Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    I'd love to not play with BoC but 15sec BoF cooldown is too annoying
    The struggle when you don't have leg chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    And that's fair enough. But just from what I've looked at and what I've been told, the majority has been that they took a step in the wrong direction from WoD.
    yea i really loved my BrM during MoP and WoD it was exciting and fast paced and had clear goal as a tank, now it just feel clunky and not a fluid as other tanks....disappointing really

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Yesterday, I use premade groups for 5 mythic normal Maw of Souls. I set the min iLv 870. Then I saw a 872 brewmaster in the list, I ignored him. Because BM doesn't provide heroism or battle rez, I don't want such class.

Ion is stupid. He said cutting contents (scrapping Farahlon and Thal' Dranath ) is COOOOOOOL idea.

KRSI has proven BM is definitely underpowered, but he said BM is VERY STRONG.
    Yes, because dmg taken is not what makes BrM strong. It's the smoothness, utility, mobility, package.

Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    For the most part I'd agree, with the main exception being "good cooldowns". Fortifying brew is fine for what it is, but the 7 minute cooldown is a problem even with keg smash/tiger palm reducing the cooldown, zen meditation is a joke, and artifact ability won't mitigate most boss abilities. Only reliable way of dealing semi-frequent bursts of damage is stagger pause, and that's only with a certain talent. Class just really feels like it needs a 45 second - 1 minute cooldown to deal this or at least have blackout combo baked into the spec.
    I agree on the CD's. I also feel that Fort Brew is our only real CD. We really need a medium CD. Maybe give us a weaker guard (weaker than WoD at least) on a minute CD or something. We have nothing analogous to the "1 minute" CD all the other tanks have. Demo shout, Barkskin, fiery brand, etc. I feel like when FB is down and there's something that I'm supposed to mitigate, that I don't get to do anything. I might press PB but that's more of a rotational thing.
    Last edited by tachycardias; 2016-11-19 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tachycardias View Post
    I agree on the CD's. I also feel that Fort Brew is our only real CD. We really need a medium CD. Maybe give us a weaker guard (weaker than WoD at least) on a minute CD or something. We have nothing analogous to the "1 minute" CD all the other tanks have. Demo shout, Barkskin, fiery brand, etc. I feel like when FB is down and there's something that I'm supposed to mitigate, that I don't get to do anything. I might press PB but that's more of a rotational thing.
    We have great "1min" (actually 2min, but close enough) CDs - it's just we have to give up Healing Elixirs - which is far too relevant for our kit (it can, at least once per 30 sec, take you from below 35% to above 35%, which with Obstinate Determination is a domino effect that leads to a lot of healing if you're at low health).

It's why I think moving Healing Elixirs to baseline and adding a third option on that line would go a long way to making monk CDs feel as good as Ion thinks they are.

I really can't take any Brewmaster interviews seriously after the whole: "Guard is overpowered, we have to remove it and give it to warriors!"-debacle.
    Lo and behold, warriors are a clear and present class in progression.

If they really DID believe it was overpowered and had removed it altogether, that's fine. But giving a copy to warriors? Really?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    I really can't take any Brewmaster interviews seriously after the whole: "Guard is overpowered, we have to remove it and give it to warriors!"-debacle.
    Lo and behold, warriors are a clear and present class in progression.

If they really DID believe it was overpowered and had removed it altogether, that's fine. But giving a copy to warriors? Really?
    Well, if you look at it one-dimensional like that, then yes, that makes no sense. But you can't just look at single skills in a vacuum. Guard together with stagger would be too powerful. That's true. Brm would be immortal if we had guard right now.

Well, if you look at it one-dimensional like that, then yes, that makes no sense. But you can't just look at single skills in a vacuum. Guard together with stagger would be too powerful. That's true. Brm would be immortal if we had guard right now.
    I do think the current iteration of Guard (the PvP talent) could be useful in PvE content though without it being insanely overpowered like it was before.

True, you can't look at it in a vacuum.
    But I find it exceedingly strange that they complain all through WoD about having to balance a HUGE scaling self-bubble, and then they create Ignore Pain.

Sorry, I still haven't gotten over the loss of Guard. Or Clash. Or... whatever, I'll see myself out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsakura View Post
    I do think the current iteration of Guard (the PvP talent) could be useful in PvE content though without it being insanely overpowered like it was before.
    Disagreed. With how strong Brewmasters already are at stemming the flow of damage, their baseline mitigation would need to be nerfed significantly to allow for a damage shielding cooldown to be balanced properly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahsakura View Post
    If it only absorbed magic damage maybe. Against physical, the last thing BRM needs is a cd basically increasing their EH. It would be like guardian druid in the last week of beta before all the nerfs, an immortal God.

15+ Year Old Account
    IMHO they should simply make Zen Meditation only reduce magic damage and then balance it around that. 2-3 minutes cooldown, 6-8 seconds duration, 40-60% reduction, something like that.

Since we have NOTHING besides 50% stagger against heavy magic damage (god I hate tanking high m+ arcways).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

That is not very blizzard of you. Instead of fixing the class let's just make everyone depend on a Fundamental Observation legendary by buffing it to godly tier next mini patch. Then the next time they complain with "somethings not right here" we can tell them they are playing the class wrong but never actually tell them what we meant by that. Yea, this sounds like a more reasonable approach.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously this thread went on a little bit too long. If you'd like to complain, use the rant thread. If you'd like to maturely discuss Brewmasters, use the discussion thread.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch