Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    How can you say something like that when you can be overgeared for those dungeons only by doing world quests?
    I say that because they are not as easy as it would be possible for them to be. At the gear level they are intended for, they are pretty far from that. And the amount of difficulty they can have before they start failign for LFD groups is not high.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Right now, Kara and Arcway/Court of Stars are not accessible any other way. I can understand why people want those queueable. But they will be soon (heroic versions). I don't think mythic dungeons should be queueable.

I think if they had made a heroic version of these dungeons to begin with, and then allowed all dungeon quests to be finished in heroics, then almost none of these discussions would have ever happened.

For the most part, I don't think it is the access to mythic dungeon gear that most people complaining actually care about (although there are some). I think it is more about being denied doing the content and access to the questing and profession stuff.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-11-20 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    For a simple reason: They're not hard.

Seriously. I'm not being a "that guy/girl" right now, they're just not difficult. Even at 840 they weren't. The only thing that makes them "Mythic" is the fact that I have to walk my lazy butt over to the portal. I can barely tell the freaking difference as a healer between an 820ish group doing heroic and an 840ish group doing Mythic.

We have Mythic+ if you want a true challenge in dungeons, and those are a blast (except volcanic and/or bolstering making some dungeons impossible) and really fun to me. Let plain old "Mythic" either earn its name or just be queueable. If people are afraid that it will become a cesspit of fire-standers then have a minor warning before you queue notifying the player that Mythic is more challenging.
    Also leave out a "Random daily Mythic" so people have to make a conscious choice of what dungeon they're doing, so there's no "oh shit never done this one" feeling. This is a very minor psychological thing but making someone make a conscious choice of what dungeon they're doing will generally give them a larger investment in their dungeon run.

My personal opinion: for the future, normal should become heroic and heroic should become mythic, mythic should become mythic+ and Blizzard should stop trying to solve player cultural problems with more dungeon difficulties, both for raids and dungeons. It never feels like it works out and we end up with the same issue all over again.
    Their design is generally flawed. They could've just called the heroics "normal" and mythic "heroic". I outgeared heroic dungeons really fast, but even faster the normal ones(i was already like 800 at lvl110; just make 109-110 open world items reward better gear). We don't need 4 difficulty-modes for dungeons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I say that because they are not as easy as it would be possible for them to be. At the gear level they are intended for, they are pretty far from that. And the amount of difficulty they can have before they start failign for LFD groups is not high.
    Sorry but im unable to understand your point, probably there are other reasons behind this "is too hard for lfd" because its not....but whatever, i guess we can live with different opinion on the matter

10+ Year Old Account
    because i dont enjoy spending an hour searching for a group.

Mainly due to me not wanting to have to sift through a million "looking for big dick dps!!!!" half finished groups to find a single group. The amount of normal mythics in group finder is small now anyways as most people move on to mythic plus. They aren't hard (easier than some heroics in the past) and should have never been removed from the queue system.

I think the biggest argument for non-queueable content was that dungeon finder made dungeons more accessible to toxic and bad players. That being said, I did A LOT of mythics and mythic+ with my tank-friend and we've encountered so many shitty players that I think that this is not true.

Furthermore, I think the current system with mythics is even worse. On the one side it doesn't make the community any better and on the other groupleaders tend to abuse their power and try to get carried, thus they make riddiculous requirements (over the top ilvl and multi clear xp). Also they try to communicate as least as possible (like with group finder).

I had the luck that I got that tank with me, so we were able to make our own groups quite fast. We even make our own raids. We tried to join some raids (less strssful for me), but even we as a decent group get declined quite often (we didn't have curve in the 3rd week after en release, but organised 3x EN normal clear runs).

That being said, I absolutely understand the point of LFR and LFD. It's a fair method to enter group content.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2016-11-20 at 03:15 PM.

"He's going all out!"

On topic: Why wouldn't people want them to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Mainly due to me not wanting to have to sift through a million "looking for big dick dps!!!!" half finished groups to find a single group. The amount of normal mythics in group finder is small now anyways as most people move on to mythic plus. They aren't hard (easier than some heroics in the past) and should have never been removed from the queue system.
    Mythic dungeons were never part of the queue system to begin with, even in WoD.

It doesn't matter to me much, even if mythic dungeons were added to a queue I would still form my own groups to avoid having to carry people. Last time I did a random heroic there was an ~855 outlaw rogue doing less than 150k on AoE and even less on bosses, and thats with the LFD buff. Do not want when I'm trying to clear X mythic for the 100th time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    "He's going all out!"

On topic: Why wouldn't people want them to be?
    I would avoid it if it became a thing because in nearly every LFG random I do there's people that need carrying. I don't like groups where I'm forced to make up for someone's incompetence.

That being said, since I wouldn't use it, I don't care if it happens. The only downside is there might be a lack of people signing up for them in the group finder, but I'm a tank, and all the dps crying for free runs are a dime a dozen, so it will still be easy to form my own groups.

Deleted
    because many people are a bunch of lazy, whiny egomaniacs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Mythic doungeon were in the LFD system in wod, just with a different name, heroics

Mythic doungeon were in the LFD system in wod, just with a different name, heroics
    Considering that in the first patch i was soloing them as a fire mage I respectfully disagree.

Mythic is for premades. Heroics are for auto groups. Stop trying to lower the bar again like in cata and just accept that the current system works.

Even dungeons like halls of reflections turned into painful runs and the average player was more skilled back then.

Just find a group. It isn't hard join a decent guild worth its salt or make your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post

It doesn't matter to me much, even if mythic dungeons were added to a queue I would still form my own groups to avoid having to carry people. Last time I did a random heroic there was an ~855 outlaw rogue doing less than 150k on AoE and even less on bosses, and thats with the LFD buff. Do not want when I'm trying to clear X mythic for the 100th time.

- - - Updated - - -

I would avoid it if it became a thing because in nearly every LFG random I do there's people that need carrying. I don't like groups where I'm forced to make up for someone's incompetence.

That being said, since I wouldn't use it, I don't care if it happens. The only downside is there might be a lack of people signing up for them in the group finder, but I'm a tank, and all the dps crying for free runs are a dime a dozen, so it will still be easy to form my own groups.
    Removed was the wrong word, they shouldn't have been kept out of the queue. Heroics are excuse my language a fucking joke, and normal may as well been made a solo scenario. normal mythic (what im saying should be queued.) takes little if no coordination outside of basic ability to stay of stuff. I've ran into plenty of tanks who think they can handle the whole dungeon in one pull only to be destroyed a second later, or my favorite pull a group of 5 healers, and then bitch about us not interrupting. Honestly seems like group finder did less to stop toxic bad player and more to empower them to feel like they matter since they "put the team together".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Considering that in the first patch i was soloing them as a fire mage I respectfully disagree.

Mythic is for premades. Heroics are for auto groups. Stop trying to lower the bar again like in cata and just accept that the current system works.

Even dungeons like halls of reflections turned into painful runs and the average player was more skilled back then.

Just find a group. It isn't hard join a decent guild worth its salt or make your own group.
    Mythics aren't hard though, nothing pre-made about them they are literally just the old heroics with a new name. Also Halls of reflection wasn't hard it was just had a shitty design.
    Last edited by Scottyjscizzle; 2016-11-20 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Removed was the wrong word, they shouldn't have been kept out of the queue. Heroics are excuse my language a fucking joke, and normal may as well been made a solo scenario. normal mythic (what im saying should be queued.) takes little if no coordination outside of basic ability to stay of stuff. I've ran into plenty of tanks who think they can handle the whole dungeon in one pull only to be destroyed a second later, or my favorite pull a group of 5 healers, and then bitch about us not interrupting. Honestly seems like group finder did less to stop toxic bad player and more to empower them to feel like they matter since they "put the team together".

- - - Updated - - -

Mythics aren't hard though, nothing pre-made about them they are literally just the old heroics with a new name. Also Halls of reflection wasn't hard it was just had a shitty design.
    You overestimate just how awful the average player is. Yes you can carry one or two but a bad tank or a average tank with a poor healer is a nightmare. We have tried this over and over again. Halls of reflection, zg and za. This content is beyond the average player unless you sit in a group for hours trying to kick protected players till you cycle into a group that can kill it.

You have heroics. That is the content designed for auto groups either make your own groups or settle with it.

I don't need heroics, I've done the mythics and they are mind numbing boring even with shit players. I don't really care what they do, but to act like mythics are these magical bastions of skill either says your one of the shitty players or exaggerating the problem.
    Last edited by Scottyjscizzle; 2016-11-20 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    You overestimate just how awful the average player is. Yes you can carry one or two but a bad tank or a average tank with a poor healer is a nightmare. We have tried this over and over again. Halls of reflection, zg and za. This content is beyond the average player unless you sit in a group for hours trying to kick protected players till you cycle into a group that can kill it.
    too bad you can find bad players even in premades because you dont know ppl you're joining with

too bad you can find bad players even in premades because you dont know ppl you're joining with
    You can.

You can also remove them instantly and screen them rather then seeing "this player can not be kicked for 2 hours"

Deleted
    People need to learn to adapt. I like the new system where its like tbc. Its the same with flying. I had to adapt to that too and now Im used to it

Deleted
    You can.

You can also remove them instantly and screen them rather then seeing "this player can not be kicked for 2 hours"
    mmmmmmmmmnope because maybe you're not the group leader since as i said, you joined, but anyway you're right, they should change that "this player can not be kicked for 2 hours" fixed that to me is ok

mmmmmmmmmnope because maybe you're not the group leader since as i said, you joined, but anyway you're right, they should change that "this player can not be kicked for 2 hours" fixed that to me is ok
    If they took away all of the protection form lfg and i do mean all of it. Then maybe it could work but keep in mind they added those because they felt wrath dungeons had to high of standards...

Auto groups just dont work beyond faceroll.