Is ranked worth it when i play alone?

So i finally managed to get 15 chars lvl 5 to play ranked. Today i did my first 2 matches in ranked. My team lost both games with ppl being terribly bad.
    In one game i had a butcher and illidan both with 1-9...and it was not because the others were so good!

Its stuff like...i ping like an idiot that an area is dangerous, no1 reacts, 5 sec later they get overrun from behind...yeah well fuck, what a surprise...
    Or ppl are attacking johanna with Jaina and Malf standing in good range behind them...and they just dont change the target but just keep hitting the invulnerable tank while dying in roots and blizzard....

So im wondering, is it even worth to play ranked when i queue alone?

It's not about queueing alone or not, it's about how much knowledge you have of the game. You say you just got the requirement amount of characters today. Is this a smurf account or your first account? I know what I'm about to say is excessive, but you will thank me later. Don't start playing ranked until you have at least a thousand games of quick match under your belt. It will beat knowledge about every single map into your brain, but more importantly you will get the most fucked up team comps this game have to offer. Don't dismiss that. Play around it. Experiement with builds. There's no hurry for you to get into ranked. In fact, if you go into it too early you'll just ruin your MMR. I'm beating myself up every day over the fact that I started playing ranked far too early, and that was almost two years ago. I still haven't reached my prime MMR.

And there will always be idiots playing. The best thing you can do is to ensure you're not one of them. Learn how to best swing games in your favour through the rigors of quick match. Learn what characters REALLY appeal to your playstyle, and perfect your own game with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Ör better yet, don't play ranked at all. Don't become the pile of salt that I am.

Pretty much what Nerraw said, though I wouldn't bother with QM. Do Unranked Draft instead, that will teach you how to play with and against standard comps, which is a majority of what you will see in Ranked. QM just often comes down to who has more self healing when you get stupid comps like 5 assassins.

Unranked is fine as practice. QM just has those crazy comps that you can practice for when someone goes full moron in your HL draft and you have to adapt to some off-the-wall BS.

I agree with all that, I eventually got frustrated not having a tank and healer in every game, so I started playing ranked while I was clearly still learning the game. I regret it constantly. I'd just add, now we have unranked draft, after maybe 500 or so games, you should start doing UD for about the same amount of time. There are a lot of nuances to drafting that you should understand before you start playing ranked. You'll get an idea of the current meta as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh, my point got brought up while I was posting, I agree with the dumb comp point, though you'll get shit comps in UD too, and it'll more mimic how it happens in ranked. It's just one guy that doesn't care about the team, and wants to level this hero right now. QM does have some value though, you can practice consistent meta heroes you'll need in ranked as well. You should have at least 3-4 heroes you are very comfortable with in every role.
    Last edited by Fabray; 2016-11-19 at 09:56 PM.

I jumped into ranked the moment I met the requirements. I was running on stimpacks most of the time, so I don't know if I had more than 200 QM played. Got plat in promo, now I'm diamond. QM is a complete waste of time and you will learn absolutely nothing there. You can't learn to draft there, you can't learn to counter heroes, you are just stuck with whatever team you are matched with and against. Good luck beating Muradin/ETC/Furion/Valla/Ming when you're stuck with KT/Zagara/Hammer/Tassadar/Dehaka. Most of the time the matches will be decided by setups. This is often true for ranked as well, but you have a degree of influence over your setup there.

HotS is a very simple game, you don't need to spend a thousand hours on it to learn to play it decently, especially if you have previous experience in MOBAs. Don't waste time on QM. As for unranked draft? Well, if you have patience to wait 15 minutes just to get in lobby, only to get kicked out when someone doesn't get their Samuro...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    HotS is a very simple game, you don't need to spend a thousand hours on it to learn to play it decently, especially if you have previous experience in MOBAs. Don't waste time on QM. As for unranked draft? Well, if you have patience to wait 15 minutes just to get in lobby, only to get kicked out when someone doesn't get their Samuro...
    Not everyone does...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Not everyone does...
    No, but we don't know if OP does or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    So im wondering, is it even worth to play ranked when i queue alone?
    What are the alternatives? IMO queueing with a friend doesn't solve the problems you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Don't waste time on QM.
    Kinda agree with that. Comps are just way too unbalanced there most of the time, so games often end up being stomps. It's really hard to learn something from a stomp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Unranked is fine as practice. QM just has those crazy comps that you can practice for when someone goes full moron in your HL draft and you have to adapt to some off-the-wall BS.
    I'd say that spending more time in QM and Unranked is important, and in both, you need to focus on actually trying to improve.

Watch replays, look at what you could have done better, find out if the opponents did something cool which you didnt know about, try to figure out of the hero you picked counters one of the heroes on the enemy team, and then do your best to fuck with them without disrupting the flow of your own team etc.

Deleted
    Since there are no mmr resets, I wouldn't dare join solo queue ranked if the change won't be permanent. However, if I knew that solo ranked would always be solo ranked then it is yolo since mmr with friends won't be affected.
    Last edited by mmocb8e9590de3; 2016-12-06 at 02:41 PM.