Thread: SHUT UP horse!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

SHUT UP horse!

Divine Steed, they should purge this ability from the game. My mind is melting from the horse's sounds WWYYYGHHH WYYYYGHHH WYYYYGHHH.

and as side note, who the hell thought that linking it with vanilla model was a right idea?

I would settle for a glyph, some sort of ligh trail, whatever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Cannot see anything annoying in this, except you queue for alterac valley and there are like thirty pallies in your group who all use their steed back to back...and that is unlikely to happen. The model is quite outdated for sure but hopefully blizz will exchange it with the new class mount model, so I am ok with that.
    I hear it all the time in class hall, and this irritating sound every 45sc. It is fine every 100 times, later it becomes a murderous sound

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    Divine Steed, they should purge this ability from the game. My mind is melting from the horse's sounds WWYYYGHHH WYYYYGHHH WYYYYGHHH.

and as side note, who the hell thought that linking it with vanilla model was a right idea?

Oh man, glyph would be super nice, because as a space goat....
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Oh man, glyph would be super nice, because as a space goat....
    If the Elekk is your problem:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=143588/g...-trusted-steed

Quote Originally Posted by Socce View Post
    omg I love u

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    omg I love u
    you won't, in a bout day or two. this horse sound is so irritating

Elekk is terrible, not only does it make a stupid sound, it gets stuck in nearly every doorway.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Magic Rooster loves you.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I agree, worst spell ever. That speedy light spell was better.

This one is noisy and ridiculous

I'll take that over getting stuck on WSG doorway while holding the flag. Elleks are like cargo trucks in a drive thru restaurant.

Ultimately, I wish blizz would stop trying to put D3 stuff in WoW.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I play with my sound turned off thankfully.

You just need to know the name of the sound file, then you an create a Sound\Spells directory in your WoW folder and create a dummy empty file in there under the appropriate name.ogg and it will act as an override and eliminate the sound. See discussions of the legendary shield neck for example.

Deleted
    Vanilla Model, is still one of the best mounts ingame visually (+ Glyph that is).

So I don't mind it. But what I dislike about it is, that mount restrictions still apply. That has sometimes the effect of just not giving you the effect (movement speed and DR as Prot), but putting it on CD.

Well there's a distinct positive side to Derpony:
    After that, it can't get worse movement-wise

Create a folder named "Sound" in the Wow directory. Then place a blank .ogg file with the correct name and file path of the sound effect (if you can find it) in that folder.

This will replace the horse sound with silence.

Yeah, I mean the kodo looks cool and whatever, but it's fat-ass gets caught on pretty much anything.

Can't I just run fast or something?

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Create a folder named "Sound" in the Wow directory. Then place a blank .ogg file with the correct name and file path of the sound effect (if you can find it) in that folder.

This will replace the horse sound with silence.
    This. It was one of the first things I did when I played a DK back in Wrath. That "IIIIIIIIIIHHIIHIHIHIIIIIII" when you summon the deathcharger...

Deleted
    Ah... people come up with the most random stuff to complain about...

Did i like speed of light better? Possibly. Does the horse bother me? Not in the slightest.

Maybe they will let us use the new class mount for it. But honestly... i don't care in the slightest about this sound thing. Never bothered me, nor have i ever focused on it. It gets me from A to B fast. Thats all i notice.

Never would have thought Divine Steed actually annoys people...

Wish there was a glyph that makes Divine Steed mount you on a moun from your favourite list. All issues (sound/size/ugly model) would be easily fixed.