All signs point to that actually. Let me just say that I enjoyed Legion quite a bit, I played it more than I played any post-WLK expansion. But after pugging EN and clearing heaps of Mythics on my fotm main, I tried repeating that on a less fotm alt, and I realized that this game is actually quite unforgiving if you're not perceived as overpowered or overgear the content, nobody will want you, and putting together your own group is entirely too much hassle / takes too long - And I suddenly understood why all of my casual friends and most of my semi-hardcore friends quit, and why my super hardcore friends were getting burned out so fast.

For those of us that were/are running a lot of Mythics, the game seems like it's alive and wonderful, but most people don't get that experience. Most people are not running Mythic dungeons, most people CAN'T run Mythic dungeons even if they may want to. Token prices are soaring like in WoD when the population dropped off, DPS can get the bonus bag from queue content like when the population dropped off in WoD. And I'm starting to think that the only reason that the world feels alive is because of CRZ, I very rarely see anyone from my realm anymore.
    I'm pretty sure this is why they implemented the AWFUL CRZ into a current expac(after saying they'd never do that). They saw numbers were dropping super fast and to make it look like they weren't, they quickly turned on CRZ to save their asses.

Game has nothing to do but dungeons/raids, and the games too alt-unfriendly. There isn't enough content and there isn't enough depth to classes, and you can't even play another class because it's too hard to gear up and get AP.

You can't have braindead zero depth easy to play easy to master classes in a game that also shits all over alts. It's awful.